Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving the location of the evision box

Options
  • 24-06-2014 1:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭

I got my evision box and telecom points installed in my sitting room.
    Is it possible to get the point moved to a bedroom by an engineer?
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Is it possible  to get the point moved to a bedroom by an engineer?
    Thanks

Hi Zayd Important Azure

I've contacted evision support who have advised me that it is not possible to arrange a technician to do this for you however if you require an extra box in another room it is possible to request 'multiroom' - A technician installs this.

Thanks
    Al

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Hi tatranska

I've contacted evision support who have advised me that it is not possible to arrange a technician to do this for you however if you require an extra box in another room it is possible to request 'multiroom' - A technician installs this.

Thanks
    Al

Didn't need an extra box. I just wanted to move the existing one. Thankfully someone in chat suggested an extender kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Sparklingangel

Hi Zayd Important Azure

Thanks
    Al

Didn't need an extra box.  I just wanted to move the existing one.  Thankfully someone in chat suggested an extender kit.
    Hi, I have the same problem.  I want to move the box to my kitchen as I do  not use it in my sitting room.  Not enough time to sit down.   Did you get any joy.  I do not want a second box or the bills for a second box.  I just want the ability to use my box in the room I am in  most of the time.  Thanks  

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Hi, I have the same problem.  I want to move the box to my kitchen as I do  not use it in my sitting room.  Not enough time to sit down.   Did you get any joy.  I do not want a second box or the bills for a second box.  I just want the ability to use my box in the room I am in  most of the time.  Thanks  

I ditched eirTV. It was so bad I even paid for both it and sky for 6 months.
    For the first 12 months of the contract sky offered me a cannot refuse deal to come back.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Sparklingangel

Is it possible  to get the point moved to a bedroom by an engineer?
    Thanks

Hi Zayd Important Azure

Thanks
    Al

Thanks for the reply, for what I need eir is fine.  I record the soaps, sad I know but it works for that.  I just do not get to sit and watch them and having them on in kitchen would be light relief.  So I would love to just move the box into kitchen.  Glad sky worked out for you.  I was doing the same paying for both but not worth it.  I do not do sports and I am covered in movies.  

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭jd

You could try homeplugs. You leave the modem where it is and just move the stb. Works well for some, not so well for others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Hi Zayd Important Azure

Thanks
    Al

Didn't need an extra box.  I just wanted to move the existing one.  Thankfully someone in chat suggested an extender kit.
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Sparklingangel,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for getting in touch.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I would recommend contacting the technical team to arrange this. You can contact them on 1890260260 or Freephone 1901 option 2. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Pamela [/font]

Advertisement