Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Dublin

Options
  • 24-06-2014 1:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hey people,
    So I'm moving up to Dublin in September and was hoping I might get some advice on here?
    I'm going to be working in temple street and going to classes once a week in DCU. I'm thinking of moving to drumcondra but am open to other suggestions - my geography of Dublin is pretty weak!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Drumcondra would be perfect, Phibsboro would be an option too, they're both in walking distance of both places with some bus options.

Bear in mind September is the busiest time of year for people looking to rent with all the college season starting back.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Idiopath

Thanks Cathmandooo!
    Yea I'm flexible enough in that I can go from the end of August to the end of Sept! I'll have to check out Phibsboro :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭carlmango11

I wouldn't really consider Phibsboro walking distance of DCU. Certainly not the end down near the canal. Same goes for Drumcondra.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

I wouldn't really consider Phibsboro walking distance of DCU. Certainly not the end down near the canal. Same goes for Drumcondra.

Really? It's just over 3km from Cabra Rd / NCR junction to DCU, a 30 - 35 minute walk unless you have walking difficulties, and there's bus options too. I'd imagine it's better to do that once a week and live nearer the job in Temple Street.

Advertisement