Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the frames whelans Monday 30th June

Options
  • 24-06-2014 1:32pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭

As part of whelans 25th anniversary.
    Tickets on sale at 2pm from whelans box office.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭littleredspot

Interesting to know how many tickets went on sale, sold out in seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

And they're gone. I was on from five to two refreshing, got on and they were sold out. Must have been on sale for less than 30 seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

Interesting to know how many tickets went on sale, sold out in seconds.

love to know myself literally seconds

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭the_barfly1

Had the webpage loaded from about 1:30, went into a queue at 2pm, then ten mins later the buy tickets page appeared, was able to select my tickets (said they were available), then said they were sold out at the next stage. Raging.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭GaryByrne

Load of balls these gigs! why advertise them if there is feck all tickets onsale
    It was the same with the Damien Rice gig

I was past the queue and through to the tickets at 2 on the button and they were sold out doesn't make sense

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Username2011

GaryByrne wrote: »
    Load of balls these gigs! why advertise them if there is feck all tickets onsale
    It was the same with the Damien Rice gig

I was past the queue and through to the tickets at 2 on the button and they were sold out doesn't make sense

Same.
    I heard there was a big queue outside Whelans itself
    So presume they got priority

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

there was a sizeable queue at the box office window down by the entrance too apparently..

yeah maybe so :( Still pretty gutted!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

Managed to grab three tickets for this, on my phone of all things

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Andrew 83

I managed to get them queuing outside Whelan's. Not everyone who was outside Whelan's got them though most did. They went down the queue in advance of 2pm and told people beyond a certain point that they prob wouldn't get them so should try online.

Looked like they had a certain amount of physical tickets there. They went along the queue taking everyone's name and asking how many they wanted then reached a cut off point. I'd say my tickets were among the last there and my ticket number was about 100 so I'd say there was approx 100-120 tickets available there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

What is the capacity of Whelans, I think it's only 400 - 500, probably a fair amount went a corporate direction too

A lot would go to guests of the band, family, friends etc also

Enjoy the gig anyway to whoever ended up getting tickets you shower of b*****d's :P

Seems doors are at 8pm for tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Rosy Posy

This was one of the best gigs I've been to in a long time. Just wondered if anyone could name all the people who got up to perform. I know Danny from the Coronas did Mic Christopher's Heyday Baby, and Lisa O'Neill did a song but were the others that got up during the Aul Triangle?

Rosy Posy wrote: »
    This was one of the best gigs I've been to in a long time. Just wondered if anyone could name all the people who got up to perform. I know Danny from the Coronas did Mic Christopher's Heyday Baby, and Lisa O'Neill did a song but were the others that got up during the Aul Triangle?

That was Mundy, and Jerry the sound guy did a song, I think I'm deaf now haha what a show

EyesClosed wrote: »
    That was Mundy, and Jerry the sound guy did a song, I think I'm deaf now haha what a show

Thanks, I knew he looked familiar. Any clues on the specky Buddy Holly look-a-like? It was an amazing gig, they just kept playing, and looked like they were having a great time of it too.

Rosy Posy wrote: »
    Thanks, I knew he looked familiar. Any clues on the specky Buddy Holly look-a-like? It was an amazing gig, they just kept playing, and looked like they were having a great time of it too.

He is Oisin Leech from the lost brothers, they opened up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

What a gig! Privileged to have been there and fairplay to the Frames for running a tab for most of the night. The Auld Triangle was a great way to get everyone up on stage, ears still ringing this morning. Work is gonna be tough today :pac:

Roddy23 wrote: »
    What a gig! Privileged to have been there and fairplay to the Frames for running a tab for most of the night. The Auld Triangle was a great way to get everyone up on stage, ears still ringing this morning. Work is gonna be tough today :pac:

At least I am not the only one with ringing ears haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

A free bar??

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Would have loved to have gone to this. One of the best gigs I was ever at was The Frames in Marlay Park about 10 years ago. I went with my then-girlfriend and didn't even know who they were at the time, been a fan ever since. Hope those of you who got tickets enjoyed it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

niallo24 wrote: »
    A free bar??

Yeah, the Frames asked for a tab to be opened. When I was leaving even after the gig it was still running. Nobody abused it though, which was great to see.

Yeah, the Frames asked for a tab to be opened. When I was leaving even after the gig it was still running. Nobody abused it though, which was great to see.

Yeah, it made me think we've all grown up a bit! There was just such a great atmosphere with him getting the two girls peeking in at the door let in and the couple getting engaged on stage. Obviously the music was amazing, I had a tear in my eye a few times, and it just went on and on- they played for over three hours! The Pixies cover at the end was fantastic, played with more passion and enthusiasm than I've ever heard the Pixies play with irl.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

That sounds like an amazing gig to have witnessed.

Lucky bastids!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Sounds like it was up there with the anniversary gig for For The Birds - that was something special alright!

A5637A25-1C14-4D16-BFBA-609856180A61.jpg
    AB55F55A-67DB-4696-A843-8DE3F1199703.jpg

We stayed for the lock in. They were still singing at 7am

Today is a write off but it was worth it. Brillo gig

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

Very jealous, sounds like a brilliant night :)

Advertisement