Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maximum number on mailing list

Options
  • 24-06-2014 1:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭

Hi there.

I help administer a website for a first aid organisation in Ireland. We recently switched from Google Apps email to the email offered on Linux Maximus.

I was wondering if you could tell me what the maximum number of addresses that an email will send before it fails?

One of our directors was attempting to send a a mass email to some of the membership this morning (128 addresses) and it bounced back mentioning some kind of limit (He can't recall the exact error message!)

Thanks

John

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

If you're talking about making announcements we'd recommend using a dedicated mailing solution like MailChimp or Newsletter.ie, as they're setup to handle bulk email and can handle all the unsubscribe stuff, bounces and other errors
    If you want to send out announcements from your desktop machine there are several tools you can use that will help - Infacta Groupmail for Windows and Mac MassMail spring to mind.
    Sending emails with a large number of recipients is generally a bad idea, as it will trigger blacklists etc.,

I can ask one of our technical team to confirm what limits we put in place

HTH

Michele

Hi there.

I help administer a website for a first aid organisation in Ireland. We recently switched from Google Apps email to the email offered on Linux Maximus.

I was wondering if you could tell me what the maximum number of addresses that an email will send before it fails?

One of our directors was attempting to send a a mass email to some of the membership this morning (128 addresses) and it bounced back mentioning some kind of limit (He can't recall the exact error message!)

Thanks

John
    Hi John,

The maximum number of recipients on our shared email system is 100 per email.

Advertisement