Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Lovely Horse Charity

• 24-06-2014 3:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Has anyone had any dealing with the My Lovely Horse Charity?
    What are they like?
    I've seen their facebook page and they seem to be doing great work.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

All equine charities or just this one in particular?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Pat_Planky

This one in particular, thanks....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,339 ✭✭✭convert

Any particular reason?

Hi convert. Yeah, a friend made contact with them hoping to help and I was looking on there website site for guidelines/ethos etc. but there was nothing up. And was wondering on which end of the spectrum they lie?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Tammi

Hi
    Yes I help out with this group. Very nice bunch of people that work hard but do not have proper experience dealing with the horses ( this is what I can see ) They have no real base and rely on people taking the aminals when better and healed for short or long term. Not of these people have little knowledge of equine care but the really love the animals.

Yes the work can be hard but worthwhile.

Let me know if you want to know anything else.

• Advertisement

Thanks Tammi. Do you know what sort of long term homes they look for?
    For example do they look for families that will keep a horse till it dies or are they happy with families that will keep a horse for a few years and then move it on to another home?

Advertisement