Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem With SUSI

Options
  • 24-06-2014 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭

Hey I was wondering if anyone here could help me out with this, as the SUSI board was cancelled for some reason a while back:

I just received a letter from themselves a few days back, re my application as an independent mature student for September. The letter states that, as I was a dependent student when I first tried my hand at further education, I'm still deemed as such. The problem is that, according to their website at least, I should be eligible.

Their prerequisites for being a mature student are either:

(1) Be 23 in January 2014 & live independently.

or

(2) Attend an approved course, take a break of at least 3.5 years, reapply for an approved course.

Seeing as I am 25, and it has been 4.5 years since I last pursued a degree, I don't know where the problem lays... Their letter only states the first of the two requirements listed above. Can anyone enlighten me, as SUSI themselves are sort of like beating your head against a brick wall.. :confused:

Comments

Advertisement