Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Traveling with a baby to the USA

Options
  • 24-06-2014 4:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I'll be taking my baby to the USA for a week, and wanted to get tips and advises from parents of formula fed babies like mine .

Did you have to take a lot of ready made bottled formula or just took the powder formula? Should I just buy baby formula over there rather than bringing it from Ireland?
    Did you take with a travel kettle to boil tap water or you were just using bottled water without the need to boil it?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Coopaloop

Amouar wrote: »
    Hello,

I'll be taking my baby to the USA for a week, and wanted to get tips and advises from parents of formula fed babies like mine .

Did you have to take a lot of ready made bottled formula or just took the powder formula? Should I just buy baby formula over there rather than bringing it from Ireland?
    Did you take with a travel kettle to boil tap water or you were just using bottled water without the need to boil it?

Thanks

For the plane I would just bring those bottles of ready made formula, they are around a euro each or so depending on brand, then just bring maye 3 or 4 pre sterilised bottles so you can pour it into them.

is it a hotel you are staying in? Check if they have a kettle already in the room to save you the hassle of bringing one, and if you dont already have one an electric sterliser would be usefull for lack of microwave, tommy tippie on sale at the moment in argos for just over €30, im buying one for when I go away. Personally I would bring my own formula, just to save the hassle of having to get it over there, and make sure you bring extra bottles of the pre made stuff for the way home and handy to have one in the bag in case you are out longer during the day too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,303 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

I wouldn't bother with the electric steriliser. Whenever we went away when my daughter was younger I just brought a basin and used Milton tablets to sterilise the bottles.

It would probably be easier to just bring your own formula. A couple of boxes plus some ready made cartons for the plane should be all you need. It will save you the hassle of having to get some over there, and the formula you normally use might not be available.

Check with the hotel about the kettle. A lot of hotels in the US would just have a coffee maker in the room so it might be easier to pack a travel kettle.

Advertisement