Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Le Chéile International Meet - June 27th

Options
  • 24-06-2014 4:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

On Friday 27th June, Le Chéile AC will celebrate the opening of their new 8-lane, fully-synthetic athletics facility in Leixlip, Co. Kildare. The event will include a night of high-class, international competition and will be a celebration of athletics to be enjoyed by all the family. The Irish Milers Club has kindly come on-board and will be staging one of their famously well-run, high-quality competitions as part of the event.

The highlights of the evening will include the Men's Mile with David McCarthy and John Coghlan among an international field, the Women's 800m where the competitors include Ciara Everard, Laura Crowe and World Championship finalist Zoe Buckman from Australia and a 400m Hurdles race featuring Irish record holder Thomas Barr.

There will be graded races run by the Irish Milers club over 100m, 800m & 1500m as well as a Long Jump & High Jump competition. Entry for these events is available on the Irish Milers Club site.

The event promises to be a night to remember with great racing on the track. There will also be kids entertainment during the night and best of all admission is FREE! Everything kicks off at 6 p.m.

All details are available on our website http://www.lecheileac.com/lecheileinternational

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 3D2S

Sounds like a great night. Looking forward to seeing how the pros do it!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

1500 for me, can't wait

• Registered Users Posts: 11 foreverblue

Looking like a top class line up!! Should be a great night and free is always good!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭GG21057

Jeez, the event filled up quick! Really looking forward to what should be a great event. Kudos to Le Cheile.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭GG21057

Jeez, the event filled up quick! Really looking forward to what should be a great event. Kudos to Le Cheile.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

Down for the 400m. Looking forward to running on the brand new track. Fingers crossed the rain stays away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Killerz

Best of luck with it. Great track - got a good flavour for it, having gone round it 95 times last weekend!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

Lookin forward to havin a look at this ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

ultraman1 wrote: »
    Lookin forward to havin a look at this ...
    Great nite tonite..4 min mile broken 3 times..

Enjoyed the meet and great to get a chance to run in it. Feel like it was one of my best ever runs, but the nippy temperatures and strong winds scuppered the PB attempt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Decent Sb and only a few seconds off a pb in the 15 for me, so happy out. Abit windy on the back straight alright but when you got a field stay competitive you always got someone to tuck in behind. Roll on the next 15, pb or die trying!

Timmaay wrote: »
    Decent Sb and only a few seconds off a pb in the 15 for me, so happy out. Abit windy on the back straight alright but when you got a field stay competitive you always got someone to tuck in behind. Roll on the next 15, pb or die trying!

Haha, a bit difficult to do this in a 400!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,637 ✭✭✭Trampas

ultraman1 wrote: »
    Great nite tonite..4 min mile broken 3 times..

You broke it 3 times. That superbok you've been drinking must be dodgy ;)

Foxy said you had been assigned a hard job

• Registered Users Posts: 19,517 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Dropped out on my way to St Cocas's race in Kilcock, and looked like a really great event (except for that belligerent burly bossy bouncer preventing people from entering the 'Athlete village'. Didn't want to go in there anyway. :) Track looks really great. Look forward to getting a run out on it at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭regularkev

Some photos from the night and a link to the results

https://www.flickr.com/photos/jhshelley/sets/72157645350567296/

http://www.lecheileac.com/results

We had a brilliant night and thanks to everyone who came out and competed or supported. We hope to make the track meet an annual event.

regularkev wrote: »
    Some photos from the night and a link to the results

https://www.flickr.com/photos/jhshelley/sets/72157645350567296/

http://www.lecheileac.com/results

We had a brilliant night and thanks to everyone who came out and competed or supported. We hope to make the track meet an annual event.

Great photos. I can't seem to download the ones of me. Is there a way this can be done?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭regularkev

Chivito550 wrote: »
    Great photos. I can't seem to download the ones of me. Is there a way this can be done?

If you hover over the photo in fullscreen, there is an arrow on the bottom right hand corner that gives you the download options.

Advertisement