Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Landlord selling

Options
  • 24-06-2014 5:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

The bank is forcing my landlord to sell. I have been in this flat for almost 5 years. I know he has to give me 4 months notice. But apart from this have i any more rights.I've been a perfect tenant.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭garhjw

you do not have any other rights other than the notice period as per RT Act.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 dragonfly7

garhjw wrote: »
    you do not have any other rights other than the notice period as per RT Act.

Thanks garhjw...wonder if its possible to stay as tenant if new buyers goin ti rent it out. Its in a hse converted into flats.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

dragonfly7 wrote: »
    Thanks garhjw...wonder if its possible to stay as tenant if new buyers goin ti rent it out. Its in a hse converted into flats.

dragonfly7 please don't use txtspk, it's against the charter.

With regards to asking the new buyers to allow you continue as a tenant, you may ask, but they may not be buying the property as a rental, it maybe for personal use.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,394 ✭✭✭Ray Palmer

The LL is selling and has given you notice and that's all you are due. Most people even investors don't normally want tenants in as they tend to have at least some upgrade plans.

I don't get what you expect. There is no certainty the next owner will want to rent. Being the perfect tenant would be accepting of the LLs need to sell and accept the notice that was given.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Get a good reference out of the LL and move on is your only option I'm afraid.

• Advertisement
Advertisement