Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage and renovation costs loan?

Options
  • 24-06-2014 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi, i have recently been approved of a mortgage of €140,000, which would allow me to purchase a property to the value of €152,000. I am purchasing a property of a family member at the price of €25,000, the property is valued at €55,000. My renovation works will cost me €115,000 approx. What way will the banks favour me now, total cost is €140,000, but am looking for €128,000 to pay purchase price and reno costs. Is there still a chance i may not be approved of this even tho its lower than what i originally have been approved for ? Also my engineer and solicitors fees, i have been paying these off in stages as both are close friends and are happy to do so. I have the 10% pf the €128,000, but these fees are not included in this. Will the bank be ok with this arrangment even though am currently paying each of them bit by bit, as it is i more or less have engineer paid of even before i go to the bank. Will the fact that am €30000 in equity straigh away be a big advantage to me when i go back to bank with my costing template for work ? Any advice would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Mr.McLovin

fin78 wrote: »
    Hi, i have recently been approved of a mortgage of €140,000, which would allow me to purchase a property to the value of €152,000. I am purchasing a property of a family member at the price of €25,000, the property is valued at €55,000. My renovation works will cost me €115,000 approx. What way will the banks favour me now, total cost is €140,000, but am looking for €128,000 to pay purchase price and reno costs. Is there still a chance i may not be approved of this even tho its lower than what i originally have been approved for ? Also my engineer and solicitors fees, i have been paying these off in stages as both are close friends and are happy to do so. I have the 10% pf the €128,000, but these fees are not included in this. Will the bank be ok with this arrangment even though am currently paying each of them bit by bit, as it is i more or less have engineer paid of even before i go to the bank. Will the fact that am €30000 in equity straigh away be a big advantage to me when i go back to bank with my costing template for work ? Any advice would be great.

my advice would be to start your own thread and you'll probably get your answer!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭GavMan

fin78 wrote: »

As above, best to start a thread of your own.

I think however, if you want to borrow for a renovation, you'll need to show that the property will increase in value. Possibly to the tune of the principle amount. Perhaps more....

Advertisement