Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thank you!!

Options
  • 24-06-2014 5:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭

I'm posting this here in the hope that the kind person who returned my wallet to me might see it. I hope that's ok mods.

My wallet was stolen outside the Diamond Version gig in the Button Factory on the 24th of last month. I cancelled all my cards etc.. but there was some sentimental stuff in there that i was super gutted about losing.

I came home today to find a big brown envelope with my wallet inside that someone had kindly and anonymously posted to Cork. There was no return address, just a stamp from Dublin. To whoever this person is, THANK YOU!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Nice one! I'm delighted for you. Kudos to whomever did the good deed.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,321 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

And thus began the end of enmities between Dublin and Cork...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

It's a little sad that this is considered a good deed, I'd hope most people would do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Burky126

It's acts like these that make me wish karma was real. I hope whoever sent you your wallet back gets some good fortune their way!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭frash

Was the cash still in it??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Léan

frash wrote: »
    Was the cash still in it??

Nope. I'm guessing someone just fleeced it and then threw it on the street or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

--LOS-- wrote: »
    It's a little sad that this is considered a good deed, I'd hope most people would do that.

Why? I've found and Returned two wallets full of money in the last few years and on one occasion had the front door shut in my face without so much as a Thanks, the other time all I got was a grunt off the fuker, so from now on I've decided that anything I find (with the exception of pension books) is Mine.

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭fatherted1969

Happened to me about 5 years ago. Lost my wallet in a cab in nyc. Long story short i got it back about 3 hours later by the driver who got on a train from new jersey and came back into city after a weeks work there and handed it back to me. Credit cards and debit cards and $1500 in cash still intact, plenty of honest people out there. Good to see you got your important stuff back op

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

--LOS-- wrote: »

I don't agree. I'd be as easy not to pick it up. Of course it's a good deed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Glad you got it back.

You owe me for the stamps. ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement