Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AV cable for Sega Megadrive II

Options
  • 24-06-2014 5:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Does anyone have an AV cable for the Sega Megadrive II or know where I can get one?

Are there any alternatives like using a connection from another electronic? Supposedly you can run the RF through the AV connection on another device or something along those lines?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

http://www.consolegoods.co.uk

I've heard nothing but good things about the above website.
    Rgb cables also give a much better display if your TV can handle it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 SJ23

They have them in TheR.A.G.E. for about a tenner, I think? Might be worth giving them a buzz before going in to check.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,391 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

AV cables look absolutely terrible. You're much better getting a RGB cable from the link above. It will cost less than RAGE charge and you'll get much better quality picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭badger57

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    AV cables look absolutely terrible. You're much better getting a RGB cable from the link above. It will cost less than RAGE charge and you'll get much better quality picture.

Can I get an ordinary RGB cable, or use one from another electronic? Or does it have to be a specific one for the megadrive?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭MontgomeryClift

It's specific to the Megadrive 2, and even a Megadrive 1 RGB cable won't work. £8.90 + postage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Get it from ConsoleGoods, worth the wait of a few days :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement