Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Placed on order online

Options
  • 24-06-2014 6:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

Hi there,

I placed an order online for phone and broadband on 8th June, on 10th June I received the following email:

[font=arial, sans-serif]Thank you for your recent order. Unfortunately there will be a slight delay in providing you with an [/font][font=arial, sans-serif]eircom[/font][font=arial, sans-serif] phone service because there is currently an active service being provided by another phone operator at your house. We will request the closure of that service and once that is confirmed, we will provide you with the [/font][font=arial, sans-serif]eircom[/font][font=arial, sans-serif] services you have requested.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Please note that the current service provider will take 7 working days to cease their service. Therefore, we will place your order 7 working days from today. We will contact you again about your order and advise you of your account details.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]We regret any inconvenience that this delay may cause you but we are required to ensure that the current service provider has an opportunity to cease their service.[/font]

I called Eircom yesterday and was passed to 4 different people each time having to explain the situation, the final person I spoke to yesterday evening told me he would find out more information and contact me by 9pm yesterday evening - I'm still waiting!!  I then called again this evening to be told that Eircom will not request the closure of the service.  This is a complete contradiction to the email of the 10th June.  

I do not have contact with the previous occupiers of the property and do not know who the other phone operator is - how can I get the line closed so my order can be processed?

I am extremely frustrated at how this is being handled and the mis-information/lies that I have been told.   

Can one of the Eircom reps please look into this?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Cgoodie wrote: »
    Hi there,

I placed an order online for phone and broadband on 8th June, on 10th June I received the following email:

[font=arial, sans-serif]Thank you for your recent order. Unfortunately there will be a slight delay in providing you with an [/font][font=arial, sans-serif]eircom[/font][font=arial, sans-serif] phone service because there is currently an active service being provided by another phone operator at your house. We will request the closure of that service and once that is confirmed, we will provide you with the [/font][font=arial, sans-serif]eircom[/font][font=arial, sans-serif] services you have requested.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Please note that the current service provider will take 7 working days to cease their service. Therefore, we will place your order 7 working days from today. We will contact you again about your order and advise you of your account details.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]We regret any inconvenience that this delay may cause you but we are required to ensure that the current service provider has an opportunity to cease their service.[/font]

I called Eircom yesterday and was passed to 4 different people each time having to explain the situation, the final person I spoke to yesterday evening told me he would find out more information and contact me by 9pm yesterday evening - I'm still waiting!!  I then called again this evening to be told that Eircom will not request the closure of the service.  This is a complete contradiction to the email of the 10th June.  

I do not have contact with the previous occupiers of the property and do not know who the other phone operator is - how can I get the line closed so my order can be processed?

I am extremely frustrated at how this is being handled and the mis-information/lies that I have been told.   

Can one of the Eircom reps please look into this?

Thanks.

Hi Cgoodie

I'm sorry for the inconvenience caused by this. I can confirm that many issues can occur as a result of the line currently being with another provider under ownership of the previous tenant.

Legally the account is under ownership of the previous tenant and eircom will be unable to just take it over with their consent or the landlords request.

The email you received should have not led you to believe that eircom can request the closure of this and I apologise for this.

It is the responsibility of the previous tenant or landlord to ensure the account had been closed with the other provider at the end of their lease - There is no possible way the online order could have went through as this was not arranged.

The best advice we can offer you is to contact the landlord to request them to arrange the closure of the account with the other provider if contact cannot be made to the account holder. If you are the home owner then you might be able to do this with the other provider.

Apologies for the misdirection and inconvenience the email caused.

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement