Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving home with a mortgage

Options
  • 24-06-2014 6:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭

Hey, the issue I have is that I'm looking to move house but already have a mortgage my plan if possible is to sell the house I have then buy another. I was just wondering how this would work with the bank. The house I'm looking to move too is cheaper than the house I'm in now its also less than the remainder of my current mortgage. Any advise gladly accepted. Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

When you sell your existing house, the proceeds from the sale are used to pay off your existing mortgage. If you have any surplus left over that is yours to keep, if the proceeds don't cover the outstanding debt you must repay the shortfall.

The new house purchase will require a new mortgage application. Go and talk to your bank and they will be able to advise you the best course of action.

Advertisement