Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fetac Level 5/ 6 Childcare recognized in Canada?

Options
  • 24-06-2014 6:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭

I've heard that 3 year Irish Degrees aren't recognized over in Canada.
    So what about Level 5 and 6 in Childcare? Can anyone advise on this please.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,298 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

I've heard that 3 year Irish Degrees aren't recognized over in Canada.
    So what about Level 5 and 6 in Childcare? Can anyone advise on this please.

Pretty sure that to get any job with children in canada is very difficult. if it doesnt already require a different visa, you will need doctors certs, background checks, interviews etc. and a long waiting time too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭whatlliwear

retalivity wrote: »
    Pretty sure that to get any job with children in canada is very difficult. if it doesnt already require a different visa, you will need doctors certs, background checks, interviews etc. and a long waiting time too

There is a Medical for people that want to work with children as part of the IEC.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,298 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

There is a Medical for people that want to work with children as part of the IEC.

Yeah I dont know the specifics, I just understand that it is very, very difficult for anyone on an iec to get a job with children like a teacher, in a day care, as a nurse etc due to the amount of redtape associated with it, so the recognition of the qualification wouldnt even come into it.

Maybe someone else can offer more information on it or whether its changed, but I remember reading others having problems with it on here a few months/year ago

Advertisement