Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Young Driver Insurance 18 years old Full License

Options
  • 24-06-2014 6:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi Guys

Sorry new to boards not sure if this is in the right section

Passed my driving test at the end of May and am looking to buy small car with a 1/1.2 litre  engine something like a yaris/clio worth around 3000.
      The car will have to be insured in my own name because my parents both have their own which are too expensive for me to be insurance on. I have no driving experience. 
      Can anyone who has knowledge in insurance or who recently got young driver insurance guide me on the cheapest companies.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭Spocker

Moved to Banking/Insurance/Pensions from Talk To->Adverts.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Excellent approach to starting out OP and best of luck to you. Try AXA and Liberty online and get a good broker on the job. Many posters here recommend Britton Insurance for young drivers but see who else posts

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Mark.Smith90

Aviva also have a great policy for learner drivers, along with discounted lessons. Just ring them up and see what they can do for you but have a good idea of which car you will have exactly first!

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Give a few insurance companies a ring and see what cars are the cheapest to insure for someone your age, and ask are there any that you should avoid. I did that when my sister was getting her first car and the companies I rang were happy to help.

Advertisement