Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Couple living with another couple

Options
  • 24-06-2014 7:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Myself and my girlfriend are currently saving with the intention of buying a house in 12 to 18 months. As of September we will also be looking for a new place to rent. Obviously we would prefer to spend as little as possible in the intervening time, but aren't prepared to sacrifice too much space.
    It looks like the option to rent a 2 to3 bed property with another couple (as opposed to a1 bed apartment/flat on our own) would fit our budget and space requirements. Having rented a place as a singleton with a couple I know that this can be lead to an odd dynamic in a house.
    So my question is, have any of the posters here and their significant other ever rented a place with another couple, and if so how did you find it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Consider they are thinking the same, and you end up not having that much room, as the other couple also has lots of stuff. Look into maybe a 2 bed house slightly further away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭xalot

Have lived (as a couple) with several different couples over the years and tend to prefer it to sharing with a singleton for the simple reason that you never get up in the morning to a one night stand person in your kitchen. Hate strangers in my house!

Also if you get on you can do things as a group. We got on very well with a few of the couples we lived with.

Though one couple broke up while we were living with them, very difficult situation but she was a psycho anyway!

Are you living in Dublin? If so pick a couple who are from outside Dublin as they will travel to their home county far more frequently meaning you'll have the place to yourself. Also try get people with good jobs as generally the more disposable income they have the more they wont be plonked on the couch - lived with a student couple before and they NEVER left the apartment, bills were massive as a result!

Also get a place with two bathrooms if you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

great suggestions above, imagine putting down, please disclose the amount of disrectionary expenditure you will have available after all essentials are paid :D

Advertisement