Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you think this is right/fair?

Options
  • 24-06-2014 10:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭

If anyone has any advice on this i'd really appreciate it :)

I did a course at a college, which closed down.
    The course was more or less done (bar 4-5 weeks) before it went into liquidation and before we did our exams.

Anyway, we managed to do our exams and now 7 weeks later we are still awaiting our results....

Last week we got word that ITEC were not releasing our results due to an outstanding invoice between the liquidator and ITEC.
    The students paid the fee's in good faith but those fee's were not passed on to ITEC.

There has been some back and forth of emails and phone calls by the director of our college to ITEC, 2 emails i have seen personally, asking them to please release our results.

The latest development now is that they're telling the students that if they want their results the students can pay ITEC 110 euro in order to get the results released and get our diplomas.....

It is utterly frustrating beyond belief at this stage....i've had nothing but hassle with the college from the get go, of which i wont go into but now we're being spouted this crap....and some students are going to pay ITEC, its crazy.....

I was planning on calling consumer rights in the morning to see what they say however as ITEC are based in the UK i don't even know if i can get anywhere with them....it seems like a lost cause....

I understand that they are a company and they have fee's and what not but its not the students fault all of this has happened and we're caught up in it all and a it's like a feeling of being held to ransom over the whole thing.....

Not a happy bunny :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,059 ✭✭✭✭L1011

ITEC haven't been paid for a commercial service. Your consumer issue is with whoever continued trading insolvent at the college, not them.

If there's enough of you in this situation there's a vague chance some political pressure could be brought on them but as they're not a domestic company I doubt they'd care.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭fizzlepurplefuz

Thank you for your response MYOB :)

I've sent an emailing to all students involved to try and get us mobile on the issue.
    I agree and understand that ITEC are a company with outstanding fees and do believe that we now need to target the people a little closer to home.

Advertisement