Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guitar Newbie

Options
  • 24-06-2014 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

Im buying an electric guitar, but im stuck on whether to buy a left or right handed one. It probably doesnt really matter as im a complete beginner. ive tried both in the shop, and neither feels better or worse but as im left handed its kind of stuck in my head that i should get a left handed one. any advice ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

This has been discussed in the past in the Instrument forum, so have a poke around there and you should find some old threads about it.

As a leftie that plays right handed I would say go with whatever's most natural/comfortable. I tried both ways at the start, and right-handed just seemed to work for me.

If, like you say, neither one feels more natural than the other then if you go right-handed you'll have a lot more choice, both in the shop and in the second-hand market.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

You know when you play Air Guitar in the mirror whilst getting ready to go out of a Saturday?

Whichever way you hold that Guitar is your best bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Barcafan11

Batesy wrote: »
    You know when you play Air Guitar in the mirror whilst getting ready to go out of a Saturday?

Whichever way you hold that Guitar is your best bet.

that would be left handed i would have to admit. But the bloke looking back is using a right handed one. Anyway ive gone for the right handed one. Im picking it up this morning. Cheers for the help anyway.

Advertisement