Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Anchorage, family holiday?

Options
  • 24-06-2014 10:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭

Myself, hubbie and 2 kids, were thinking of spending a week in westport, as we have never been. Came across self catering apartments in Anchorage, Westport, but have seen no reviews. Was hoping people could give me an idea of their suitability for a family, location, and proximity to various amenities.Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

About 5 mins drive/20 mins walk from town centre.
    Has some restaurants in the area which I would say is generally very family friendly.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭clogher71

Beside the main entrance to Westport house.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

The Anchorage is at the entrance to Westport HOuse, where there are a lot of faciities suitable for children.

Good restaurant beside it, and some more restaurants and pubs along the Quay.

If you need baby sitters book early as there is high demand at peak season.

It is over half a mile into Westport town, but there is ample parking there.

Various friends stayed there over the years. Haven't heard any adverse reports.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭CraftySue

Thanks everyone for the responses, we have booked it, and looking forward to it now. Nuac just wondering where do you book babysitters?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

CraftySue wrote: »
    Thanks everyone for the responses, we have booked it, and looking forward to it now. Nuac just wondering where do you book babysitters?

My information is rather out of date.

About 15 years ago two of my daughters were on a baby sitting panel for one of the other premises at the Quay. I recall a vetting procedure etc. Big demand at peak seasons, and phone calls in following years

My young ladies and their friends have now moved on.

The management of where you are staying may be able to arrange, or else Westport Tourism.

I presume each hotel or apartment block would have their own panel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭CraftySue

Thanks for getting back nuac, will check those out, it could give us a few more options. Looking forward to the holiday now :)

Advertisement