Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soccer Forum Moderation tonight

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

RasTa wrote: »
    Yeah the Liverpool thread is a strange place but it's their thread. Seems odd they can act differently than the rest of the form.

^^^^
    This, certainly seemed the case on the Suarez night.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

RasTa wrote: »
    Yeah the Liverpool thread is a strange place but it's their thread. Seems odd they can act differently than the rest of the form.

Its very good natured and a bit mad at times, some of it I like, some is over my head. Tbh most of us just take the piss out of ourselves at this stage, I'd have thought that was a good thing!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

K-9 wrote: »
    Its very good natured and a bit mad at times, some of it I like, some is over my head. Tbh most of us just take the piss out of ourselves at this stage, I'd have thought that was a good thing!

How a new poster is meant to understand anything that goes on in that thread I just don't know. It's one big clique for the most part.

It is a good thing,
    But when modding doesn't apply fairly across the board then it's not exactly perfect..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

How a new poster is meant to understand anything that goes on in that thread I just don't know. It's one big clique for the most part.

I'm going to be controversial with this and say so what. Without the flexibility in the superthread the forum would have been close to getting shut down.

• Advertisement

Without the flexibility in the superthread the forum would have been close to getting shut down.

How so?

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    I got a straight red in the Suarez thread for trying to explain why the ban impacted on Liverpool fans. There is no possible way you can mention the Suarez ban and not mention Liverpool. Yet the warning was given no Liverpool talk, and bang, straight red, early shower.

Needs more detail tbh, but it isn't really the place, you've the right to appeal.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Needs more detail tbh, but it isn't really the place, you've the right to appeal.

Care to shed light on why cards were given in both Suarez and united threads without warning, for calling a name.
    While when it happened in the Liverpool thread a warming seemed sufficient?

How so?

Because of the pure trolling in the "dedicated" thread, which I thought we agreed upon earlier in this thread in a roundabout way?

As for cliques, you'd be hard pushed to argue there's any less of a clique in the man united superthread. If the roles were reversed you would expect an equal haven in the man united superthread.

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Care to shed light on why cards were given in both Suarez and united threads without warning, for calling a name.
    While when it happened in the Liverpool thread a warming seemed sufficient?

Don't mod soccer lads, politics and even AH which I used to mod seem a pleasure compared to them. Would depend on context, often gets missed by posters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,481 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

This is great feedback.

Basically complaining about the Liverpool thread.

Going the same way as most SF threads by the usual people funningly enough

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

I guess the superthreads are a bit like supporters bars, they're naturally going to be a bit of an alien experience for supporters of other teams and like any new bar (I probably need a better analogy) it can take a bit of getting used to for a newcomer. I dunno maybe the regulars could be encouraged to be a bit more patient with newcommers or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

rarnes1 wrote: »
    This is great feedback.

Basically complaining about the Liverpool thread.

Going the same way as most SF threads by the usual people funningly enough

I can associate with that ;)

Because of the pure trolling in the "dedicated" thread, which I thought we agreed upon earlier in this thread in a roundabout way?

As for cliques, you'd be hard pushed to argue there's any less of a clique in the man united superthread. If the roles were reversed you would expect an equal haven in the man united superthread.

Anyone can come into the other superthreads and just join in the conversation, the Liverpool superthread is like one big meme generator, if you don't get it then it's just all gobbledygook.

I still don't get what you mean about the whole soccer forum being close to getting shut down???

gandalf wrote: »
    I can associate with that ;)

You're not part of the worst supporters of any sport, of any team, in the world though! Its better to take the piss out of crap like that.

Anyone can come into the other superthreads and just join in the conversation, the Liverpool superthread is like one big meme generator, if you don't get it then it's just all gobbledygook.

Nonsense. Plenty of non LFC fans post in the thread. Usually the people that don't get a good reception are the ones that trolled there in the past.

Can't believe it's come down to a "our superthread is better than your superthread" !!

I still don't get what you mean about the whole soccer forum being close to getting shut down???

Plenty of lurkers have commented since the open access they think its brilliant. Somebody got carded yesterday for going too far and breaking the rules. I'd agree the in jokes can go a bit too far at times, never when discussing Cissokho, he was all over the pitch the last day! Anyway how dare those opposition fans have fun.

Can't believe it's come down to a "our superthread is better than your superthread" !!

It hasn't, that's just the way you like to see things. I commented on a point made about the Liverpool thread, it's unreadable at times if you're not privy to the in-jokes that seem to just go on and on. I didn't specifically mention any other superthread. Selective reading on your part.

Nonsense. Plenty of non LFC fans post in the thread. Usually the people that don't get a good reception are the ones that trolled there in the past.

Both threads are similar, post constructively you'll get treated seriously and have a debate, act the dick and you wont last long. A couple of United fans posted in the last couple od days and not a bother. On the Suarez thread note, we couldn't have a dedicated Moyes thread last season which was unfair on United fan imo. Its a poty, because of a few muppets we can't have nice things.

It hasn't, that's just the way you like to see things. I commented on a point made about the Liverpool thread, it's unreadable at times if you're not privy to the in-jokes that seem to just go on and on. I didn't specifically mention any other superthread. Selective reading on your part.

In jokes on the Utd thread too I'd imagine and guess what, people don't care. You're making a big deal of people having a bit of fun. It's no big deal.

• Advertisement

In jokes on the Utd thread too I'd imagine

Not really, I'm not aware of them anyway. Forget it, I'm not going back and forward on this all night.

That Suarez thread is a cluster**** as I said it would be earlier on in this feedback thread. If we didn't have the freedom to discuss the matter in our superthread to vent as a "clique" then the "official suarez" thread would have become such a minefield that yellows and reds would have flown constantly. It would have become unmanageable for mods, with one side crying about cards and vice versa for posters....leading to feedback threads, dispute resolution threads, the lot.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

General comment: there are way too many soft and silly cards being handed out in the soccer forum these days. Making hard and fast rules which result in silly bannings is just a recipe for disaster.

That Suarez thread is a cluster**** as I said it would be earlier on in this feedback thread. If we didn't have the freedom to discuss the matter in our superthread to vent as a "clique" then the "official suarez" thread would have become such a minefield that yellows and reds would have flown constantly. It would have become unmanageable for mods, with one side crying about cards and vice versa for posters....leading to feedback threads, dispute resolution threads, the lot.

That doesn't really have anything to do with what I said to be fair. I never said anything shouldn't be discussed in the thread.

That doesn't really have anything to do with what I said to be fair. I never said anything shouldn't be discussed in the thread.

No but you had a dig about "clique" superthreads, I pointed out the benefits of them for the better of the wider forum.

No but you had a dig about "clique" superthreads, I pointed out the benefits of them for the better of the wider forum.

It doesn't benefit the forum because of a clique. It wasn't a dig either BTW.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Back and forward comments unrelated to the OP and not getting anywhere traditionally signals that a thread has run out of steam and nothing original will come from it. It seems we've reached that point with this one, so time to shut up shop on this one. Don't worry, I'm sure something else will happen during the WC to cause another one to start up.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement