Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Celestron PS1000 Newtonian Reflector Telescope

Options
  • 24-06-2014 11:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi,

What do you think of this telescope in Argos for a beginner? What can I see with this telescope and how well can I see with it?

"Ideal for terrestrial and astronomical use, the powerful Celestron Powerseeker 1000 has an optimum magnification of 277x and a potential for 833x; this high-spec reflector telescope lets you view the solar system like never before. Featuring high transmission optical coatings for enhanced image clarity and slow-motion controls for smooth tracking.

Optimum magnification 277x.
    Maximum magnification 833x.
    Full height tripod.
    German Equatorial Mount.
    Aluminium optical coatings.with a Newtonian Reflector optical design. Fully coated glass optical components with high transmission coatings for enhanced image brightness and clarity and slow motion controls for smooth tracking.
    Weight 7.7kg.
    Size H83.8, W43.2cm.
    Manufacturer's limited lifetime guarantee."

What will I be able to see with this telescope?

Kind regards

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭shedweller

Did they give the mirror diameter? That is as important as magnification figures. Too small a mirror will result in very dark images.
    Edit: here is a link that doesn't paint it in a very good light.

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20130426071516AAWZ9Lx

You'd get a better dobsonian for the same or slightly more money and are less likely to give up due to poor equipment. I tried one of those cheaper scopes and my heart was broke trying to see anything out of it! Best of luck with whatever you buy.

Advertisement