Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Which whey protein?

• 25-06-2014 3:00am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭

New to all this whey protein stuff, joined a gym a couple of months ago, but I feel I am not taking in enough protein as I am not seeing any change whats so ever
    Considering I am quite skinny I thought I would be able to notice even any little improvement but so far nothing what I expect

Must be my diet so I've decided to do a full circle and change my diet completely and add whey protein to it

So which whey protein lads? looking to buy in store tomorrow, hopefully the one in rathmines as its closer but can do the one in the ilac

they all look the same to me? some different flavours , but can't tell the difference
    they all say the same thing about been the best etc... but I can't pick
    is their one that stands out over here for most people or is their a popular one?

Also going on the creatine , same thing again not sure which one , any one stick out thats more popular?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,657 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

What's a typical day's food intake like? How many calories?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

roughly 2000-2500 cal a day
    although with work now, I do nightshift so the odd day that number could drop to 1500 I believe thats holding me back as I have not gained any weight or lost any weight in over 2 months

I am 80kg 6ft5

Would 2500 cal a day be enough or would I need more because of my height? I am quite skinny at the moment and looking to bulk out, I don't need to lose weight I need to gain it

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭yes there

You need to seriously up your calorie intake. I was weighing around the 70 mark and was consuming >3000.

If I was you I would buy online on myprotein or other retailers. More value for money. I would recommend total protein (whey and casein) starting of. You need to eat everything. I thonk the term is ectomorph, naturally high metabolism. Harder to put weight on but you have great definition and low BF.

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Getting your calories in is going to be more important than which protein you get. At your height and with your goals you should be aiming for 3250+ calories a day every day. Have a look at a calculator like this. Adjust the calories as you progress. 1kg / month would be a good target

As for whey you will get better quality and value online typically. Have a look at myprotein or similar. You can use "groupie15" for a discount there.

You should be doing a strength program with heavy compounds, squats, bench., deadlifts, chin ups etc. Get your calories in every day and train with intensity. You need to progressively overload, every time you go to the gym you should be doing more weight or more reps. If you dont do this you are wasting your time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

Whey varies vastly between products for a large number of reasons.

Creatine is more straightforward.

Price is not and never will be the arbituer of quality.

My main advice is if seeking whey then make sure it is just whey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Mick55

Tried a few different ones and the only one I like is ON (Optimum Nutrition ) Gold Standard in Double Choc flavor. Found others hard to stomach. €65 for a big tub.

51YgLpBPsDL._SY300_.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,510 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Mick55 wrote: »
    Tried a few different ones and the only one I like is ON (Optimum Nutrition ) Gold Standard in Double Choc flavor. Found others hard to stomach. €65 for a big tub.

51YgLpBPsDL._SY300_.jpg

How big is the big tub because if it is not 5kg then its poor value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65 ✭✭Squat Rack Curler

Myprotein impact whey and instant oats is tasty and great value

Advertisement