Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bray Cancer Support 5 Mile Film Trail Run: Sat June 28th 11am

Options
  • 25-06-2014 8:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,081 ✭✭✭

http://www.braycancersupport.ie/?p=3390

I'm lending a hand at this one.
    So if anyone is in the area and fancies a nice trot around Belmont Demesne and Kilruddery and you're not in the Phoenix Pk or helping Ross and Sorcha at a parkrun :P why not pop along.

100% of the profit goes to this self funded charity who do fantastic work in the local area.
    Course is a 2 lap affair, with a shorter 2nd lap, all on trail and grass, was up there the other evening and unless there's a deluge between now and Saturday regular road runners will suffice. Very runable with a few drags, but nothing that you would call hilly.
    Afterwards the Bray Gospel Choir will be belting out some busy tunes :cool: and there's a Hollywood themed post race BBQ.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,081 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Some logistics for anyone thinking of heading up:

NB: Do not enter through Killruddery Main Gates, follow the directions to Belmont Demesne below.

Directions to Belmont Demesne:

From M50 (Southbound)
    1. Continue along the M50 southbound, which becomes the N11 southbound for Wexford
    2. Take Exit 7 for Bray South.
    3. At the roundabout take the third exit.
    4. Then take the 2nd exit off the next roundabout, continue along the Southern Cross Road until you reach the next roundabout, take the 2nd exit right.
    5. Continue along the Greystones Road (R751) and take the right turn for Belmont before you reach the top of the hill at Windgates. Continue along this road for about 1km and turn right into Belmont Demesne.

Car Parking:

There is free car parking beside the start/finish area. Please car pool if possible and use public transport. The no. 84 bus runs from Dublin and there is a bus stop at Windgates on Greystones Road, Belmont Demense is about 1km from the bus stop.

Changing & Toilet Facilities:
    There are separate male and female changing facilities as well as toilet facilities.

Bag Drop:
    There is a secure area for you to leave your bags while you take part in the race.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭DogSlySmile

Damn! Just missed the online entry! :mad:

Damn! Just missed the online entry! :mad:

They'll be taking entries in the morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭DogSlySmile

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    They'll be taking entries in the morning

Race starts at 11. I was thinking of running there, doing the race and running home. What time would be the latest to get there and get signed up etc?

Race starts at 11. I was thinking of running there, doing the race and running home. What time would be the latest to get there and get signed up etc?

I'll get something sorted for you, just come find me near the start area before the race - sending my number on PM

• Advertisement
Advertisement