Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

457 Visa help....Please!!

Options
  • 25-06-2014 8:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭

So I have decided to apply my 457 visa without the help of a agent. I'm trying to get as much help as possible without actually paying for it (from you guys and another forum) so any help is appreciated and may actually save somebody else reading this a few dollars too.

My main reason for wanting to do it alone is that my employer decided to do all his parts alone and I couldn't justify paying over 2k just for filling out my own forms (maybe I'll regret it, who knows)

I'll keep this thread updated so other people might get a idea of the whole process.

Right, so my employer applied to become a sponsor a few weeks back as he never had sponsored anyone before, this got approved a few days ago.

He wants to lodge the nomination this weekend and he's taking care of this himself..

On my part, the very first question on the Visa is....

For applications relating to a standard business visa please enter one of the following..

Sponsorship transaction reference number (trn)

Business sponsorship agreement num..

Where do I find my TRN? I'm guessing this is completely different than my employers TRN..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

Sponsorship application transaction reference number is the TRN for the Standard Business Sponsorship application, and you only provide this if the SBS hasn't been approved yet. You need to fill in the box below that which is Sponsorship Agreement Number which is the sponsorship ID number.

You may need to ask your employer for this information.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭top madra

mandrake04 wrote: »
    Sponsorship application transaction reference number is the TRN for the Standard Business Sponsorship application, and you only provide this if the SBS hasn't been approved yet. You need to fill in the box below that which is Sponsorship Agreement Number which is the sponsorship ID number.

You may need to ask your employer for this information.

He has sent me the email they sent him...

On it is his,

Application ID 0000000000

Sponsorship trn 0000000000

Is it one of these or something completely different?

When he resistered as an SBS employer did he do it online? If so they would have provided a Ref no. (This would have been a few weeks ago when he applied)

Tell him to check emails and enter the Ref no in the first box

mandrake04 wrote: »
    When he resistered as an SBS employer did he do it online? If so they would have provided a Ref no. (This would have been a few weeks ago when he applied)

Tell him to check emails and enter the Ref no in the first box

Ya he did it online, well his Mrs did..

She texted me today and said the TRN I was looking for is XXXXXXXXX

Which is the same sponsorship TRN number that is on email they received to say they were eligible to sponsor, is this the one I'm looking for?

top madra wrote: »
    Ya he did it online, well his Mrs did..

She texted me today and said the TRN I was looking for is XXXXXXXXX

Which is the same sponsorship TRN number that is on email they received to say they were eligible to sponsor, is this the one I'm looking for?

Well it's the only link to your employer so yes, even if it's wrong they will contact you and you can explain. Immigration are not out to get you if you make a genuine mistake, but are merciless when it comes to fraud.

Your employers details should be good enough.

• Advertisement

Cool, I have more questions!

In the next part it says 'proposed period of stay for this application' and it gives you options of 1 to 48 months..

My employers email says he can sponsor from June 14 - June 17 which is 36 months, does this mean I can only pick 1 to 36 months or can I choose 48 anyhow?

Also the application withdraw bit, it says if you withdraw your application do you want a refund.....

I think ya obviously, I'm guessing this doesn't matter but its just personnel preference?

These might be stupid questions, but I'm just double checking everything!

One other question...

It asking me for my current Visa Number..

A friend of mine reckoned it was just 417, I entered this and it's saying it's not valid..

I have the email from when my Visa was granted but I cant see any number fro apart from one 'Visa grant num' but this doesn't fit in the box..

Any ideas?

One other question...

It asking me for my current Visa Number..

A friend of mine reckoned it was just 417, I entered this and it's saying it's not valid..

I have the email from when my Visa was granted but I cant see any number fro apart from one 'Visa grant num' but this doesn't fit in the box..

Any ideas?

Anybody know????

After spending over a hour waiting to talk to IMMI and then been given the wrong number, I'm currently on hold for 41 mins and counting..

I thought more people on here would know about these Visa's!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

Anybody know????

After spending over a hour waiting to talk to IMMI and then been given the wrong number, I'm currently on hold for 41 mins and counting..

I thought more people on here would know about these Visa's!

This doesnt really help but I couldn't find this info on any correspondence with IMMI either. I could find the Grant numbers but not the Visa numbers like yourself.

I'm getting an agent to do mine as I dont have to pay for it so if they come back with any info re visa numbers Ill get back to you.

This doesnt really help but I couldn't find this info on any correspondence with IMMI either. I could find the Grant numbers but not the Visa numbers like yourself.

I'm getting an agent to do mine as I dont have to pay for it so if they come back with any info re visa numbers Ill get back to you.

I just got back on to IMMI, you just leave it blank because there are too many digits.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭ArseBurger

This is why people pay immigration agents to do it for them.

ArseBurger wrote: »
    This is why people pay immigration agents to do it for them.

Thanks for the input!

Next question...

It's asking me for my education amongst other things..
    But for the education part, I never went to college as I started a apprenticeship after secondary school..

Do I just put in primary and secondary school, junior and leaving cert etc.,

Do I have to tell them what I got in either tests or provide them with copies of results?

Advertisement