Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAMSAT 2014, UK sitting: Discussion Board

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Yuri

Mccloskc wrote: »
    When do the offers come out do you know?

The offers for the Irish universities don't come out until mid-August 2015 with the Leaving Certificate results because it's done through the CAO system. I'm not entirely sure about the UK ones, will need to check that out myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭loopylulu

omg I got 59. I'm actually in shock here!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Durf

loopylulu wrote: »
    omg I got 59. I'm actually in shock here!

Congratz, Loopylulu

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭loopylulu

Thanks Durf, it was your motivational PM's that made me go and sit the test!!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Durf

loopylulu wrote: »
    Thanks Durf, it was your motivational PM's that made me go and sit the test!!

Well, I am very happy for you. It is a great achievement all considered!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 614 ✭✭✭beardedmaster

Yuri wrote: »
    The offers for the Irish universities don't come out until mid-August 2015 with the Leaving Certificate results because it's done through the CAO system. I'm not entirely sure about the UK ones, will need to check that out myself.

GEM CAO offers this year were out the 31st of July this year. Leaving Cert CAO offers are out 17th-18th August.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Ballet17

Well done everyone who is happy with their results today!! Got 58, absolutely delighted! it was my second attempt and from a non-science background :) Anyone who is disappointed this time I know exactly how you're feeling I was there myself earlier this year, don't give up!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Mccloskc

Anyone here on the edge like myself? Got 53... Just two more marks and I'd be laughing. Well done everyone. What do people think about this years cut off? Do we reckon there will be any movement?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Mccloskc

Also when are the official cut off points announced? I presume after the March exam?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Meg_Med_2013

Mccloskc wrote: »
    Anyone here on the edge like myself? Got 53... Just two more marks and I'd be laughing. Well done everyone. What do people think about this years cut off? Do we reckon there will be any movement?

I am in a similar boat I guess - this was my first attempt from a non science background and got a 54. I am in my final year now so have quite an intensive work load...I am considering resitting in March but don't know what would be wisest. I would be delighted to get into Limerick but am unsure of if the scores will move much.

What are you thinking yourself - do you think you will resit? Are you still in college?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 EM1308

Could someone who sat the 2013 Ireland Gamsat please post the percentile curve? I'm trying to work out what the cut-off scores might be next year. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 16 EM1308

Ballet17 wrote: »
    Well done everyone who is happy with their results today!! Got 58, absolutely delighted! it was my second attempt and from a non-science background :) Anyone who is disappointed this time I know exactly how you're feeling I was there myself earlier this year, don't give up!! :)

Where are you hoping to get into? I got 58 too but not sure whether or not to repeat to be sure to get one of the Dublin colleges

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Ballet17

EM1308 wrote: »
    Where are you hoping to get into? I got 58 too but not sure whether or not to repeat to be sure to get one of the Dublin colleges

Hey! UL is my first choice, I have to stay in Limerick but would be more than happy to study there! :) I know I should be ok but can't help worrying about worst case scenarios, suppose because it's still so far away there's lots of time to think! I'd say you should be fine for rcsi/ucd! The points actually dropped last year I think? so can't see them raising much if at all! But I guess it's just what you feel comfortable doing yourself.. I wonder if you rang the colleges would they be able to give you any idea?

Advertisement