Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Renault Zoe, one year on.

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Dexter1979

You got it already ? :D

Should get it on the 4th of October. Black Intens with armrest. Would have it sooner but will be going on a 2 week driving holiday to my parents in Holland. Need more planning for that trip in a Zoe :)

Dexter1979 wrote: »
    Should get it on the 4th of October. Black Intens with armrest. Would have it sooner but will be going on a 2 week driving holiday to my parents in Holland. Need more planning for that trip in a Zoe :)

Great stuff! Though at that rate you may add well get it in January and have a 151 reg!

Great stuff! Though at that rate you may add well get it in January and have a 151 reg!
    As I've said before to people that would be 3 months of fun I would be missing out on. No thanks.

It took a month of planning and plotting to get the finance but I got a unregistered dealer allocation with 1k demo discount. Thought that was nice. It won't have the darker dashboard but I'm ok with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭reboot

I bought ablack fold out sun screen last year in Lidl and just set it over the top of the dash. I had a spare one which I put in a dealers Zoe,I was demonstrating the BCI fault on both Zoes.Blow me if he didn't sell the Zoe with my sun screen!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,946 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

reboot wrote: »
    I bought ablack fold out sun screen last year in Lidl and just set it over the top of the dash. I had a spare one which I put in a dealers Zoe,I was demonstrating the BCI fault on both Zoes.Blow me if he didn't sell the Zoe with my sun screen!
    Whats a BCI fault? What are the sun screens for?

• Advertisement

Thargor wrote: »
    Whats a BCI fault? What are the sun screens for?

BCI =Battery Charge Impossible. I think it's an error the Zoe gives when it's not happy with the charger you connected to.

Sunscreens are to minimise the reflection of the dashboard in the front window potentially blinding the driver. It's a good DIY solution but I think I will get polarised sunglasses instead.

BCI =Battery Charge Impossible. I think it's an error the Zoe gives when it's not happy with the charger you connected to.

Sunscreens are to minimise the reflection of the dashboard in the front window potentially blinding the driver. It's a good DIY solution but I think I will get polarised sunglasses instead.

Quite so as you say,Renault seem to have eventually listened regarding the Reflection problem, am not sure about relaying on Sunglasses in depth of winter though,and as you know the new Zoes have a black dash top so less reflection.It was originally supposed to represent a wind turbine blade,designers? I have my own list of "Not Spots" up North where no charge has even been obtainable from Standard Street Charge points,22KW, these include Kilkeel , Newcastle, and Newry, I meet people and shop in Areas where I may get a charge with less chance of ICE.
    The following observation may be of slight interest.
    I tootle around the country at about 45/50Mph, and observe the following "Direct Consumption" on the dash read out,the only one I eventually switch on after the novelty of the rest faded.
    The readings appear to vary between -10 Kw (Regen) motor is turning into a generator,and charging,even at 50mph down a slight downhill, and 20Kw along a flat surface.Occasionally when I drift off, very quiet car, and am presented with a very steep hill the reading may soar to 40Kw.
    So I guess where I am going with this is the Zoe ,may be charging at very roughly 20 Amps, ( 10k assuming 400v?) and normally ,20kw (40 Amps). A man will be along shortly, not happy with "Amps Man Amps", but I like to think of the fuel as amps, with Kw you need to know the Volts as well of course,ie home at 230 or street at 415 and divide the Kw by the voltage Bla Bla.
    I have found some of these dash board/tablet reading not very reliable but the above are simply my thoughts as I go along.
    Another odd thing that has happened is that as I play Podcasts from the phone via a mini jack into the line in, if the bluetooth is switched on in the phone ,the audio on the radio is cut?

As I've said before to people that would be 3 months of fun I would be missing out on. No thanks.

It took a month of planning and plotting to get the finance but I got a unregistered dealer allocation with 1k demo discount. Thought that was nice. It won't have the darker dashboard but I'm ok with that.

Think I had to go for Intens in order to get bigger wheels?

Lutecia wrote: »
    As per SIMI, 5 Zoe have been registered so far in Ireland : 1 in May, 3 in July, 1 in August.

Are folk including N.Ireland?
    I know Bells of Crossgar ,very small Co.Down dealership have sold 3 or 4.

I know of 1 Zoe that has been sold. To me. The quote you used in your last post is one of the main reasons I bought one. I have lots of 22kW points in North Kerry. Just 2 chademo. Zoe is much more versatile. Will be making episode 2 of my electric journey soon.

I know of one person that is thinking about getting one.

I also find the 32Amp ,(there he goes again), home charger,230V ,is great for a top up,and with the half price electricity offer up here,(between 1am and 9am),forget solar panels.
    Also almost any old lamp post ,may provide the supply, less the monitoring of course.at a fraction of the cost,maybe 1/50 of the price of a rapid battery cooking CP.?

• Advertisement
Advertisement