Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Name your favourite craft beers

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,485 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

BeerNut wrote: »
    By selling beer for more than it costs them to make it.
    Smartass! But there seems so many breweries that there must be serious sales to even make a living for the owner/brewer.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,838 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

TheDriver wrote: »
    But there seems so many breweries that there must be serious sales to even make a living for the owner/brewer.
    What sort of cost of production and margin figures are you using to calculate that?

And we have hardly any breweries in this country. It's not even one per county at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,554 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Try virtually anything I see, to the point that I've occasionally done the bottle bank run and had no memory of buying let alone consuming something. Has to be exceptional or crap to really stand out in my mind although what I think of exceptional might not be agreed with much.

Repeat purchases are Rustbucket by Kinnegar, Deception by Trouble and Buried at Sea from GBB. However I'd probably say 8 Degrees are my favourite brewery due to never having messed anything (I've tried) up. Also quite like Kellys from Clane's new lager if I want something a bit less complex and its on tap locally.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Heat sink by metalman

Advertisement