Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Zidane new Real Madrid Castilla manager

• 25-06-2014 9:57am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭

http://www.realmadrid.com/en/news/2014/06/zidane-to-manage-castilla-in-the-2014/2015-season
    Zinedine Zidane will manage Castilla next season. Zizou, who was Carlo Ancelotti’s first squad assistant coach this year, will start a new stage of his career at Real Madrid. Zidane will be joined by youth coach Santiago Sánchez and has already started working on future plans for the reserve team squad.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

That sounds like a bit of a demotion or at least just a sideways move.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

greendom wrote: »

I'd call it more progression in his career. He now has a chance to implement his own ideas/tactics/style etc than he would have as an assistant coach.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

I'd call it more progression in his career. He now has a chance to implement his own ideas/tactics/style etc than he would have as an assistant coach.

I suppose it puts in place a career path for him to take over from Ancellotti, even though he'll be managing at a much less pressured level

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

I'd agree that it's a progression rather than a demotion, allowing him to implement his own ideas, tactics and style without the pressure of a first-team role - but with competitive football.

Carlo won't stick around forever - it's just not his M.O., and I say that as a Chelsea fan who wishes he was still managing us. This allows Zidane, his potential successor, to cut his teeth as part of the organisation without being a lightning rod in the dugout for press speculation. Also, Zidane will be working with some of the young players that the club (presumably) hope will be stepping up to the first team when he's taking charge.

From the outside, it seems like an uncharacteristic example of intelligent long-term planning.

I suppose it puts in place a career path for him to take over from Ancellotti, even though he'll be managing at a much less pressured level
    geeky wrote: »
    I'd agree that it's a progression rather than a demotion, allowing him to implement his own ideas, tactics and style without the pressure of a first-team role - but with competitive football.

Carlo won't stick around forever - it's just not his M.O., and I say that as a Chelsea fan who wishes he was still managing us. This allows Zidane, his potential successor, to cut his teeth as part of the organisation without being a lightning rod in the dugout for press speculation. Also, Zidane will be working with some of the young players that the club (presumably) hope will be stepping up to the first team when he's taking charge.

From the outside, it seems like an uncharacteristic example of intelligent long-term planning.

Akin to Barcelona hiring Luis Enrique who had experience with Barcelona B, Roma and Celta Vigo before taking the top job at Barca perhaps?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Its a big promotion.
    He was little more than a glorified kit man under Ancelotti ,he had very little input.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 john moloney

I think it is a great move from Madrid with looking to the future with the obvious assumption that zidane will take over from Ancelotti. I think he would have a lot to give the young guns and he could oversee a lot of young talent and graft them into world stars including his son!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

Akin to Barcelona hiring Luis Enrique who had experience with Barcelona B, Roma and Celta Vigo before taking the top job at Barca perhaps?

Well I was tempted to say they were taking a leaf out of barca's book! But the Germans adopted a similar approach grooming Loew for his current role

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,981 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Weird to see him do this. He seemed to want to be a top man in FIFA for a while and now seems to have totally given up on that idea and wants to coach instead or maybe his goal is to end up as President of the club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Maybe he's waiting til FIFA cleans up a little

• Advertisement
Advertisement