Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

meteor report to the icb?

Options
  • 25-06-2014 10:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭

Hi does an unpaid meteor bill affect ur credit rati g with the icb?
    Ive heard they dont just want to confirm this please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

It can't, unless they get a judgement against you, and then register the judgement.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Paulw is correct. Your phone bill is not recorded with the ICB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Ray Mond

maximoose wrote: »
    Paulw is correct. Your phone bill is not recorded with the ICB.

Ok cos i was ripped off by them and they wont cancel my contract so am just gonna cancel my direct debit with them and await debt collector letters but was just wondering. So basically if i just stop paying it wont affect my credit rati g is that right ?
    Cheers guys

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Ray Mond wrote: »
    Ok cos i was ripped off by them and they wont cancel my contract so am just gonna cancel my direct debit with them and await debt collector letters but was just wondering. So basically if i just stop paying it wont affect my credit rati g is that right ?
    Cheers guys

Well, if you stop payments then this might show up in the future as an unpaid debt, but they don't report missed or late payments to the account.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Ray Mond wrote: »
    Cheers guys

Cancelling your direct debit does not mean that you are cancelling your contract. You are leaving yourself liable to outstanding debt and potential legal action. If taken to court and a judgement is registered against you, this COULD impact your credit rating

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Even if it didn't affect your ICB credit rating that doesn't ensure there won't be consequences. There are other credit bureaux such as Experian which other mobile companies may be open to use, I expect you'll find a clause in your contract with Meteor which allows them to share your details with other agencies for credit rating.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

The ICB doesn't track judgements but other credit reference agencies like Experian and Stubbs Gazette (Business Pro) do. You would be much better off dealing with Meteor as if they register a judgement against you it will could adversely affect your ability to get any sort of credit for a few years including a bank overdraft or mortgage and credit/debit cards and store cards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement