Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Luis Suarez - Mod Note Post #1, #585 and #602

• 25-06-2014 10:24am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭

Right, for the interest of disclosure, I dont think this thread will last long, I fully expect it to be closed after we get a sh*t storm over various Suarez incidents.

Anyway, dicuss and try not to abuse Suarez, Liverpool, Utd, etc and this thread will stay open, treat this as the place to discuss all things Suarez, given the nature of yesterdays game no doubt the 3rd biting incident will be the main topic.

Usual forum rules apply.

==========

Follow Up - Post #585

As a quick warning, there's a lot of personal sniping taking place at the moment (especially over the last hour), and a lot of "United vs Liverpool" stuff that's verging massively off topic (Comparisons are fine, if the context is discussing and counter-discussing posts, but attacking the posters and name calling are not).

This thread was already hanging on a thread, and if it's not taken back on thread quickly and permanently, I'll be closing it off until there's an actual development in the story at hand. The mods were very reluctant to even start this thread for fear of certain groups using it to just go fishing, and it's not going unnoticed that's exactly what is starting to happen as people approach the line they shouldn't cross.

No more attacking posters. If you've got a point to make, make it, but personal sniping is not going to be tolerated.

Mod warning post 585

Mod warning Post 602

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Lovely chap.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

flawed genius

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

I hope his eye is okay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,103 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Maradona of his day! Genius but a nutter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

He likes to bite people when he gets angry. Guy needs help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

A lovable player who likes to give other players love bites.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Clearly has mental problems, should be forced to under go counselling for them as part of any punishment, at his own expense also. Don't see why anyone else should have to pay for it for a millionaire.

Cracking player other then his huge flaws

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,587 ✭✭✭weisses

If found guilty by FIFA he could face a 24 month Ban, and giving its his third offence I don't think he will get away with it.

World cup is over for him I'm afraid ( and rightly so in my opinion )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Taken from the other thread

I wonder if Uruguay fans/media will turn on him if he does get banned for the rest of the tournament.

Anybody know how their media are responding to the charge announced today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

I hope his eye is okay.

And his teeth. They looked sore yesterday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

He should be banned from football IMO.
    Biting players on 3 accounts?? Is he not all there or something?
    He was given a 3rd chance to kop ( see what I did there) on and he does it again. Bang out of order and he deserves to be proper punished now. And I'm not saying that as a utd fan but come on how many more chances could someone get.
    Great player don't get me wrong but this is out of order. Ban him or muzzle him. One or other

Let me try this to keep in tone with the Liverpool users posts, just taking the opposite angle naturally

A disgrace to the game and should never be allowed step foot on the pitch again, he doesn't care about football or winning only about hurting others

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

sure cantona giggs and keane were all worse than saint luis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Something not right with him but Liverpool seem to have managed to get him the mental help that he needs, something that I think Uruguay failed to do. Most teams have fantastic physios and doctors to look after their player's physical well being, do they have similar set ups for their mental well being I wonder?

Personally I'd say its a given that his world cup is over, the main question is if it will affect his club season. This has the potential to get quite messy.

RasTa wrote: »

I wonder if Uruguay fans/media will turn on him if he does get banned for the rest of the tournament.

Playing the victim card, saying he is the victim of a British media witch hunt, blaming them for the charge

They wouldn't be in the second round if it wasn't for him so I doubt it, not to mention his performances in the last world cup and Copa America.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,951 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

phdzcy.gif

Can't be any argument after that really. You see his mouth open as he leans in and then he tries to get a better grip on the guy's shoulder.

After 3 times - and the crazy statement he made after - it's just inexcusable and a ban should follow

(Said as a Liverpool fan)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭Leftist

he likes to play the victim. Don't think he's retarded, but incidents like his club excusing him even after he was found guilty of racial abuse, have only galvanised his victim mentality.

8 month ban from all comps imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Why is mostly utd fans that are so upset about this. The same 3 or 4 posters posting through the night. Why so much anger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Suarez is misunderstood.

• Advertisement

They wouldn't be in the second round if it wasn't for him so I doubt it, not to mention his performances in the last world cup and Copa America.

Well doesn't sound like he will change anytime soon if that is the reaction.

Some people might think it unfair to ban him from club football along with the international team but there is the chance that FIFA might just say they need to protect the rest of the players on the pitch from a guy who clearly has mental issues and shows no sign of learning from his mistakes.

Here's hoping anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

He should be banned from football IMO.
    Biting players on 3 accounts?? Is he not all there or something?
    Hang on. Biting is obviously deeply weird but it's not as if he's going around shooting people or breaking legs. There are far more dangerous offences that you can commit on the pitch. For all of Suarez's nibbling, he's far less dangerous to opposition players than, say, a Ryan Shawcross.

Obviously punishment is needed but calling for a lifetime ban or the book to be thrown at him is, IMO, just hysteria.

niallo27 wrote: »
    Why is mostly utd fans that are so upset about this. The same 3 or 4 posters posting through the night. Why so much anger.

Why is it mostly Liverpool fans trying to downplay it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

I'd love to know what MagicIRL makes of all this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

And here comes the same old Utd-Liverpool nonsense. Well, we'll always have the first page of the thread to look back on fondly.

Well doesn't sound like he will change anytime soon if that is the reaction.

Why wouldn't that be there reaction? He's done far far more good for his country than bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

I'm not going to bite...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

it was a major incident at the world cup.. nothing to do with being a united fan now stop before you start handing out conspiracy stuff like united fans on boards all night in a show of strength to fifa and get suarez the max ban... ;)

He is a liverpool player. What do you expect. He has nothing to do with utd but from 5 utd posters we have a total of 187 posts in half a day about him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

George Best had his drink, Diego Maradona had his cocaine, Louis Suarez has his cannibalism. Great players always have a flaw.

Be grand though.

article-2312979-196D9253000005DC-574_634x334.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I dispise him too.

Greatest player in the EPL and probably the only player that can match Messi and Ronaldo on their day but going back to the Ivanovic incident I was hoping that Ivanovic would have turned around and kicked him up and down Anfield, what made it worse is he went on to score an equaliser in stoppage time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Tom.D.BJJ

Timeline of major events.

20/11/2010 Ajax v PSV -> Bites PSV's Otman Bakkal. 7 game ban

15/10/2011 Man Utd v Liverpool -> Racial abuses Man Utd's Patrice Evra. 8 game ban

21/04/2013 Chelsea v Liverpool -> Bites Chelsea's Branislav Ivanovic. 10 game ban

24/06/2014 Uruguay v Italy -> Bites Italy's Giorgio Chiellini

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

If he was a dog, he would be put down long before now.

• Advertisement

Reekwind wrote: »
    And here comes the same old Utd-Liverpool nonsense. Well, we'll always have the first page of the thread to look back on fondly.

Like it was going to be any other way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

I'd love to know what MagicIRL makes of all this.

Work PC froze. Disaster insued. No one made it out alive.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

cournioni wrote: »

Emmm but he is not a dog.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

He's obviously got some issues, this is the third time and he's has been well punished for previous issues. This has obviously taught him nothing. Something else needs to be tried as biting is not normal and usually something that only a small child might do.

Great footballer and will obviously get a long ban but Liverpool/Uruguay should be looking at other options to help the lad out. Would be a shame to see his career remembered for the wrong reasons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

Agueroooo wrote: »
    Emmm but he is not a dog.

Have you tested him to be sure?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,587 ✭✭✭weisses

Reekwind wrote: »
    Hang on. Biting is obviously deeply weird but it's not as if he's going around shooting people or breaking legs. There are far more dangerous offences that you can commit on the pitch.

Who is the last player that got shot on the Pitch ?? :confused:

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I dispise him too.

Greatest player in the EPL and probably the only player that can match Messi and Ronaldo on their day but going back to the Ivanovic incident I was hoping that Ivanovic would have turned around and kicked him up and down Anfield, what made it worse is he went on to score an equaliser in stoppage time.

That's fair enough but you don't feel the need to tell every third post how bad he is. Hardly any Liverpool fans are condoning what he did, it's just a lot of people are carrying on like he killed someone. We know he deserves a lengthy ban.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

Why oh why do UTD fans feel the need to post when all they are doing is really hoping he gets a two year ban from all football.

Over the years they have had their fare share of controversy. Keane, trying to end a player's career, Cantona, attacking a spectator, Ferdinand, dodiging a drug test to avoid a longer ban.

We all have had nut jobs at our clubs, look at mine Joey Barton FFS!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

He is one of the best players in the world.

As said above, the only player in the world who, on his day, can match Messi and Ronaldo.

He also happens to be absolutely insane as evidenced by this and his previous biting incidents. He clearly needs professional help.

He should be sent home from the world cup and get a decent sized ban from international football. Anything more is nonsense hyperbole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Really, really hope he doesn't leave the PL or get too lengthy a ban. What he did was despicable but he's still great to watch. Mad as a bag of spiders, you never know what he'll do next. I only watched LFC games last year because of Suarez and I'm pretty sure many neutrals are the same. Ditching him would hurt the PL and his club.

To be frank I'm quite surprised at the outrage by some Liverpool fans. I don't use football players as my moral compass nor should anyone else. If he can do it on the pitch he should be allowed to stay.

Why wouldn't that be there reaction? He's done far far more good for his country than bad.

This sounds like your own opinion, I'm looking to hear that of Uruguayan's like below.
    Public opinion in Uruguay, meanwhile, was divided. “We needed to win, so if you have to hit you hit, if you have to bite you bite,” said Barbara Giordano, a 26-year-old law student in Montevideo.

Some, though, were furious. “This kid can’t control his biting and attacking issues,” said Luis Lara, a 52-year-old shopkeeper. “That makes all of us Uruguayans look bad.”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Gav has created a monster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

cournioni wrote: »

Thanks for that real solid contribution :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Continuing from other thread...
    glued wrote: »
    The guy he kicked is a man of dozens of previous convictions including assaulting someone in front of 20+ children.

Matthew Simmons ran down 11 rows from where he was sitting to confront Cantona after Cantona got sent off to tell him to 'F*ck off back to France' and that he was 'a French Bastard'. This is a guy who is linked strongly to neo-nazis.

Let's stop pretending he kicked Mother Theresa.

I suppose Cantona, being the good vigilante that he was, had Simmons criminal file on hand and was doing the World a favour, really.

They're both inexcusably mental. Unstable. And brilliant. And because of the latter, they make hypocrites out of us all.

If either were half the player, 90% of both fanbases would have wanted them shipped off home and never associated with the Club again. And the Clubs would do it too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭Ranchu

A ban from football for a period of time is warranted here. It would be unfair on other professionals to let him loose on a pitch where he is an obvious danger. Let the psychiatrists decide when he is fit to return.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement