Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Luis Suarez - Mod Note Post #1, #585 and #602

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,475 ✭✭✭drkpower

rok wrote: »
    Cheers for that slow mo video.
    The forward+down head motion of Suarez are consistent with a biting action, however is the onus on FIFA to prove a bite?
    A camera from the other side of the pitch would catch it better, I'd imagine it'd show teeth and would be conclusive.

The Ivanovic incident has pictures from at least 2 angles.
    Is anyone else amazed there isn't more than 1 camera angle or even still pictures from a photographer? this is the World Cup ffs.

While I think he bit (or tried to bite) Chiellini my point is that the video evidence from that angle isn't 100% conclusive and it might allow wiggle room for Uruguay and Suarez.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/players/luis-suarez/10924994/Luis-Suarez-Uruguay-players-and-media-hit-out-at-hypocritical-English-and-Giorgio-Chiellini-over-bite.html
    Uruguayan reaction has included a number of excuses used in defence of Suarez, including:
    - Suarez's mouth inadvertently fell into Chiellini's shoulder / Chiellini thrust his shoulder into Suarez.
    --> see they might use the "he ran into my fist" excuse :)

There's probably enough wiggle room available there if FIFA really want to avoid the ban. But with all the sh!t facing FIFA, they may not want to add this to the pile.

Anyone know ehether Uruguay/Suarez can delay the ban by appealing to court of arbitration for sport or does the ban apply while appeal is being pursued?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

Ive seen people saying he should be banned from football, get a two year ban etc.

Now Im not in anyways defending him but some of this is way OTT.

If I am playing in a football match and an opponent does one of the following:

1. Tries to break my leg/seriously injure me/end a career

2. Spits at me

3. Bites me

Of the above three, the two that would really make my blood boil and I would definitely retaliate to are options 1 and 2.

If another player tried to bite me, I would be like what the **** is wrong with you.

These outcries of people wanting him banned for life are blinded by hatred for the fella. Again, Im not defending him, he is an idiot to have done this a third time and on the worlds biggest stage. But there are worse things done on a football pitch than this.

As one of the first posts in this thread said, he is a flawed genius.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

Fine him 10,000 and let's get on with the WC.

Fine him 1/25 of his weekly wages, yeah that makes sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

888poker ✔ @888poker
    Follow
    Following recent allegations made against Luis Suárez, we are reviewing our relationship with him. We will not tolerate unsporting behavior.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

The Mig wrote: »
    If he did it in a Liverpool jersey, yes i would be raging. He can do whatever he likes in a Uruguay jersey. Tell your mates to adopt the same stance :)

but he has done it in a pool jersey...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,281 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

joe123 wrote: »
    Ive seen people saying he should be banned from football, get a two year ban etc.

Now Im not in anyways defending him but some of this is way OTT.

If I am playing in a football match and an opponent does one of the following:

1. Tries to break my leg/seriously injure me/end a career

2. Spits at me

3. Bites me

Of the above three, the two that would really make my blood boil and I would definitely retaliate to are options 1 and 2.

If another player tried to bite me, I would be like what the **** is wrong with you.

These outcries of people wanting him banned for life are blinded by hatred for the fella. Again, Im not defending him, he is an idiot to have done this a third time and on the worlds biggest stage. But there are worse things done on a football pitch than this.

As one of the first posts in this thread said, he is a flawed genius.
    Very fair post. None of the other hyperbole and nonsense of the few zealots campaigning for his stoning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭EvanCornwallis

Fine him 1/25 of his weekly wages, yeah that makes sense.

and 8 hours community service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

BMMachine wrote: »
    hilarious

Thanks a million, your appreciation is all I crave.

Yours alone btw, don't care what anybody else thinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

...and served the ban for that

This incident was in a Uruguay jersey so a Liverpool fan shouldn't necessarily give a shít until his behaviour affects the club.

That is of course unless your buddies happen to be Uruguay supporters also, in which case fair enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

zerks wrote: »
    888poker ✔ @888poker
    Follow

LOL, his behavior didn't stop them getting into bed with him in the first place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

5live wrote: »
    Oh grand. Good to know that anyone can diagnose mental health issues without any training in the field.

Can they solve these issues also?

It must be a right kick in the nuts for those spending years at college and in clinical situations and further training and conferences that any Joe Soap can do what they do without even meeting the patient. :)

You are misquoting me. I clearly said that it takes a professional to diagnose a mental health illness.

Any decent manager can tell when someone has a mental health issue. A low level of understanding needed to do that. As I said it may well be something minor or something deeper. A manager has no way of knowing, that is for the professionals to decide.

On Suarez, all I am saying is that he needs professional help given his record of repeated offences while in employment and shouldn't be let back to his job until his employer has been advised by a mental health professional that he is fit to resume duty.

If you don't understand that, you don't understand health at work issues at all.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Yes. And I was raging when he did it because a big ban was coming his way preventing him for playing for Liverpool. What happened yesterday, I couldn't give a monkeys about because it didn't happen in a Liverpool jersey again!

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭derm0j073

drkpower wrote: »

Anyone know ehether Uruguay/Suarez can delay the ban by appealing to court of arbitration for sport or does the ban apply while appeal is being pursued?
    If the ban is less than 2 months or 3 games a player can't appeal it . I grab a link if I get a minute .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

Moralising from a bookies! I've heard it all.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

yes and we raged.

Im happy hes probably not going to play anymore in this world cup. Transfer speculation will happen as per usual as, shock of shocks, newspaper companies need to sell newspapers but keep that one under your hat or people will have nothing to talk about :)

he is a complete idiot though. what the hell goes through his head when these things happen is beyond me. my complete lack of surprise at this is the worst thing about it. I think for the past year Liverpool have had him wrapped in cotton wool as regards whos around him and how he acts. a few weeks with the Uruguay camp and that all goes to pot and he starts biting people for no reason again.

as for the whole "people want him out of the club blablablabla" thing. nah, entitled 90s kid man utd. fans want him out because, shock of shocks, they crave mental victories and this whole incident is another way for them to tick up those all important wins in their head :) reality and facts have no purchase in that world - case in point: "Thanks a million, your appreciation is all I crave. Yours alone btw, don't care what anybody else thinks."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Guessing nobody has had their kid biting them as you don't shrug it off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭EvanCornwallis

zerks wrote: »
    888poker ✔ @888poker
    Follow

Got to love the phony morals BS.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Never ever let an opportunity of world wide marketing exposure pass you by.

888 :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

RasTa wrote: »
    Guessing nobody has had their kid biting them as you don't shrug it off.

Why do you keep going on about it. We know it was wrong. We know his bonkers.

• Advertisement

x43r0 wrote: »
    ...and served the ban for that

This incident was in a Uruguay jersey so a Liverpool fan shouldn't necessarily give a shít until his behaviour affects the club.

That is of course unless your buddies happen to be Uruguay supporters also, in which case fair enough

no surprisingly they are irish so no ties to uruguay. jaysus cant believe some are seriously defending him and describing his behaviour as a positive for liverpool.... are you actually pool fans or taking the mick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

New information coming out now, apparently Mrs Doyle baked the Italian shirts and as we all know from that famous gif of Luis as a little boy with Grandad Kenny and Uncle Stevie, he looooves a bit of cake.
    I'll give him the benefit of the doubt so.

Is this supposed to be funny?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

i cannot believe how many boardsie pool fans have the ah well he can concentrate on pool attitude tbh. i know several lads pool fans who are today raging with him and wanting him gone for his behaviour their attitude is he is harming the clubs reputation.

They imbibe too much media then. Same points being wheeled out now that were wheeled out during the Evra saga and the Ivanovic bite. Everyone seems to have forgotten his PFA player of the year season since then in which he led us from seventh to second and CL qualification.

The club's stature has increased since Suarez signed, and his performances are a key reason why...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I was going to read this thread, but it looks like a really stupid thread now, so I probably won't.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

he tries.

now and again

God bless him.
    *tilts head to the side

niallo27 wrote: »
    Why do you keep going on about it. We know it was wrong. We know his bonkers.

About what? I was responding to someone saying they would shrug off getting bitten.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Mr Alan wrote: »
    If it does happen it would be a incredible over-reaction by FIFA.

IMO he should get an international ban of 5 games and huge ban.

Anything else would be excessive imo.

You genuinely believe he does not deserve a club ban?

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

i cannot believe how many boardsie pool fans have the ah well he can concentrate on pool attitude tbh. i know several lads pool fans who are today raging with him and wanting him gone for his behaviour their attitude is he is harming the clubs reputation.

You should get your IRL mates to post here and educate the very worst in the worst fans in the world, namely Turtyturd.

yes. and it was.
    I find the best jokes come when you repeatedly throw things at the wall and just use whatever sticks. i mean, quantity over quality right?

Agueroooo wrote: »
    he tries.

now and again

God bless him.
    *tilts head to the side

Ha, you're one to talk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

Grayditch wrote: »
    I was going to read this thread, but it looks like a really stupid thread now, so I probably won't.

Imagine the thread in your mind. Think of how barmy it may be. Then quadruple it. Then have a nice sit down

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

RasTa wrote: »
    About what? I was responding to someone saying they would shrug off getting bitten.

I play Soccer and Gaelic at a pretty decent level at both in Dundalk, and if someone bit me playing football my 1st reaction would be to thump him, but when the game was over, it would be forgotten about, as would 99% of my teammates.

If this was some Uruguay player nobody knew, it would be laughed about by most (i.e The Brazilan commentators were laughing about it)

Ban him for however long FIFA make appropriate, Move on!

Ha, you're one to talk.

YOU GOT HIM! aww man, his face must be so red now #scarlet4Agueroooo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,281 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Ha, you're one to talk.

Takes one to know one.(did i do it right).

Classic schoolyard banter in here today.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

I'm awful annoyed at him to be honest! I think most pool fans are.

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    You should get your IRL mates to post here and educate the very worst in the worst fans in the world, namely Turtyturd.
    WHAT ARE YOU on about?

WHAT ARE YOU on about?

what hes saying is that he doesn't put much weight in your mates opinions about the whole Luis Suarez biting thing that happened yesterday which this thread is about

BMMachine wrote: »
    what hes saying is that he doesn't put much weight in your mates opinions about the whole Luis Suarez biting thing that happened yesterday which this thread is about
    I asked nuri not you... thanks though you have been super helpful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

It is pretty sad how blind some fans are, in this case pool fans who think it wasn't that bad and we should be mad at the media.

The same pool fans who are in love with Suarez now had the same love for Torres a few years ago he moved to Chelsea and they cast him aside quickly yet Suarez bites someone on the pitch for the 3rd time we know about and they defend him.

Says a lot about the fans and club to me!

• Advertisement

Takes one to know one.(did i do it right).

Classic schoolyard banter in here today.:cool:

No, I've been well aware of his terrible jokes for years.

"For faux sake" being the latest gem.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

I'm awful annoyed at him to be honest! I think most pool fans are.

I am too. I think he should get a ban equivalent to what Zidane got.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Apparently he tried it on Chiellini last year in the Confederations Cup

ppfDwFI.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Villain wrote: »
    It is pretty sad how blind some fans are, in this case pool fans who think it wasn't that bad and we should be mad at the media.

The same pool fans who are in love with Suarez now had the same love for Torres a few years ago he moved to Chelsea and they cast him aside quickly yet Suarez bites someone on the pitch for the 3rd time we know about and they defend him.

I dont support Liverpool but obvs their fans are going to stand by him (not all but some), all clubs fans do
    Chelsea- Terry
    Man Utd- Giggs/Cantona
    Liverpool- Suarez

Won't somebody think of Suarez

Great photo it must be said

luisSuarezTeethVitaly_large.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭Underpaid Mike

Grade A trolling there I must say

• Advertisement

Is there no video of the Confed Cup incident? Wouldn't put too much faith in still images.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

WHAT ARE YOU on about?

It was a joke..

Though Turdy is the worse man alive after Suarez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Cantona came back and was accepted, Ferdinand missed a drugs test and was still accepted, John Terry is still loved by his supporters.

Wake up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

I dont support Liverpool but obvs their fans are going to stand by him (not all but some), all clubs fans do
    Chelsea- Terry
    Man Utd- Giggs/Cantona
    Liverpool- Suarez

That just goes to show why many people have lost respect for the game, when you compare it to professional rugby it's quite embarrassing really!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I despair.

Not for Liverpool fans or myself, but for the people still posting this crap 500+ posts in.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement