Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Luis Suarez - Mod Note Post #1, #585 and #602

191011121315»

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

Got a grand sleep last night Niall, thanks for your concern. I'll make no excuses for my posting here, I unashamedly love to hate Suarez, he's the perfect pantomime villain. Then you throw in the fans that bend over backwards so much to help his case that their head ends up in their own arse, it's car crash stuff and ultimately entertaining.

I haven't once said he should be banned for any amount of time, I've just argued points that I think are plain wrong and I make no apologies for that.

you should tell another one of your great jokes again. rack up some more mental victories :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Headshot wrote: »
    I would like to hope if utd had a WC player and was a repeat offender of scummy behaviour, they would sell said player right away. No player is bigger than the club and if you have a bad apple letting down your club domestically and abroad, they have to go.

Eric Cantona?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Corholio wrote: »
    Not this 'hounded him out' ****e again. If Suarez doesn't go and bite anyone, nothing happens. It was that way the first time he did it......the second time he did it.........and the third time as well. Pepe didnt actually 'headbutt' Muller either, he was rightly sent off for putting his head aggressively, but it wasn't a headbutt. Suarez bit into Chiellini's shoulder.....actually bit someone......for the third time. Let that sink in for a while before this 'hounded' nonsense is wheeled out again.

If he dives like every other player he is hounded, anything he does is magnified by a million just because it is Suarez. He will be right to leave and the premier league can go back to being a league full of angels.
    Karl Stein wrote: »
    Those are magnificent statistics but they do not consider the immeasurable rate of damage that the biting incident will undoubtedly cause in the wider population.

Consider this.

500 million people witness the Saurez biting incident. Now let's say 200 million of them are children - it would only require 5% of these children to copy-cat bite another person out of frustration for there to be 10,000,000 victims of biting.

That's 10 million people bitten because of one Saurez's taste for flesh.

I would recommend that Saurez be blasted into space in a one man prison vessel to spend the rest of his life with nothing but water and a lifetime supply of jumbones.

Oh jesus it is Helen fecking Lovejoy.

I would like to hope if utd had a WC player and was a repeat offender of scummy behaviour, they would sell said player right away. No player is bigger than the club and if you have a bad apple letting down your club domestically and abroad, they have to go.

Thankfully it isn't Utd he's at. He's at the worst club in the world!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Thankfully it isn't Utd he's at. He's at the worst club in the world!

I know your a utd fan but that a bit to extreme on pool

I know your a utd fan but that a bit to extreme on pool

Utd4life!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

BMMachine wrote: »
    you should tell another one of your great jokes again. rack up some more mental victories :)

Maybe you should concentrate less on me and more about the issue at hand. You're coming across a little clingy...

Utd4life!

Damn straight homie

LOL @ deluded United fans. If Suarez was a United player you would love him and there would be no hope of United selling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Davei141 wrote: »
    LOL @ deluded United fans. If Suarez was a United player you would love him and there would be no hope of United selling.
    deluded united fans?? grow up...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

LOL, it's so funny isn't it? LMAO.

Any clubs fans would love him playing for them.

They might not admit it but they would.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I think sadly that will be the end of Suarez in England, he will see the English media were the ones really leading the whole controversy and will decide to feck off. Who could blame him? "Best league in the world" just hounded its best player out of the league. It will be funny watching Suarez get banned for 10 games while Pepe gets 1 game ban for a headbutt. Jim Boyce can go and feck off getting involved playing up to the anti Suarez sentiments, he wouldn't be saying anything if it was any other player.

Get a grip. Hounded out? He has bitten someone 3 times in 4 years. The media are right to assassinate his character he brings it all on himself.

Don't bite someone and nothing is said in the media it's quite simple. The media have spent the last 12 months singing his praises for his talent and good behaviour.

I can guarantee as god as my witness, I would never ever want this player near my club. He is vile player, a sorry excuse for a player.

I wouldnt even want him on a free to join utd. I would feel disgusted if he joined utd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭egghead.

I think sadly that will be the end of Suarez in England, he will see the English media were the ones really leading the whole controversy and will decide to feck off. Who could blame him? "Best league in the world" just hounded its best player out of the league. It will be funny watching Suarez get banned for 10 games while Pepe gets 1 game ban for a headbutt. Jim Boyce can go and feck off getting involved playing up to the anti Suearez sentiments, he wouldn't be saying anything if it was any other player.
    So it's a conspiracy against him ?

Why would the English media pick him for nothing ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

The media are bad tbf. High profile group game, everything on the line, not long to go and the game is finally balanced, and then the media go and bite Chiellini on the shoulder.

I can guarantee as god as my witness, I would never ever want this player near my club. He is vile player, a sorry excuse for a player.

I wouldnt even want him on a free to join utd. I would feel disgusted if he joined utd

:pac: There is your deluded united fan DARK-KNIGHT.

You were a fan of him at one stage though weren't you?

:pac: There is your deluded united fan DARK-KNIGHT.

I suppose I have higher standards for my team than you. If your happy to have a player tarnishing the great name of Liverpool football club, fair enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Noone's denying he's a absolutely fantastic player, but Fifa have to do something massive this time..

He's bit someone..for the THIRD time..
    Not a bad tackle, or a headbutt(which is awful in itself) but a bite!
    Eight games didn't teach him.
    Ten games obviously didn't do it either , should be 15+ this time and yes it should carry to Liverpool..

Liverpool.should sell him, a club of that tradition don't need someone who does things like that their, count the losses and sell him. He's a psycho and scum plain and simple!

He'll be a loss to the league and to 'pool, but the man has to be thought a lesson to ensure he doesn't do.it again.. A simple national ban is nothing!

Pro. F wrote: »
    The media are bad tbf. High profile group game, everything on the line, not long to go and the game is finally balanced, and then the media go and bite Chiellini on the shoulder.

ITV right after the England game, zero highlights or discussion about the game, just endless highlights of the Suarez incident...

Sky sports news right after England get beaten by Sri Lanka in the cricket to compound their awful form (Big news) and England limp out of the WC with a boring 0-0 (Big news), nothing about either...all about Suarez.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭egghead.

ITV right after the England game, zero highlights or discussion about the game, just endless highlights of the Suarez incident...

Sky sports news right after England get beaten by Sri Lanka in the cricket to compound their awful form (Big news) and England limp out of the WC with a boring 0-0 (Big news), nothing about either...all about Suarez.

Yep it's all the media's fault he has bitten 3 players.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Right, the thread is degenerating once more into United vs Liverpool, I'm starting to see too many reported posts, and there's been no further development in discussion for hours now. Going to close the topic for a while now, and will reopen it if there's any further news in the story.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement