Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Safe areas in Dublin Co. please advise.

Options
  • 25-06-2014 10:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hello,

Me and my parter are thinking of buying a house/apartment in Dublin Co/City wherever cheaper.
    So went online checking daft and other websites and most of the properties are in Tallagh, Lucan, Ballyfermot, Blanch, and others..
    I would preferably live in South Dub. area.

Can you please advise on the safe areas for family to live in, as I we have a small cute baby boy, who will be starting creche later this year.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Moved to Dublin County South forum as OP has specified that is their preferred place to live. Mods, feel free to move elsewhere if needs be, thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

How far south are you willing to move out to? And what price of house are you looking at, ballpark figure will dictate the areas you can afford.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Celine

Hiya. As long as it is within county Dublin area, since I do not drive:(. will need to walk with baby myself. The price tag is max of 150k, only one income, and cannot afford to pay high rent either. Property can be half build or in need of reconstruction, can even be a site, as long as the area is good. Not easy on tight budget:(, really tough.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

That's not much of a budget for South Dublin. If you can find somewhere in Dublin 4, 6, 6w, 14, 16, 18 or South County for that money then you'd be doing well.

I know its tiny budget, but thats what we have. I ll check those areas above though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭EricPraline

Unfortunately as Aard says, that budget won't go very far in South Dublin, as you're looking in the most expensive area for property in the country. For example, a search on myhome.ie for 2 bed apartments in South County Dublin for max €150k yields 0 results :( Increasing to over €200k does bring in apartments in areas such as Stillorgan and Stepaside which are popular with families.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

If you don't drive and want to live in south Dublin, the best bet might be somewhere near the end of the Luas line. Stepaside and Cherrywood area have a lot of apartments. Still, I'm not sure that anything as low as €150k would be within reach. There's other parts of the city like Dublin 7/8 that are close to town and would give more value for money.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Kev2Dee

A lot of places within certain areas are nice. For example, in clondalkin, anywhere near clondalkin village is lovely, though avoid atras like Bawnogue. Tallaght is the same, areas such as Kingswood, Kilnamanagh, and Belgard. I know this, because i grew up, and went to school in clondalkin, like in Kingswood in tallaght, and have friends in all areas, and never had a bit of trouble:) Also, might be more in your price range, seeing as im also looking!

Thanks a lot. There are a lot of houses in Tallaghtbut a bit scared. Houses in Lucan also, again not sure about the area, as well as Kilmainham for 140, was gone already though.Its quited hard as I heard that a lot of them are for cash only, and people are offering more that listed price.
    If it wasn't for baby would still be here.

considering dublin 8 also

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 Kev2Dee

Zalina wrote: »
    Thanks a lot. There are a lot of houses in Tallaghtbut a bit scared. Houses in Lucan also, again not sure about the area, as well as Kilmainham for 140, was gone already though.Its quited hard as I heard that a lot of them are for cash only, and people are offering more that listed price.
    If it wasn't for baby would still be here.

yeah for Tallaght, stick with Kingswood, Kilnamanagh, and Belgard, mostly young families, and great transport links to the city. Hope this helps!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

Thanks Kev. Will bear that in mind:))

Thanks for thelinks:))))))))

Advertisement