Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Public waste disposal

Options
  • 25-06-2014 11:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭

Im just wondering is there anywhere you can bring normal house hold waste and recycling to anywhere in the Meath area?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,184 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

http://www.meath.ie/CountyCouncil/Environment/Recycling/

I don't know if they also do household waste, but often the recycling centres do. A quick phone call will check and if they don't, I'm sure they will know where does.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Recycling centres in Navan, Trim and Kells

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

dgt wrote: »
    Recycling centres in Navan, Trim and Kells

Do they accept non recyclables though, normal household rubbish?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

andreac wrote: »
    Do they accept non recyclables though, normal household rubbish?

You have to pay for that to be picked up.

irish_goat wrote: »
    You have to pay for that to be picked up.

I can't have it picked up though. Our estate doesn't allow companies to come in to our estate.
    That's why I'm wondering is there somewhere you can bring normal
    Household waste to as opposed to being picked up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭haro124

I can't have it picked up though. Our estate doesn't allow companies to come in to our estate.

You can bring household waste to the one in kells. It costs extra

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Not sure if that's legal. how are you expected to get rid of your rubbish if you don't drive? Or if you're disabled?

Edit: Found some info.
    Local authorities have a general obligation to collect or arrange for the collection of domestic waste. There are some exceptions to this, for example, if the costs involved would be too large. The local authority may require householders to present waste in a particular way – for example, it may require that you use certain kinds of bins.
    http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/environment/environmental_law/waste_management.html

I work in waste management in the north and I know the only excuse we can give for not going to pick waste up at a house is if it's miles out of the way of any other property and would cost a load to get there. Your estate management company can't dictate that the local authority isn't allowed to fulfil this obligation.

Sorry I should have explained full situation.

Well we have communal bins but they are saying people who are in arrears will not be getting access to the new key which was changed this week.
    I've been in contact with them and waiting on a reply and hoping they will come to an arrangement with me so I can get a key but haven't heard back yet.

I just don't know what I'll do if they won't give me a key.

Advertisement