Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gas bottle weight.

Options
  • 25-06-2014 12:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭

Hi folks. I have 4 11Kg Propane bottles (orange with screw connector). They all have different amounts of gas in them. Does anyone here have the approx weight of either a full or an empty one to give me some idea of whats in them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭m8

Seaswimmer wrote: »
    Hi folks. I have 4 11Kg Propane bottles (orange with screw connector). They all have different amounts of gas in them. Does anyone here have the approx weight of either a full or an empty one to give me some idea of whats in them.

Hi
    The full weight of gas bottles can vary based on the weight of the empty bottle. Is the weight of the empty bottle, or tare weight stamped on the neck ring of the bottle?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭niloc1951

Seaswimmer wrote: »

Mine are marked 12.3 kg, but can in reality weigh a little more when 'empty' as there always some sort of residue which can be heard sloshing around inside if the battle is shaken :confused: .

Just weighed one of mine which I know to be completely empty, except for the mystery residue, and it weighed in at 12.5 kg.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Seaswimmer

niloc1951 wrote: »
    Mine are marked 12.3 kg, but can in reality weigh a little more when 'empty' as there always some sort of residue which can be heard sloshing around inside if the battle is shaken :confused: .

Just weighed one of mine which I know to be completely empty and it weighed in at 12.5 kg.

thanks for that. It will give me something to go on.

I will also have a closer look to see if there are any markings on mine..

Advertisement