Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky BB speed drop for fortnight

Options
  • 25-06-2014 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭

For the last two weeks my Sky BB speed has been all over the place and generally falling. I usually have 15meg and about a fortnight ago it dropped one or two megs which I thought may have been a blip. About a week ago then the speed dropped to sub 5meg and has stayed there, usually just above or below the 2meg mark.

Has anyone else experienced this? I've tried to contact Sky but 0818719819 is apparently out of service according to the eircom automated response.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

Try 0818 762 917

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Turtlez

Mine is at 1mb always has been and they say no i8t should be 12 lol im moving sky bb sucks end of..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 panic2014

Mine gets slow from 9pm every night. .drives me crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭BrianHal

I'm out of contract and eager to move. Vodafone is offering a good service for e35/mth and my line will get "up to" 100meg but can reasonably expect about 35 or 40 which is between two and three times what Sky were giving me all along.

My fear is having a bad experience with VF before with line dropping etc. It happened before and they tried to blame the eircom copper line but when I changed to Sky, the problem didn't happen once thus proving my suspicion that it was VFs end.

Anyone have any other suggestions? UPC don't do fibre in my area.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

Have you looked into eircom?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭BrianHal

eircom
    e35/mth for 6 months = 210
    e45/mth for 12 months = 540
    Total contract cost = 750

VF
    e35 for 18mths = 630

Both have the small print for notifying them 30 days ahead of moving to other provider, yes?
    And what about restricting websites or applications that can be used when using those ISPs?

Advertisement