Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 *mod warning linked in OP 26/07*

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

First bite of what is sure to be a delicously chewy thread!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

second

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭MacBizzle

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

tumblr_inline_mk778jZKp61qz4rgp.gif

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

Guess I can go collect the kid from school now that madness has ended!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Luis Suarez is an innocent man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

so as i said in the previous thread
    is no one else looking on the brightside of this Suarez thing?

1. Madrid and Barca may be put off him due to this incident
    2. May not play much for Uruguay this season due to a FIFA ban
    3. Has to prove himself next season once again to push for his move to Spain

All this works out immensely well for LFC...

Am I the only one thinking this way? too many stupid posts to read back through!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

First (page)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

rival fans and media outlets are certainly making a meal out of this whole Suarez saga.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Luis Suarez is an innocent man.

Innocent in the same way Big Davey Joyce uses the word?

"Ya innocent fool ya!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Am I the only one thinking this way? too many stupid posts to read back through!

Could be, but then again we might be stuck with a red herring now

SlickRic wrote: »
    rival fans and media outlets are certainly making a meal out of this whole Suarez saga.

Ba dum tish! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Fourth.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Italian food >

As expected really.

FIFA won't have the balls to do anything that'll affect Liverpool so we'll be grand.

I'm still outraged by this overpaid man who bit another overpaid man thousands of miles away though. Won't somebody think of the grown-up children!?!? :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

All hail The Count of Montevideo.

The old thread bites the dust.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Slick I actually thought of you within moments of the bite, and the tongue in cheek post you made during the season about you not giving a ****e who he bit once he performed like he was.

Never ever did I think it would happen again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Knex. wrote: »

"Ya innocent fool ya!"

No innocent like O J Simpson innocent

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

is no one else looking on the brightside of this Suarez thing?

1. Madrid and Barca may be put off him due to this incident
    2. May not play much for Uruguay this season due to a FIFA ban
    3. Has to prove himself next season once again to push for his move to Spain

All this works out immensely well for LFC...

Or

John W Henry presses a button on his desk and Suarez disappears through a hatch. Three times really might be once too many.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Vicxas wrote: »
    Could be, but then again we might be stuck with a red herring now

how's that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Knex. wrote: »

"Ya innocent fool ya!"

DanielDayLewis.jpg

mike65 wrote: »
    Or

John W Henry presses a button on his desk and Suarez disappears through a hatch. Three times really might be once too many.

Have you forgotten that John W Henry likes winning? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

MacBizzle wrote: »
    Have you forgotten that John W Henry likes winning? :)

Linda loves clean sheets too...but we didn't have too many of those last season!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Or

He's only done it once playing for liverpool though........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

More than luck than judgement I'd say - remember when Suarez had his face inside his shirt at Selhurst Park? Some said he was making a sneaky phone call to his agent, I think it's now clear he was making sure he didn't bite anyone! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

Or

Unlikely! FSG have been involved in US franchises for a long time now! What Suarez did pales in comparison to what US "sport stars" do on a daily basis!

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭NyOmnishambles

Somehow my Username seems somewhat approriate to describe the Suarez fiasco

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Agueroooo wrote: »
    Slick I actually thought of you within moments of the bite, and the tongue in cheek post you made during the season about you not giving a ****e who he bit once he performed like he was.

Never ever did I think it would happen again.

obviously yesterday was surprising, but not shocking. can you really be shocked when he's done it twice before? the faux outrage from many is hysterical.

he's a lunatic, and there is no defence for his actions. there are reasons for what he does IMO (he's a screw loose, he hasn't grown up, he's still that child playing football on the rough streets in Uruguay) but there is no defence.

as long as what he does for Uruguay doesn't affect Liverpool, I honestly couldn't give a toss. people with a moral high ground can fúck off. there is none in football, and if you think there's one, you need to check yourself. yes, what Suarez did is beyond weird, and probably the sign of a crazy person, but it's no less moral than the multiple forms of cheating that go on all the time.

nobody can reasonably explain to me how what he did last night is worse than a leg breaking tackle, or elbow to the head, that has the sole purpose of hurting the opponent. we're slightly shocked by this because it's strange, that's all. he's not right in the head when it comes to his reactions to frustration. people don't chew other people, it's not normal. but it's no less violent than a lot of what goes on.

the problem is if this affects Liverpool. last season we stood by him, we seemed to rehabilitate him and reap the rewards, but we can't have him being banned for long stretches, that's the issue. not image, not anything else at all. is he going to miss football matches? that's all i care about, and all any reasonable Liverpool supporter should care about. this romanticised notion of "Liverpool are better than that", and "what would Shankly think?" or "that isn't what Liverpool stand for" is absolute fúcking nonsense of the highest order.

the club exists to win football matches. if what Luis does affects that, then decisions have to be made. if not, he can bite whoever the fúck he likes for Uruguay, as mental and weird as it is.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

POTD^

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Good old sky sports news their too ashamed to talk about how poor their beloved England team are.

Great distraction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Watched 15 minutes of Sky Sports News. The moral indignation was wonderful. Managed to catch the thoughts of Martin Tyler, Terry Butcher and Sol Campbell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

New thread. It has been a busy 24 hours in here. Hopefully Rodgers announces a new signing soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Thommo doesn't usually speculate to such a degree over potential signings, does he? Apparently said on radio that Sanchez to Liverpool is near done or done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Good job Fowler doesn't make these decisions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Thommo doesn't usually speculate to such a degree over potential signings, does he? Apparently said on radio that Sanchez to Liverpool is near done or done.

He said it was a done deal, no mention of Suarez going other way

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Ya. He said this morning he heard it yesterday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

the problem is if this affects Liverpool. last season we stood by him, we seemed to rehabilitate him and reap the rewards, but we can't have him being banned for long stretches, that's the issue. not image, not anything else at all. is he going to miss football matches? that's all i care about, and all any reasonable Liverpool supporter should care about. this romanticised notion of "Liverpool are better than that", and "what would Shankly think?" or "that isn't what Liverpool stand for" is absolute fúcking nonsense of the highest order.

There's no way we can ensure this won't happen again, that's the problem. We can rehabilitate him, keep his nose clean, but that doesn't snuff out the possibility of a repeat offence.

I don't think he realises what he's doing until the deed is done, that is something that can't be relied upon.

I don't know what the answer is, but even if this doesn't effect the club this time around, questions are still going to have to be asked of him, as the next time he does something like this in an LFC jersey, then we're really ****ed.

It comes down to a gamble, simple as.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

you take the moral high ground and ill take the low road and we'll be the worst fans beforrrre ya

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Hey mambo, mambo Itailano, go go go you mixed up siciliano..

obviously yesterday was surprising, but not shocking. can you really be shocked when he's done it twice before? the faux outrage from many is hysterical.

he's a lunatic, and there is no defence for his actions. there are reasons for what he does IMO (he's a screw loose, he hasn't grown up, he's still that child playing football on the rough streets in Uruguay) but there is no defence.

as long as what he does for Uruguay doesn't affect Liverpool, I honestly couldn't give a toss. people with a moral high ground can fúck off. there is none in football, and if you think there's one, you need to check yourself. yes, what Suarez did is beyond weird, and probably the sign of a crazy person, but it's no less moral than the multiple forms of cheating that go on all the time.

nobody can reasonably explain to me how what he did last night is worse than a leg breaking tackle, or elbow to the head, that has the sole purpose of hurting the opponent. we're slightly shocked by this because it's strange, that's all. he's not right in the head when it comes to his reactions to frustration. people don't chew other people, it's not normal. but it's no less violent than a lot of what goes on.

the club exists to win football matches. if what Luis does affects that, then decisions have to be made. if not, he can bite whoever the fúck he likes for Uruguay, as mental and weird as it is.

I've been saying all this both last night and today, only not quite as concise or as well put, and probably with a lot more sarcasm.

Fair play, and fully agree.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Maradona was mental. A complete head case and did stuff just as bad on the pitch and much worse off. I'd still never sell him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

At 28.30 he talks about it http://newstalk.ie/player/listen_back/5/10851/25th_June_2014_-_Breakfast_Part_3

Sanchez would a huge signing. Hopefully we can sign him but it will be difficult.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Maradona was mental. A complete head case and did stuff just as bad on the pitch and much worse off. I'd still never sell him.

On the pitch? Nowhere near as bad.

Off the pitch, Luis seems almost a model citizen...

I don't know how good SkyBet are for there odds but they now have us at 1/1 to sign Sanchez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Dickerty wrote: »
    On the pitch? Nowhere near as bad.

Off the pitch, Luis seems almost a model citizen...

Maradonna sparked a spectacular on the pitch brawl at Barcelona that trumps anything Suarez has done........so far.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Now...are we signing Sanchez as a compliment or a replacement to a certain player?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

Sanchez is the kind of player we really need. Would be an amazing signing.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement