Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 *mod warning linked in OP 26/07*

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

#lfc will step #lovren pursuit after #markovic signs & have inquired about Ben #Davies should #Moreno not happen (Gary Jacob, Times)

I don't care if it's Moreno, Rodriguez or Alex Sandro, just sign one of them -_-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Hotfail.com

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    #lfc will step #lovren pursuit after #markovic signs & have inquired about Ben #Davies should #Moreno not happen (Gary Jacob, Times)

I don't care if it's Moreno, Rodriguez or Alex Sandro, just sign one of them -_-

Why stop going after Lovren if Markovic signs? :confused:

Nevermind, read that as stop.

**** it, bring them all home. Dirk, Masch, Maxi and Moses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

That Rojo lad is good. That's my opinion. After watching him. For a bit. In the World Cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Morata is going to Juve, I rather liked him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Al_Coholic

Grayditch wrote: »
    That Rojo lad is good. That's my opinion. After watching him. For a bit. In the World Cup.

average,cant cross a ball and is caught out defensively quite a lot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭sh__93

What I'd give to have a Mascherano in our squad now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭tomaussie

Was half expecting Babel to come on tonight to complete the reunion.

Maxi! Just about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

I don't even know why Kruul isn't the Dutch's Starting GK.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Cause Van Gall's a master tactician ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Tbf, Cillessen has been quality throughout. Just don't make him stand in for pens.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Al_Coholic

Cause Van Gall's a master tactician ;)

the dutch were poor apart from the first game against Spain,lucky to win against Australia,defended with 10 men behind the ball against Chile and got 2 goals on the break,lucky to be beat Mexico,lucky to beat Cost Rica and they were so negative tonight.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Feels good that Maxi put the Dutch out :D

Feel sorry for Dirk tbh :(

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Feel sorry for Dirk tbh :(

Dirk's soul was on the verge of being consumed by the Man U, Bayern and Schalke Axis of Evil. Tonight was an exorcism of sorts.

Dirk's soul was on the verge of being consumed by the Man U, Bayern and Schalke Axis of Evil. Tonight was an exorcism of sorts.

Would have loved to see him lift the world cup more than anyone left at the tournament.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Glad he scored his penalty anyway, not that he was ever going to miss. Himself and Mascherano two of the best players on the pitch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Mascherano...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,891 ✭✭✭✭klose

Shame masch will go back to barca playing centre half beside big gerry pique, what a waste he is there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,555 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Augmerson wrote: »
    Feels good that Maxi put the Dutch out :D

I like him but he should not be in that squad!

Get Mash back to Anfield

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Ben Davies is a nice player tbh, stepped up very well when Swansea lost Neil Taylor. To me he plays like a young Baines.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

Origi still wants more time to consider all the offers before him, wouldn't be one bit surprised if he went elsewhere to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Any chance Masch could be used in the Suarez transfer? Would he even want to come back to us?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Hotfail.com

Any chance Masch could be used in the Suarez transfer? Would he even want to come back to us?

Doubt he would want to come back tbh. How much is he worth anyway? ~15 million?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Sure he couldn't wait to get away before he left.

• Advertisement

darced wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

I think they should stick to football, darcy.

murpho999 wrote: »
    I like him but he should not be in that squad!

Maxi has been playing well back home, to be fair to him and he does offer versatility. I remember reading he's played as a wing back in some games for club too this past season.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Maxi_Rodriguez_liverpool.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

Maxi has been playing well back home, to be fair to him and he does offer versatility. I remember reading he's played as a wing back in some games for club too this past season.

apart from gk & cb there arent many positions he hasnt played for newells. very much a favourite because of his intelligence and versatility.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

David N'Gog

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Augmerson wrote: »
    Maxi_Rodriguez_liverpool.jpg

'He scores when he wants, he scores when he wants.....against Fulham.....and Man United Holland Van Gaal....as long as it's from the penalty spot.'

Love that Maxi song.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Masch was quality last night but people shouldn't forget the manner in which he left. He basically went on strike and was another one who hid behind his familY being "unsettled" in order to force a transfer.

Not exactly someone with a great affinity for the club and who we should want back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

He's never coming abck , people.

Echo says Markovic having a medical today. Hopefully everyone can start getting familiar with him so his name isn't going to be ba$tardized going forward!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Echo says Markovic having a medical today. Hopefully everyone can start getting familiar with him so his name isn't going to be ba$tardized going forward!

Yeah that's what matters, that and using American English words. Seriously, always liked Maxi and the problem with Masch was the owners and the way the club was run.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Didn't Mascherano sign a new contract earlier this year with a 100m buy out clause?

Pretty sure he did.

EDIT:Yep...here you go http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/european/javier-mascherano-agrees-new-contract-argentina-international-will-stay-at-barcelona-until-2018-9509249.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,724 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Welcome to Anfield Marko!

• Advertisement

Marky Mark

Miko the red.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Mark O'Witch.

Witchy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,724 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Lazar the Magnificent

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

I hope he has as much courage and fight as his irish great Aunt, countess markievicz.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

"Lazar"

200_s.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Vic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Welcome Major Lazar

*may be slightly nsfw

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-lazar-markovic-set-7399207

Markovic set for medical ahead of £20m deal as Origi makes Melwood visit

Lazar Markovic is set to undergo a medical on Thursday ahead of completing his £20million move from Benfica to Liverpool FC.

The highly-rated Serbian winger will become the Reds’ fourth summer signing following deals for Rickie Lambert, Adam Lallana and Emre Can.

Liverpool also remain on course to wrap up the transfer of Lille striker Divock Origi.

The Belgium international visited Melwood with his family on Wednesday for a tour of the club’s training base and he met boss Brendan Rodgers for the first time.

An initial fee of £6million, which could rise to £9.8million with add-ons, has already been agreed with Lille.

Origi would be loaned back to the French outfit for the coming season before linking up with the Reds squad next summer.

The 19-year-old is weighing up his options after attracting plenty of interest following his eye-catching performances at the World Cup finals in Brazil.

“It is true that there are offers from all over Europe,” he told press in his homeland.

“Now I have to look carefully where I will grow as a player and as a person. Things will be clearer within two weeks at the most.”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Very happy with the clubs transfter dealings so far. Markovic and Origi have huge potential and i really think they'll both turn out to be top clas players within a year or 2, Markovic in particular im very happy with.

Seems like we're playing hard ball over Suarez too which is great to see, as a lot of the twatter itk's :rolleyes: said the deal would be completed last week, so Ayre is doing well holding out as it looks like we want the money up front, and only up front so lets see what Barca do now !!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement