Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 *mod warning linked in OP 26/07*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,455 ✭✭✭tritium

Rumours that Mesut Ozil may be available. Probably been the best player at the World Cup, and one of the most impressive in Europe over the season. Would be a big upgrade on Suarez.

£20 million + £1 so......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Fescue wrote: »
    I think if you look through the squad, its still quite thin. There is a responsibility to build a competent squad for the year ahead.

Also it is extremely difficult to buy the type of player fans crave. Reus, Benzema etc are not likely to come here.

I agree. However Origi, Markovic, Lallana, Lambert and Can (if all are got) comes in at around 70m approx and bulks up the squad. Thats before any outs. Buying more filler after they have been signed would be a bad move. Quality and quantity etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Paj wrote: »
    We'll keep him thanks. We like to add world class players these days. Selling them wasn't working out.

Like Liverpool then. Sort of poetic eh? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

quarryman wrote: »
    Eh. Wha?

Any particular reason you chose that part? I also mentioned him being available for transfer, being one the most impressive players in Europe last season, and being a big upgrade on Suarez.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭viper006

billy2012 wrote: »
    A WF isn't going to replace Suarez. We need a striker who scores goals and to cover / compete with Sturridge.

How can you say we don't need Bony with Lambert in the team?

Sturridge, Lambert and Borini as a strikeforce is a joke TBH.

Lambert and Borini are cover / cup players.

Looks like we are signing Markovic so that is our WF player. We will have plenty of players capable of playing in that position now.

I dobt know what your talking about to be honest.I never said we should have strikeforce of borini, sturridge and Lambert.I was stating we badly need a Sanchez WF type player to replace suarez .a player with trickery and pace that can press defenders just like Suarez did. Bony is not that.Lambert can do same kind job that bony is all I'm saying.

If you think a strikeforce of Lambert, sturridge and borini is a joke but by adding bony is becomes sufficient to press on in the league and compete in the CL then that's just ridiculous.that is a huge downgrade in what we had last season,devoid of pace and trickery bar sturridge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Fescue

NukaCola wrote: »
    I agree. However Origi, Markovic, Lallana, Lambert and Can (if all are got) comes in at around 70m approx and bulks up the squad. Thats before any outs. Buying more filler after they have been signed would be a bad move. Quality and quantity etc.

Lovren, Moreno and a striker possibly another £60 million. Thats £130 million spent this summer. That's as much as you could hope for really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,083 ✭✭✭DenMan

Rumours that Mesut Ozil may be available. Probably been the best player at the World Cup, and one of the most impressive in Europe over the season. Would be a big upgrade on Suarez.

I'm an Arsenal fan dude and now with Sanchez on board there's no way way Wenger will allow Ozil to leave. The two of them linking up alone is frightening! Throw in Ramsay, Walcott, Rosicky and Cazorla and it's out of this world!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

Swoosh

5live wrote: »
    Especially when they pay £16m for him.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/adam-lallana-signs-liverpool-fc-7351062

£23m. If your going to say £16m + add on's please give me a link, also, add-ons will probably be paid unless they involve stupid stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭jack747

Nearly go as far as saying someone should nearly start doing inquests on these failed transfer dealings at this stage. Its just not good enough, keeps on happening.
    I think I remember Henry himself saying we needed to make champions league to attract the better players. There seems to be an attitude from Ayre of 'ah sure we tried'. With luis gone Rodgers is gonna have to be backed big time or we're facing europa league. Surely he deserves full control of who he wants in and get rid of that panel. There's no way he looked at Cissokho and said i'll buy him.

jack747 wrote: »
    Nearly go as far as saying someone should nearly start doing inquests on these failed transfer dealings at this stage. Its just not good enough, keeps on happening.
    I think I remember Henry himself saying we needed to make champions league to attract the better players. There seems to be an attitude from Ayre of 'ah sure we tried'. With luis gone Rodgers is gonna have to be backed big time or we're facing europa league.

At least we have Europa League to fall back on. It could be worse, we could be... Southampton.
    Surely he deserves full control of who he wants in and get rid of that panel. There's no way he looked at Cissokho and said i'll buy him.

Harsh on Cissokho, he was very good for PSG. Did well at the WC.

Any particular reason you chose that part? I also mentioned him being available for transfer, being one the most impressive players in Europe last season, and being a big upgrade on Suarez.

Ah ok. So if you make other points it means you're allowed make another that's complete rubbish.

Even the rest is garbage. One of the best in Europe? I can think of several ahead of him.

And an upgrade on Suarez? Seriously?

6166d9b0560aff5f79b1112ac90fce28.png

Ah ok. So if you make other points it means you're allowed make another that's complete rubbish.

Even the rest is garbage. One of the best in Europe? I can think of several ahead of him.

And an upgrade on Suarez? Seriously?

Have you not seen Ozil. He's outstanding.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

Really not liking who we're being linked with up front. Remy & Bony combined are not good enough to replace Suarez.

Markovic aside all the rest are really uninspiring.

Lallana is possibly the only proven quality deal we've done so far and at that we paid far too much for him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

NukaCola wrote: »
    http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/adam-lallana-signs-liverpool-fc-7351062

£23m. If your going to say £16m + add on's please give me a link, also, add-ons will probably be paid unless they involve stupid stuff.

Jaysus, whoever pi**ed in your cornflakes, it wasn't me.

It was discussed earlier in the thread that Bournemouth received £4m as their 25% sell-on clause and delays in completing his transfer were due to the division of upfront payments and add-on clauses wrt Bournemouth.

As to add-ons, if he activates them all then i have no problem paying them all as per his contract as i assume they are partially linked to winning trophies and qualifying for the CL.

If that doesn't float your boat then fair enough. Each to their own.

Have you not seen Ozil. He's outstanding.

Of course I have. He's a brilliant player.

But better than Suarez?

And he's had an ok world cup. He was the quietest player on the pitch for Germany against Brazil.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,937 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Really not liking who we're being linked with up front. Remy & Bony combined are not good enough to replace Suarez.

Markovic aside all the rest are really uninspiring.

Lallana is possibly the only proven quality deal we've done so far and at that we paid far too much for him.

That's the kicker there isn't one footballer in the world that could replace Suarez bar Ronaldo or Messi and neither of them are going to join Liverpool.

So we will be looking for a number of player combined to replace him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

You are talking about popeye here right, the guy who played about 5 good games for arsenal and who has been utter muck in the world cup, as for being an upgrade on suarez give me strenghth:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Gary Doherty could provide both the defensive cover and the attacking threat required.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

jack747 wrote: »
    I think I remember Henry himself saying we needed to make champions league to attract the better players. There seems to be an attitude from Ayre of 'ah sure we tried'. With luis gone Rodgers is gonna have to be backed big time or we're facing europa league. Surely he deserves full control of who he wants in and get rid of that panel. There's no way he looked at Cissokho and said i'll buy him.

Liverpool aren't as attractive a proposition as Arsenal, he cant force Sanchez to go to Liverpool.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

That's the kicker there isn't one footballer in the world that could replace Suarez bar Ronaldo or Messi and neither of them are going to join Liverpool.

So we will be looking for a number of player combined to replace him.

Possibly.

But there's certainly better out there than Remy and Bony.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,937 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Living in Liverpool aren't isn't as attractive a proposition as Arsenal London, he cant force Sanchez to go to Liverpool.

FYP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭rob316

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Asenal got ozil and now sanchez, while we are still fcuking about buying substandard **** like lambert origi, can, and lallana ffs will we ever learn

We wanted sanchez but he wouldn't come what more do you want the club to do?

The people who will fill the void left by Suarez are probably already at the club in my opinion. Sterling, Coutinho and Sturridge all have room for improvement. The latter two are still so young but have huge potential. Sometimes we are looking across the ditch at other cows, when all along the cows we have are producing lots of milk, which we will pour on the cornflakes of our league challenge...no I've let that one get away from me.

FYP.

If it makes you feel better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

rob316 wrote: »
    We wanted sanchez but he wouldn't come what more do you want the club to do?

I bet if man u or city went in for him he would have no problem living in manchester

I bet if man u or city went in for him he would have no problem living in manchester

Exactly

Exactly

Yeah sure we'll see that next year when City buy him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Here is a list of Strikers/Forwards who we could a target

El Shaawawy - would be risky because of Injury problems
    Reus - No chance of happening
    Griezmann
    Cavani
    Morata
    Jese Rodriguez
    Vela
    Remy
    Bony
    Huntelaar
    Iturbe
    Callejon
    Lukaku
    Balotelli
    Bacca
    Martinez
    Aubameyang
    Higuain - Im not a fan of him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,052 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Just on Marković, a Portuguese buddy of mine is a huge Benfica fan. I asked him about the kid earlier. This was the response;

"He's one of the most talented players I've seen in a long time. He has a lot to learn and he'll need to get used to the Premier League but it is my opinion that he's set to become - hands down - one of the best forwards in the world."

Yeah sure we'll see that next year when City buy him.

Maybe Liverpool will.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Ozil, one of the best players at the world cup???? You must have been watching replays of the 2010 world cup.

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Just on Marković, a Portuguese buddy of mine is a huge Benfica fan. I asked him about the kid earlier. This was the response;

"He's one of the most talented players I've seen in a long time. He has a lot to learn and he'll need to get used to the Premier League but it is my opinion that he's set to become - hands down - one of the best forwards in the world."

I think you have to take notice of a player who leaves Serbia for €10 million I think at 19 for starters and then one season later moves to England for €25 million.

Some folks really not on the ball today.

More likely to win trophies with them or Arsenal. It's perfectly understandable.

Make it stop. They've had enough already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

They can pay him a lot more in wages to make up for the inconvenience.

I feel I've 5starpool'd here...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

In some threads it's hard to tell delusion from parody ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Paj

zarquon wrote: »
    Ozil, one of the best players at the world cup???? You must have been watching replays of the 2010 world cup.

I think he was being hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

He's a decent player but sterling is a better overall player

LMFAO!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

joe123 wrote: »
    Sanchez confirmed for Arsenal. Fantastic signing for them.

Ughh hard to look at the transfers of other clubs around us and then to look at our own currently.

Add in the fact that we are losing Suarez. Depression central at the moment.

Of all the transfer news recently ...this hurts , I really wanted Sanchez playing for us ... fine player !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

Talk of Ozil having a poor World Cup screams of fans listening to the media too much. He's had a couple of good games so far.

Van Persie was muck after the Spain game yet feck all is said.

Pure agenda.

5live wrote: »
    Jaysus, whoever pi**ed in your cornflakes, it wasn't me.

Sorry mate, was being genuine, no aggression was implied.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

This really is the thread that keeps on giving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I feel I've 5starpool'd here...

Harsh on 5starpool.

Don't get where the confusion on O'zil is coming from, those 6 assists he had for the 6 goals he got were amazing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Harsh on 5starpool.

Don't get where the confusion on O'zil is coming from, those 6 assists he had for the 6 goals he got were amazing.

I think it was coming off the back of the average season he had.

Im sure this year he'll be good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Yee talk an awful lot about Ozil in here boys :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Is this the Ozil thread?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement