Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 *mod warning linked in OP 26/07*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Raf32 wrote: »
    Yee talk an awful lot about Ozil in here boys :)

Beats fretting over Suarez for a while :P ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

We give credit where it's due despite being the worst fans in any sport ever.

hefferboi wrote: »
    Is this the Ozil thread?

Best hair in the league last season.

Would hate to see how slow he is without the go faster stripes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭rob316

shamrock55 wrote: »
    I bet if man u or city went in for him he would have no problem living in manchester

We are back in the CL after 5 seasons out we can't compete with Arsenal and the lure of London. Man City have won the league 2 times in 3 seasons have a ridiculous amount of cash and united have been the top English team for 20 years. Sorry but we are no way comparable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Santi101 wrote: »
    Talk of Ozil having a poor World Cup screams of fans listening to the media too much. He's had a couple of good games so far.

Van Persie was muck after the Spain game yet feck all is said.

Pure agenda.

Ozil was average, certainly not a £42M player. RVP also had an average tournament, nothing special from either of these 2 except from RVP in the spain game where he was excellent

I watched every German game and every dutch game, i don't need the media to set my opinion.

If you think Ozil had a good tournament then maybe i just have a higher standard in how i define a good player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Echo now reporting the 'Aspas as makeweight for Moreno' story.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-hoping-use-iago-7406240
    Liverpool hoping to use Aspas as makeweight in Alberto Moreno deal

Liverpool FC are hoping that Sevilla's interest in Iago Aspas will help them in their final attempt to secure the services of left-back Alberto Moreno.

The Spanish striker is surplus to requirements at Anfield and the Reds are ready to offer him as a makeweight in the deal.

Liverpool have been thwarted in their bid to sign Moreno since their initial offer of around £16million was rejected in late May.

Liverpool haven't given up on him and are prepared to table an improved offer of player plus cash.

Aspas cost the Reds £8million from Celta Vigo last summer but struggled to impress and scored just once in 15 appearances.

If Liverpool can't swiftly reach an agreement with Sevilla for Moreno then they will reluctantly admit defeat and turn their attention elsewhere.

Disgusted to be honest. Aspas is Doni come down to us from Rio in striker form. Shame The Rodgers is too blind to see he belongs on the wing.

Talk of Ozil having a poor World Cup screams of fans listening to the media too much. He's had a couple of good games so far.

Van Persie was muck after the Spain game yet feck all is said.

Pure agenda.

He's been mediocre, and a shadow of the player from 2010. Arsenal fans just refuse to look at his performances objectively, same goes for Mertesacker who completely unsettles the German defence and Kos?????y who was on the bench for obvious reasons.

I agree about Van Persie though, he has been dire but gets a free pass because there are a lot of United fans on the forum, and he has form for not delivering on the big stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Report everywhere saying we have bid 38.5Millipm for benzema :)

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

You amongst others Arsenal fans talk an awful lot about Liverpool, tbf.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck. According to who reliable?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

Turtyturd wrote: »
    He's been mediocre, and a shadow of the player from 2010. Arsenal fans just refuse to look at his performances objectively, same goes for Mertesacker who completely unsettles the German defence and Kos?????y who was on the bench for obvious reasons.

I agree about Van Persie though, he has been dire but gets a free pass because there are a lot of United fans on the forum, and he has form for not delivering on the big stage.

Ozil had good games vs Portugal, Brazil. Seems like clueless fans think you have to score to be playing well - I blame SKY and match of the day.

Deschamps favoured Sakho which was clearly a mistake. Koscielny is far better than him.

Bring on next season.

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Just on Marković, a Portuguese buddy of mine is a huge Benfica fan. I asked him about the kid earlier. This was the response;

"He's one of the most talented players I've seen in a long time. He has a lot to learn and he'll need to get used to the Premier League but it is my opinion that he's set to become - hands down - one of the best forwards in the world."

I've read a lot of Portuguese journos say similar, but I still can't help be worried somewhat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,891 ✭✭✭✭klose

Ozil had good games vs Portugal, Brazil. Seems like clueless fans think you have to score to be playing well - I blame SKY and match of the day.

Deschamps favoured Sakho which was clearly a mistake. Koscielny is far better than him.

Bring on next season.

Think deschamps was justified picking sakho, france only conceaded one goal while he was on the pitch and it was only becuase varrane got man handled by hummels on a set piece. Mamadou was boss, big season coming up for him imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

To be honest, I'd love to have an average tournament where I've created the most chances for my national team(also more than Neymar, Oscar, Hazard and James Rodriguez to name a few) had the most key passes for my national side and scored a vital goal to advance to the quarter finals, all the while playing nearly every minute and out of position according to one of the German coaches.

Jogi Loew is an idiot. drop that man to the bench, Jogi!
    This post comes off as fanboyish, but the criticism is ridiculous

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

:)

Now thats more like it, i dont believe it mind

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,955 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Benzema reports are from Marca and Metro...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck. According to who reliable?

Think it mainly stems from an Marca article

Reading the comments on the Marca article is fun

Google translates annoyed Real fans very well
    Decklan
    # 20 10.jul.2014 | 20:21

Benzema has the best scorers of all 9 numbers in Europe. Thus, as data, and to eradicate the nasty habit of always appreciate those who are not and who despise each other. Neither Cavani or Lewandowski, nor Falcao or Luis Suarez, nor Mandzukic or Negredo or ANYONE has better numbers than the French. His figures are not those of Van Nistelrooy, but none of the chromites are cool that I have such figures. I sold the bike and then if it goes ratchet criticize the player and not yourselves. MADRID BY SIN piperos.

Leer más: Liverpool prepares 50 million for Benzema - MARCA.com

Ah, it's Marca linking us with Benzema, and they've copied The frickin' Metro. Grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

And it's all over twitter

• Advertisement

3e66654ee546aaeed423e15412ba77ba.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,287 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

And it's all over twitter

Must be BS so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

I think we're just doing a very loud "AHEM" to Madrid to try to spark a bidding war with Luis

Another irate Real fan
    Sodapop Curtis# 25 10.jul.2014 | 22:44

Well to be preparing knife and fork to eat a turd.

Another irate Real fan

Whats that about?

Vicxas wrote: »
    Whats that about?

They're not happy with the Marca article linking us and Benzema

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Dont like it when their players are on the end of a made up Marca article huh?

Gives me dem lols.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

BsN2TNICUAABuoW.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

NukaCola wrote: »
    Sorry mate, was being genuine, no aggression was implied.

My apologies also.

Bad day today.

If i had ducks they would drown, if i am allowed to quote a hurling reference.

There does need to be a standardised form of measurement used to reference prices paid for players. If its this fraught after 10 days, its going to be absolute bedlam by the end of August.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-hoping-use-iago-7406240

Disgusted to be honest. Aspas is Doni come down to us from Rio in striker form. Shame The Rodgers is too blind to see he belongs on the wing.

You're right about him belonging on the wing.

The Sevilla wing;-)

Another irate Real fan

Someone else annoyed with Turty so?

That line is growing:-)

• Advertisement

Just realised i'm doing a Mada...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Hotfail.com

I wouldn't be surprised if the Suarez talks with Barca broke down after today. First Suarez's appeal is dismissed, then Sanchez signs for Arsenal (meaning he can't be used as a makeweight). Put on top of this that Barca seemed to be unwilling to match Liverpool's £75m asking price before today, and the only way they would have matched the price whilst spending less is by including Sanchez.

Tbh it wouldn't surprise me if he's still here when the window closes...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Aren't Marca the unofficial mouthpiece for Real Madrid? As in, there could actually be something in it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,955 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Aren't Marca the unofficial mouthpiece for Real Madrid? As in, there could actually be something in it?

This is marca

MK0aXfj.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Hey all Arsenal supporter here , I just wanted to know why do Liverpool seem to have a chip on there shoulder when it comes to Arsenal and our players ?

Constantly putting the boot in on us for winning nothing in 9 years before the Cup when in fact in the last 8 years now since ye last won the FA Cup Liverpool have only won the Carling Cup, and in those 8 years you were mostly without the distraction of Champions League, Yet this season you almost win the league and suddenly its cool again to kick arsenal. Now maybe its over the 1 pound thing last summer, which was ridiculous I'll admit althought thats something that came about due to Suarez's agent or so we're led to believe

And now well not just liverpool but everyone is putting the boot in on Ozil . Are we that unlikeable or what , I thought United was the enemy....for both of us

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Hotfail.com

Hey all Arsenal supporter here , I just wanted to know why do Liverpool seem to have a chip on there shoulder when it comes to Arsenal and our players ?

Constantly putting the boot in on us for winning nothing in 9 years before the Cup when in fact in the last 8 years now since ye last won the FA Cup Liverpool have only won the Carling Cup, and in those 8 years you were mostly without the distraction of Champions League, Yet this season you almost win the league and suddenly its cool again to kick arsenal. Now maybe its over the 1 pound thing last summer, which was ridiculous I'll admit althought thats something that came about due to Suarez's agent or so we're led to believe

And now well not just liverpool but everyone is putting the boot in on Ozil . Are we that unlikeable or what , I thought United was the enemy....for both of us

Can you not take a bit of slagging?

It's always been cool to kick arsenal :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,052 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Don't feel bad, we have a chip on our shoulders when it comes to Everyone and their players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

So, we're not getting Moreno then.

Knex. wrote: »
    So, we're not getting Moreno then.

I dont see why not :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Vicxas wrote: »
    I dont see why not :D

Because if you're not willing to sell him for less than 20m, how is adding Aspas to the deal going to change your mind?

Be like trying to close a business deal by saying, "and I'll throw in a free fart".

Knex. wrote: »
    Because if you're not willing to sell him for less than 20m, how is adding Aspas to the deal going to change your mind?

Be like trying to close a business deal by saying, "and I'll throw in a free fart".

Depends on the fart, have you eaten eggs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

It's not like our Louie was giving interviews like this, he had a fair few levels to get to this:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

jack747 wrote: »
    Nearly go as far as saying someone should nearly start doing inquests on these failed transfer dealings at this stage. Its just not good enough, keeps on happening.
    I think I remember Henry himself saying we needed to make champions league to attract the better players. There seems to be an attitude from Ayre of 'ah sure we tried'. With luis gone Rodgers is gonna have to be backed big time or we're facing europa league. Surely he deserves full control of who he wants in and get rid of that panel. There's no way he looked at Cissokho and said i'll buy him.

Rodgers isn't so hot in the transfer window either close to 30 million for Allen and Borini.

And the signings so far this summer haven't been that inspirational, good mid table players. Sell Suarez and we'll be watching a repeat of when spurs sold bale.

I'm a little worried for Brendan, I like him as a manager but he speaks some amount of nonsense, his transfers have been a disaster except for one possibly two players and it'll be a tough ask for him to finish in the top 4.

Hopefully the fans don't turn on him too soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

^^ you talk some nonsense.

Sanchez talk on SSN is making me sick.

I really hope we have some serious aces up our sleeves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,583 ✭✭✭mormank

I wouldn't be surprised if the Suarez talks with Barca broke down after today. First Suarez's appeal is dismissed, then Sanchez signs for Arsenal (meaning he can't be used as a makeweight). Put on top of this that Barca seemed to be unwilling to match Liverpool's £75m asking price before today, and the only way they would have matched the price whilst spending less is by including Sanchez.

Tbh it wouldn't surprise me if he's still here when the window closes...

Wow, the delusion is strong in this one! Pass the pipe... :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,583 ✭✭✭mormank

I love how since Liverpool came second this season wihout being in the champion's league evryone is talking like the champions league is some sort of poisoned chalice that destroys team in some way. It's a wonder Everton haven't been winning everything domestically all along, they've never had to 'worry' about the pesky Champion's League! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

Absolutly gutted Sanchez is gone to Arsenal, we have not been linked to anyone else of the same calibre.
    Out of all of the players linked, I'd be pretty happy with signing Bony, Markovic, Sissoko, Moreno and Aurier. While not exciting names they would improve the team, especially the fullback positions.
    Hopefully Rodgers stays away from Bertrand!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Rodgers isn't so hot in the transfer window either close to 30 million for Allen and Borini.

And the signings so far this summer haven't been that inspirational, good mid table players. Sell Suarez and we'll be watching a repeat of when spurs sold bale.

I'm a little worried for Brendan, I like him as a manager but he speaks some amount of nonsense, his transfers have been a disaster except for one possibly two players and it'll be a tough ask for him to finish in the top 4.

Hopefully the fans don't turn on him too soon.

Orangutan-Didnt-Read-It-Dance-In-The-Rainforest-From-a-Commercial.gif

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement