Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 *mod warning linked in OP 26/07*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

With Messi,Neymar and now Suarez Barcelona are definitely going to win the world cup next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Cjs21

Right he's gone.

End of an era, but it should be the end of the speaking about him too.

Bring in the new blood and we'll have a new king at no.7 shortly!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Luis Suarez today issued the following statement to the club's official website, Liverpoolfc.com.
    "It is with a heavy heart that I leave Liverpool for a new life and new challenges in Spain. Both me and my family have fallen in love with this club and with the city.

"But most of all I have fallen in love with the incredible fans. You have always supported me and we, as a family, will never forget it, we will always be Liverpool supporters.

"I hope you can all understand why I have made this decision. This club did all they could to get me to stay, but playing and living in Spain, where my wife's family live, is a lifelong dream and ambition. I believe now the timing is right.

"I wish Brendan Rodgers and the team well for the future. The club is in great hands and I'm sure will be successful again next season.

"I am very proud I have played my part in helping to return Liverpool to the elite of the Premier League and in particular back into the Champions League.

"Thank you again for some great moments and memories. You'll Never Walk Alone."

Sappy404 wrote: »
    Luis is going to feel pretty stupid when he remembers he's enrolled his daughter in a Liverpool school and has to cancel his move to Barca.

She has to commute

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

FedererTear.gif

I said I wouldn't cry, not this time damn you .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Finito.

BsQpjz2CcAABipA.jpg:large

:mad: needs a bit of Kolo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Cjs21 wrote: »
    Right he's gone.

End of an era, but it should be the end of the speaking about him too.

Pahahaha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Cjs21

Grayditch wrote: »
    Pahahaha.

I know, it's a long shot :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Gutted.

Cheers Suarez, incredible player for us.

Hope he does well there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Anyone have a solid indication on what the transfer fee was yet?

Few different figures floating around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I liked his letter actually, this is nowhere near as hard on me as Torres, I've been dreading it but its not so bad.... :)

Thanks for the mad, bad, sad and jump out of my seat like a lunatic moments, easily one of the best players I've seen in red!

YNWA Luis...

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Finito.

BsQpjz2CcAABipA.jpg:large

Friend

Cjs21 wrote: »
    I know, it's a long shot :pac:

No offence, but I'm laughing at your suggestion that it should be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Bring 'Louie' 'home'.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭ssaye2

TheTownie wrote: »

BBC saying around £75M Sterling which is €94 mil
    http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/28180600

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

BsQrkfKCIAAnNyS.jpg:large

Il miss the little scamp. Thank you king luis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

Luis Suarez today issued the following statement to the club's official website, Liverpoolfc.com.
    Good luck to him,wish him well,tis a sad day

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭bicboy6666

I feel like crying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

rarnes1 wrote: »
    For me a new RB and CB are compulsory.

Left back with Enrique and Flanagan isn't an urgent problem. An upgrade would be great of course but other areas as mentioned are more important.

Another attacker will come in too, I'm presuming a pacy one that can play anywhere across the front. That's mean we'll have one of Coutinhio and Sterling as backup.

Can and Allen are backup for the midfield. Also Coutinhio can play in the advanced midfield position as seen last season.

Mig

New RB
    New CB
    Sahko
    Enrique
    Flanagan/Wisdom Skrtel/Agger/Toure/Illori/Wisdom Moreno/Flanagan

Gerrard
    Can/Allen
    Lallana
    Hendo
    Allen/Coutinho

Coutinhio
    Sterling
    Markovic/Lallana/New signing

Sturridge
    Lambert

We should have strength in depth in nearly every position, goalie probably the glaring omission. Can/Markovic are the unknowns I suppose.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

£75M.

B-Rod statement:

Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers today issued the below statement following the announcement that an agreement has been reached with Barcelona for Luis Suarez to leave the club.

"Luis is a very special talent and I thank him for the role he has played in the team in the past two years, during my time at Liverpool.

"I think he would be the first to accept he has improved as a player over that period, along with the team and has benefited from being here, as we have benefited from him.

"The club have done all they can over a sustained period of time to try to keep Luis at Liverpool. It is with great reluctance and following lengthy discussions we have eventually agreed to his wishes to move to Spain for new experiences and challenges. We wish him and his young family well; we will always consider them to be friends.

"We are focused on the future, as we strive to continue with the progress we have made and build on last season's excellent Barclays Premier League campaign.

"I am confident we will improve the team further and will be stronger for this coming season, when we will be competing on all fronts; domestically and in the greatest club competition in the world, the Champions League.

"If there is one thing the history of this great club teaches us, it is that Liverpool FC is bigger than any individual. I hope our supporters continue to dream and believe that we are moving forward and with continued improvement and progression, together we will bring the success we all crave and deserve."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

He was amazing for us. I know some still feel he owed the club more but for me he repaid us in full. He was the maddest player, on the maddest team during the maddest season.

He's a genius and I hope he tears it up in Spain.

A girl I know is a big LFC/Barca fan.

She doesn't know if she's coming or going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Maybe because it's early and I'm quite groggy this morning, but have we been 'properly' linked with any RB so far this summer? If Johnson is.. ugh, staying, well I can't see a RB being brought in as things stand with him, Flanno, Wisdom and Kelly there. I wouldn't be upset if Flanno started the season as RB, but a bit like Johnson, I have this feeling he's more competent at LB than RB.

I agree on Flanno and GlenJo being better on the left than right.

I actually think that Wisdom could go on a be a very good option at right back and I don't think he is a poor going forward as some would have you believe.
    Admittedly I haven't seen much of him for Derby last year, so I'd be interested in knowing how he got on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

Thanks Luis, you crazy b@sterd!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Fieldog wrote: »
    B-Rod statement:

Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers today issued the below statement following the announcement that an agreement has been reached with Barcelona for Luis Suarez to leave the club.

"Luis is a very special talent and I thank him for the role he has played in the team in the past two years, during my time at Liverpool.

"I think he would be the first to accept he has improved as a player over that period, along with the team and has benefited from being here, as we have benefited from him.

"The club have done all they can over a sustained period of time to try to keep Luis at Liverpool. It is with great reluctance and following lengthy discussions we have eventually agreed to his wishes to move to Spain for new experiences and challenges. We wish him and his young family well; we will always consider them to be friends.

"We are focused on the future, as we strive to continue with the progress we have made and build on last season's excellent Barclays Premier League campaign.

"I am confident we will improve the team further and will be stronger for this coming season, when we will be competing on all fronts; domestically and in the greatest club competition in the world, the Champions League.

"If there is one thing the history of this great club teaches us, it is that Liverpool FC is bigger than any individual. I hope our supporters continue to dream and believe that we are moving forward and with continued improvement and progression, together we will bring the success we all crave and deserve."

God I love Brendan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,555 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

All of a sudden a statement comes out and Suarez is gone.

Bloody hell. I didn't see that coming. If only we'd had some sort of warning.

All the best, you brilliant freak.

• Advertisement

Somewhere up there 'The Mike 65' is going crazy in celebration after a season of sitting on his hands.......

or having one of those numb hand ****.

ssaye2 wrote: »
    BBC saying around £75M Sterling which is €94 mil
    http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/28180600

Trebled our money and he started out on 40k a week. We get stick for Carroll and rightly so but what a signing.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

murpho999 wrote: »
    All of a sudden a statement comes out and Suarez is gone.

Bloody hell. I didn't see that coming. If only we'd had some sort of warning.

People were warning last summer, they were shot down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

Suarez was great for us and I am glad he was able to play for us for the last 3.5 years.
    At least Rodgers has time now to bring in more new players.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Norwich have released a statement saying they're happy with the deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

Gutted today we lose Suarez, Chelsea have gained Costa and Cesc , Arsenal have Sanchez who do we sign Lambert we are a joke of club have we learnt nothing from the past years. It will be an even longer way back to the summit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,555 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Very sorry to see him go purely for his footballing abilities.

But £75m for a player at his age is a great price and I won't miss all the crap that came with him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

crybaby.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Just under £65m according to Balague. Sky news have something similar I think but still a few different ones being reported

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

We have lost great players in the past and moved forward. I was disappointed when we lost the likes of McManaman, Owen, Fowler, Torrres, Alonso. We will find a new player.
    Suarez had no interest in playing for us anymore it seems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Gutted today we lose Suarez, Chelsea have gained Costa and Cesc , Arsenal have Sanchez who do we sign Lambert we are a joke of club have we learnt nothing from the past years. It will be an even longer way back to the summit.

And United have Van Gaal. Looks like it's back to competing with Spurs & Everton for fifth place.

• Advertisement

I am glad he is gone to Barcelona but part of me wanted to see him at Madrid to watch the 'Ronnie' fans react.

I hope not, hopefully now this gives us more intent to buy better players, Suarez out of the picture we could be a better prospect to a certain type of player also - time will tell but I'm trying not to be a negative Nelly... :)

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    Just under £65m according to Balague. Sky news have something similar I think but still a few different ones being reported

He also said this which makes no sense.
    The figures of Suárez cost: clause was €100 milion. FCB paid €81. The sale of Alexis (€34.6+3 depending targets) helped reduce the cost

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Thanks for the memories Luis, prob the best player I've ever seen in a Liverpool shirt and I go back as far as mid 80's and some fantastic players!

Wish you every success in the future......just not with the club you have joined!

Sad, sad day for all of us! :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Gutted he's gone but it was inevitable. Totally irreplacable.

Hopefully Glen Johnson is next out the door now!

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

I guess we are back to last summer :rolleyes:

All the chat in here last year was about who everyone else had signed and how we'd be left behind, and in January how we had no chance of finishing in the top 4 because Liverpool made no signing, how did that work out again...

There's a lot of transfer window left and a whole season of football to be played, relax. Only time will tell what kind of season we'll have.

I guess we are back to last summer :rolleyes:

All the chat in here last year was about who everyone else had signed and how we'd be left behind, and in January how we had no chance of finishing in the top 4 because Liverpool made no signing, how did that work out again...

There's a lot of transfer window left and a whole season of football to be played, relax. Only time will tell what kind of season we'll have.

That bite really made a massive difference to perceptions. Place would have been in meltdown otherwise.

And think of the profit in player sales and drop in wages!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,954 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

His departure became official less than an hour ago, give the club some time. From what I've seen, the club have spent none of the Suarez money yet and plan on using a lot of it on transfers, that's a fair bit of money to spend after already adding extra depth to the squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭GotTheTshirt

I wish him nothing but success , he was simply incredible for us.

Barca to Anfield in the CL next season please football Gods!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement