Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 *mod warning linked in OP 26/07*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

spockety wrote: »
    When Suarez inevitably wins World Player of The Year at some point in the next few years, we will probably look back and think it's slightly unreal that he ever actually played for us.

He is going to go to stratospheric levels now.

Or he could bite Pepe in his first Clasico, You just never know :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

**** it anyway.........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

When Suarez inevitably wins World Player of The Year at some point in the next few years, we will probably look back and think it's slightly unreal that he ever actually played for us.

He is going to go to stratospheric levels now.

Will be difficult for him to win World Player of the Year while at the same club as Messi, I think. He would need to outscore him, which, although not impossible, will be difficult

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Connavar

Fescue wrote: »
    Name another striker who would be better than Bony and is a realistic target. i.e. not Benzema?

I've been wracking my brains, I can't think of one.
    Jackson Martinez

Its suarezistheman I feel sorry for

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Will be difficult for him to win World Player of the Year while at the same club as Messi, I think. He would need to outscore him, which, although not impossible, will be difficult

I think he will outshine Messi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Losing a sensational player that Liverpool helped him become like we did with Torres, Alonso, Mascherano etc. Tough decisions lie ahead for Brendan and the 'transfer committee' but we're still in a good way. Best of luck to Luis. We move on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

:rolleyes:

Name another striker who would be better than Bony and is a realistic target. i.e. not Benzema?

Balottelli

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

NukaCola wrote: »
    I thought he hanged it to Johnsonistheman?

Get it done already.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Fescue

Connavar wrote: »
    Jackson Martinez

I have heard mixed reports on Martinez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Yep, I would have him ahead of 'Ronnie' and slightly ahead of Clint....only the best in the world to beat.

Balottelli

Not trustworthy at all despite his talent.

Nice rolleyes, awesome.

I predict that within a year or two the first name on people's lips when they consider the best in the world will be Suarez before Messi or Ronaldo.

They should ban the use of roll eyes on boards. Too many people use it because they cant construct a decent argument to an opposite point of view.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,937 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Jackson Martinez would be a good shout.

But I really don't see Brendan Rodgers wanting a Marquee name to be honest.

I think he will be looking for very good players who won't mind being droped to the bench and understand that it is a squad game.

Rotation rotation rotation and he will bring in players who will understand and except this.

Not trustworthy at all despite his talent.

That wasn't your question though :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Pilsbury Doughboy

I can imagine this to be the reaction of all premier league defenders, and of course Man Utd fans to the news of Suarez leaving.

partying.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 677 ✭✭✭FernandoTorres

Yeah, what the hell was he thinking!....

• Advertisement

BsQ1FhMIcAAJsBo.jpg:medium

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,724 ✭✭✭Cartman78

They should ban the use of roll eyes on boards. Too many people use it because they cant construct a decent argument to an opposite point of view.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

I should have simply posted this in the United thread when you were rambling on about Reus to United, tbf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

I know you're a Liverpool fan and that's a typo but you might want to edit that before some gob****e reports it.

yup i am a liverpool fan, someone must have edited it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

Yeah, well, I've unfollowed him now on Twitter, that'll learn him.

I'll sit tight. The legion of doom are wailing and this place will be a morgue for a few days no doubt. I'm glad we had him, we got some amount of goals and thrills and made 50m quid, could be worse.

We need to try and another unfinished diamond now. The sanchez carry on should help adjust some silly expectations, just because we love the club doesnt mean that some random superstars do. Location and huge contracts count. We have to look at the unfinished article and mould them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I know you're a Liverpool fan and that's a typo but you might want to edit that before some gob****e reports it.
    mada999 wrote: »
    yup i am a liverpool fan, someone must have edited it

twas me, I knew what you meant. :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭viper006

Are you actually kidding me? So you can't think of one replacement bar bony . Sturridge gets injured and we have Lambert and bony up forward and your happy with that. We need a striker with pace who can create and score, good with his feet and can press defenders hard like suarez did.. Bony is not that. If we confine our main transfer dealing to Southampton and Swansea this season we are fooked.

Sanchez would have been perfect but that's gone. We clearly were in the mix for him so can't understand the thought of bony replacing suarez. The guy is too slow and looks so clumsy at times. For money we would be playing he will Def be a starter and cud mean having to push Sturridge wide.

With the money we have now the world is our oyster striker wise.. Looking a few miles down the road to Swansea for a target man kind of striker is just crazy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Does anyone have a video I seen a while back of Aspas trying (and failing miserably) to chip balls into a bin at training? The link I previously seen was taken down now I can't find it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

I can imagine this to be the reaction of all premier league defenders, and of course Man Utd fans to the news of Suarez leaving.

partying.gif

Thanks for the special mention babe. Always appreciated x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

cheers lads :)

BsQ1FhMIcAAJsBo.jpg:medium

8escf.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Can we please put in a huge bid for Marco Reus?

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Paj

Can we please put in a huge bid for Marco Reus?

what would be the point?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Pilsbury Doughboy

TheTownie wrote: »
    Thanks for the special mention babe. Always appreciated x

It's the truth though, who can blame yous though, Suarez was that good. x

viper006 wrote: »
    Are you actually kidding me? So you can't think of one replacement bar bony . Sturridge gets injured and we have Lambert and bony up forward and your happy with that. We need a striker with pace who can create and score, good with his feet and can press defenders hard like suarez did.. Bony is not that. If we confine our main transfer dealing to Southampton and Swansea this season we are fooked.

Sanchez would have been perfect but that's gone. We clearly were in the mix for him so can't understand the thought of bony replacing suarez. The guy is too slow and looks so clumsy at times. For money we would be playing he will Def be a starter and cud mean having to push Sturridge wide.

With the money we have now the world is our oyster striker wise.. Looking a few miles down the road to Swansea for a target man kind of striker is just crazy.

So who do you suggest? I'm probably just showing my limited knowledge so if you have some names I'm all ears.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭bicboy6666

anyone else think suarez will struggle (by his standards) in barca? him neymar and messi.. all of those 3 players need a club where they are the top dog

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

so long Luis, it's been magic, don't screw it up with them teeth again please

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Connavar

bicboy6666 wrote: »
    anyone else think suarez will struggle (by his standards) in barca? him neymar and messi.. all of those 3 players need a club where they are the top dog
    Will definitely be an interesting one alright. Could see how much better neymar looked when playing as the main man with Brazil

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I've got the answer to yere problems, fill a big bag of money, send it to SW6 and we'll give ye Moses and Mikel, in fact forget the bag of money just send a bus fare down and we'll call it quits.

Lambert and Bony scored over 40 goals between them last season ?

Plus we'd still have Sterling

Just Saying.

Also its just speculation on Bony

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

bicboy6666 wrote: »

Neither Messi or Suarez have ever stuck me as having that type of personality.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Hotfail.com

viper006 wrote: »

...is Sanchez even a striker?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Paj wrote: »
    what would be the point?

What's the point in any of this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,721 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

any chance of dzeko?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Hotfail.com

Anyone wrote: »

Messi is supposed to be the most arrogant yoke you'll ever come across.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭McSasquatch II

He's the greatest player I've seen play in person in my lifetime. Absolutely gutted. Not looking forward to next seaon at all; not because we're weaker, or because our supposed targets aren't good enough etc etc... It's simply because we just won't have that magnificent bastard running amok in the famous red. "A privilige" is right.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭bicboy6666

Anyone wrote: »

Ah now.. Suarez is one greedy f***er

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

8escf.gif

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭viper006

So who do you suggest? I'm probably just showing my limited knowledge so if you have some names I'm all ears.

Canvani, Falcao, Bendtner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Can we go nuts and spend it all on Rodriguez ,he must be sick of the french weather and food by now

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭McSasquatch II

Can we go nuts and spend it all on Rodriguez ,he must be sick of the french weather and food by now

I also heard he's desperate to pay tax as well.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement