Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 *mod warning linked in OP 26/07*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Fescue

viper006 wrote: »
    Canvani, Falcao, Bendtner

Cavani is ungettable I'd say.

Falcao is worth a shot but I think he's heading to Real.

I'm assuming you put Bendtner in for the laugh, I hope so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭0028673

Can we go nuts and spend it all on Rodriguez ,he must be sick of the french weather and food by now

ah yeah but his hardly sick of the French fanny :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Doesn't Negrado want out of City?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Don't worry. Its not going to happen, lads.

No pics of him leaning.

Until he is shown leaning against something in a Barca shirt, i refuse to believe it:(

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Both Rodriguez and Reus have said it themselves they are not leaving, and their respective clubs are adamant neither are for sale.

I've been mocking Arsenal and Man U supporting mates of mine who genuinely believed they would be signing Reus (I even stand to win a few hundred come September from goading them into bets over it!), so please, just stop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Any credible rumours on the transfer fee for Suarez?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Doesn't Negrado want out of City?

No chance we'll get Yaya AND Negrado.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Oak76 wrote: »
    I also heard he's desperate to pay tax as well.

If you're interested in that sort of player, your best bet is to wait until Madrid buy him and grab Isco off the endless conveyor belt of world class players booted out the door.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,937 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Stevan Jovetic at City could be another shout for a wing/forward he didn't get much game time last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

5live wrote: »
    Don't worry. Its not going to happen, lads.

No pics of him leaning.

Until he is shown leaning against something in a Barca shirt, i refuse to believe it:(

I still think we just sold them this guy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭Thud

bicboy6666 wrote: »
    anyone else think suarez will struggle (by his standards) in barca? him neymar and messi.. all of those 3 players need a club where they are the top dog

I'm putting a bet on Suarez to bite Messi with the next year and doubling it with Davids Moyes to be Barca manager by 2016

Stevan Jovetic at City could be another shout for a wing/forward he didn't get much game time last season.

Would love him here (was my top choice for Dortmund last summer), though like with El Shaaaaaaaarway, his injury plagued season worries me.

Isn't he a sick note?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭viper006

Fescue wrote: »
    Cavani is ungettable I'd say.

Falcao is worth a shot but I think he's heading to Real.

I'm assuming you put Bendtner in for the laugh, I hope so.

Id be happy with Bony behind Suarez and Daniel but not a hope as a replacement for Suarez. With the transfer fee and wages suarez was on almost any striker in the world can be considered really. I hope we look further afield than swansea for the answer.

Anyone wrote: »
    No chance we'll get Yaya AND Negrado.

We could probably get Aguero on the cheap too after the shocking World Cup he has had.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I think we should sign Marco Reus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

We'll sell you Danny Welbeck for the right price, £50 million should do it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Who gets the 50 million?

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Connavar

10mil plus welbeck for aspas

So as things stand we look something like this up front:

Sturridge
    Markovich--Coutinho--Sterling
    Henderson--Gerrard

Markovich, Coutinho and Lallana are all about equal in my eyes and any combination of them is grand.
    Lallana can also cover deeper positons so him, Allen and Can are enough bodies to do the trick.

It certainly lacks the pure quality of Suarez though.

If that's the sort of way we're playing, there's plenty of room to get another top quality wide attacker. Lambert and Borini is enough cover for Sturridge.

If Brendan wants to persist with the diamond, we need another top quality striker.

I don't think we can afford both and still get the defensive reinforcements we need.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,954 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

No matter who we sign, he won't be good enough as "a replacement for Suarez". I think everyone needs to get over that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

you avin a laff? £65m or you can keep him

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Daniel and Daniel would make a lovely couple.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

No matter who we sign, he won't be good enough as "a replacement for Suarez". I think everyone needs to get over that.

Well that and the fact the replacement is already in the in the squad . Step forward mr. Sturrigde it's your time to shine .

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭NyOmnishambles

Though expected this news makes me a Sad Panda

Shall wait and see who we get before the end of the window and set expectations then

But one thing is certain, no matter who we get in I will bloody miss the little mentalist

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,937 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Would love him here (was my top choice for Dortmund last summer), though like with El Shaaaaaaaarway, his injury plagued season worries me.
    Turtyturd wrote: »
    Isn't he a sick note?

He did have hamstring problems last season.

It might be a reason we could get him on the cheap. He would be a player who suits the system we play and at 23/4 if he could stay injury free he really could turn into a bargain.

But for a guy who has pace and hamstring problems it would be a risk alright.

I think that poster saying Giroud was better than Sturridge yesterday got Sturridge and Welbz mixed up..........that's embarrassing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Knex. wrote: »
    Who gets the 50 million?

Spurs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Thud wrote: »
    I'm putting a bet on Suarez to bite Messi with the next year and doubling it with Davids Moyes to be Barca manager by 2016

You obviously hate money so why not send me some instead? I'll put it to good use and won't buy pot with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Connavar wrote: »
    10mil plus welbeck for aspas

You value aspas at 60 million?

Welbeck has the all round better hair than Sturridge and is proven to score every time he goes out in Manchester, which would probably increase in Liverpool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Gbear wrote: »
    So as things stand we look something like this up front:

Sturridge
    Markovich--Coutinho--Sterling
    Henderson--Gerrard

Markovich, Coutinho and Lallana are all about equal in my eyes and any combination of them is grand.
    Lallana can also cover deeper positons so him, Allen and Can are enough bodies to do the trick.

It certainly lacks the pure quality of Suarez though.

If that's the sort of way we're playing, there's plenty of room to get another top quality wide attacker. Lambert and Borini is enough cover for Sturridge.

If Brendan wants to persist with the diamond, we need another top quality striker.

I don't think we can afford both and still get the defensive reinforcements we need.

Have we signed Markovic?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Pilsbury Doughboy

TheTownie wrote: »
    Daniel and Daniel would make a lovely couple.
    TheTownie wrote: »
    Thanks for the special mention babe. Always appreciated x

I'm beginning to see a trend to your posts!

brows.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 380 ✭✭c_o_ck p_i_ss chillage

SilenceOfTheLambs.jpg

Reus isn't an unrealistic target per se. Dortmund aren't likely to win anything much again in the next few years and we have more money than they do.

But the stars would have to align to make the 10 or so clubs that are more attractive than us not interested in signing him.

I'd like to at least hear that we're interested in him. It would at least show we have ambition. If a club with more money or a more cemented position in Europe's elite pipped us, then that's the way it goes.

It's a sad day that we all knew was coming it still hit like a ton of bricks when statements were released by LFC & Suarez
    His dragged us back to the Champions League and that's more than I could have wished for this time last year and he was the driving force behind the most insane Premiership challenges I've ever seen..

Thanks for the memories Luis

YNWA

• Advertisement

Have we signed Markovic?

More or less.

Even if we don't, we'll be looking at another £20m winger.

His name is a placeholder for the kind of player he is, if it turns out we don't get him.

Reus isn't an unrealistic target per se. Dortmund aren't likely to win anything much again in the next few years and we have more money than they do.

But the stars would have to align to make the 10 or so clubs that are more attractive than us not interested in signing him.

I'd like to at least hear that we're interested in him. It would at least show we have ambition. If a club with more money or a more cemented position in Europe's elite pipped us, then that's the way it goes.

Ah here now..

zWqv5AB.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

A lot of the German lads strike me as the type who aren't too pushed about leaving their country, even if they could make better money elsewhere. Draxler, Reus, Hummels etc could have left by now if they wanted to but are happy where they are, or would prefer to move to another team (Bayern I guess) in the Bundesliga.

It's something I respect and it's nice to see that money and exotic lands isn't the be all and end all for every modern football player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

0028673 wrote: »
    It's a sad day that we all knew was coming it still hit like a ton of bricks when statements were released by LFC & Suarez
    His dragged us back to the Champions League and that's more than I could have wished for this time last year and he was the driving force behind the most insane Premiership challenges I've ever seen..

Thanks for the memories Luis

YNWA

I don't think it's a sad day at all . It's bot nice to loose talent like Suarez but at the end of the day he has been angling for a move for at least a year .
    So I don't think it should hit anyone like a tonne of bricks that he is leaving .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

If we sign Markovic, we will have a complete set with him and Countihno. The Count and the Countess.
    Might just go for Zak Knight as well. Also would solve our centre-back dilemma.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Fescue

BsREp_HCYAAWyEA.jpg:large

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

What a b*tch of a day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

I'd say they're more likely than Liverpool to win things. Better squad, they've won things in the last few years, and they're replacing their players quite well (Immobile in for Lewandowski).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

I'm beginning to see a trend to your posts!

gif

Wow two posts. You work hard on that one. :P

I don't think it's a sad day at all . It's bot nice to loose talent like Suarez but at the end of the day he has been angling for a move for at least a year .
    So I don't think it should hit anyone like a tonne of bricks that he is leaving .

Don't get me wrong we all knew it was coming but the thought of not seeing him tormenting defenders for us next year kills me so yeah it's hitting me hard today because I don't think we're going to have a player of his quality for a long time.

In my lifetime his the best player to wear the red of LFC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

GoBackintimeandgetayoungkennydalglish

Coutinho
    SomeGuyIveNeverHeardof
    Sterling

As long as we are doing this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Was just going to post the same thing, but thought I'd read back on what was said.
    We shouldn't look to replace one player, with that money it should be another striker + strengthen everywhere else that needs it too.

I hope we go about it like Spurs who seemed to line up replacements before offloading Bale, but not so far as replicate their failures.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Pilsbury Doughboy

Surely it should be c_o_ck P_ss Partridge?

Edit that was aimed at C_o_ck P_ss chillage!

I'd say they're more likely than Liverpool to win things. Better squad, they've won things in the last few years, and they're replacing their players quite well (Immobile in for Lewandowski).

I think it's much of a muchness.

They finished 19 pts behind Bayern (and that was with Bayern not bothering with the last quarter of the season). Bayern just nicked their star striker who was the top scorer in the league last season.

Maybe they've a shout of winning the German cup but they're simply not going to win the league and, after being right up there a couple of seasons ago, they've lost 2 of their 3 best players and it's very unlikely they'll win the CL.

The sheer impotence they must be feeling, after being so good and then being looted by Bayern, must be infuriating.

I can't see us winning a whole lot either, tbh, but it's not like he's much chance in losing out if he leaves Dortmund.
    His love of playing for the club or in the Bundesliga or a bunch of other factors might, but it wouldn't be him sacrificing success for the sake of a pay day.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement