Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 *mod warning linked in OP 26/07*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

The irony of the Daily Mail calling anybody racist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,517 ✭✭✭fliball123

Bony has a 1 in 2 record for Swansea and over the course of his career, 25 years old.

would prefer Michu he would integrate better into Liverpool front line and can come and play as an attacking midfielder aswell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

Jackson Martinez? Personally haven't seen much of him but his record looks good and I've heard great things about him.

28 in october.
    Bony has a 1 in 2 record for Swansea and over the course of his career, 25 years old.

26 in december.

ideally want someone who doesn't turn 24/25 until the new year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,937 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I said it before I don't care that he is a mercenary I don't care that he is 30 I don't care that he hates England.

Tevez is the man needed for now to replace Suarez.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

I said it before I don't care that he is a mercenary I don't care that he is 30 I don't care that he hates England.

No thanks, one volatile character has just left, we don't need another who'll throw his toys out of the pram on a whim.

People need to get away from the idea of replacing like for like, it's just not possible. Rodgers is clearly revamping the attack across the board and needs to be backed to do that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

He might care about those things though.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Gbear wrote: »
    I think it's much of a muchness.

They finished 19 pts behind Bayern (and that was with Bayern not bothering with the last quarter of the season). Bayern just nicked their star striker who was the top scorer in the league last season.

Maybe they've a shout of winning the German cup but they're simply not going to win the league and, after being right up there a couple of seasons ago, they've lost 2 of their 3 best players and it's very unlikely they'll win the CL.

The sheer impotence they must be feeling, after being so good and then being looted by Bayern, must be infuriating.

I can't see us winning a whole lot either, tbh, but it's not like he's much chance in losing out if he leaves Dortmund.
    His love of playing for the club or in the Bundesliga or a bunch of other factors might, but it wouldn't be him sacrificing success for the sake of a pay day.

I'm wanting to be polite here, as I do for the most part like your posts, but what you are saying is the equivalent of those fools that are saying Liverpool choked down the stretch. The likes of the Daily Fail and people who don't even watch the Bundesliga would believe.

I can't be arsed to look for it myself, but it's there, I wrote a very lengthy piece (even for my standards) on Dortmund's season and aspirations in the Bundesliga thread that I'd recommend checking out.
    Gandalph wrote: »
    Am I the only one who thinks Markovic looks pants?

Based on what?
    So Suarez was Barca's second choice after Reus.

Dortmund wouldn't deal with Barca.

Not sure if it's just twitter or if there is truth to it.

Edit found this.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/488170/Marco-Reus-FURIOUS-with-Barcelona-for-ruining-Man-Utd-chance-by-chasing-Luis-Suarez

Express is a tabloid pretending to be a broadsheet, most certainly the sports section. They regurgitate many of the tabloids rumors over the past year.
    viper006 wrote: »
    Tevez would be a great replacement for suarez. Seems to not like the UK though.

And he's near 31 years old.

What about debruyne the Belgium lad who was with chelsea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

The idea of losing out on Sanchez, then losing Suarez and then being linked to Bony is so bad its almost hilarious......i mean, not that he's a bad player or anything its just ****ing depressing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Fescue

The way I look at it, with Suarez gone, we are unlikely to play with two strikers this season. It will be back to a 4-3-3 type of system in my opinion. In that scenario you must decide if Sturridge is the main striker at the club and trust him to lead the line. We need another quality player who can come and and fill Sturridge shoes when he is out. I'm not sure Lambert is that guy. Bony would be happy to fill this role in my opinion. He may even force his way into the team ahead of Sturridge at times. Coming off the bench he offers something different.

If Sturridge misses games through injury I think you can rely on Bony to get you goals.

• Advertisement

NukaCola wrote: »
    The idea of losing out on Sanchez, then losing Suarez and then being linked to Bony is so bad its almost hilarious......i mean, not that he's a bad player or anything its just ****ing depressing.

I would hedge bets when replacing..Debruyne, Cuadrado, Ben Arfa and El Shawarray ... go for all 4 hopefully 1/2 even 3 stick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

BsRSXP5CAAAJ2zG.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,937 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Turtyturd wrote: »
    He might care about those things though.

Pay him enough and I'd say he would forget about hating England part. Hence the mercenary part.

For workrate and will to win he really is the the only other player I can think that comes anywhere close Suarez once he is on the pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

The Bony thing worries me. He doesn't suit our style of play and he isn't a creative player. Might as well get Peter Crouch back if we want a target man. I'm hoping Brendan Rodgers has more class and nous than buying Bony but right now it sounds like he wants to move to Liverpool and it could get wrapped up pretty quickly.

There's no arguing with Bonys scoring record. But that doesn't mean he's the right fit for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭0028673

Have we bid for Bony or something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

rarnes1 wrote: »

No, theres possibly nothing at all to it, just the thought is kinda depressing.......

Smokescreen wile we go for Reus.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

0028673 wrote: »

The Daily Mail just use Mario to show a bit of Fanny :pac:

• Advertisement

No, theres possibly nothing at all to it, just the thought is kinda depressing.......

Early days yet

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    The Daily Mail just use Mario to show a bit of Fanny :pac:

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Smokescreen wile we go for Reus.

Are we buying Reus? Excellent. Has somebody told Nuri?

Meh....he doesn't even watch the Bundesliga.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

I dont think so. I'll pm him there. In fact we should all pm him. Just in case like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

anyone know what number suarez will be? i saw a store in barcelona having him as number 9 last week but you can never be too sure. im buying a knock off jersey for my nephew and would like to order it today

• Advertisement

Swansea chairman is letting off steam about us approaching Bony behind their back. Can't blame him if this is true

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-not-permission-talk-wilfried-3842803

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

MarkY91 wrote: »
    anyone know what number suarez will be? i saw a store in barcelona having him as number 9 last week but you can never be too sure. im buying a knock off jersey for my nephew and would like to order it today

Yep its number 9

Swansea chairman is letting off steam about us approaching Bony behind their back. Can't blame him if this is true

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-not-permission-talk-wilfried-3842803

Well thats all the confirmation you need that the interest in Bony is real.

Bet Dave Whelan told him.

****ing snitch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Fescue wrote: »
    Well thats all the confirmation you need that the interest in Bony is real.

He could be reacting to the speculation. Certainly sounds like he hasn't a clue about any contact.

The first person I read mentioning it was a Talksport journo. There was a webchat yesterday with James Pearce of the Echo and he explicitly said he had heard nothing about a move for Bony.

I heard Dave Whelan once broke his leg..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Surprised Whelan hasn't claimed to have moved for Suarez from Ajax before we did now that he's off to Barca.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Hotfail.com

If Rodgers wants Bony he obviously has a reason why and I've full confidence that Rodgers knows what he's doing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

The Daily Fail showing it's classlessness again.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/index.html

Hahahah. Holy f*ck, they're taking it harder than we are!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

K9.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Sappy404 wrote: »
    He could be reacting to the speculation. Certainly sounds like he hasn't a clue about any contact.

The first person I read mentioning it was a Talksport journo. There was a webchat yesterday with James Pearce of the Echo and he explicitly said he had heard nothing about a move for Bony.

I was thinking that, or was it Balotelli definitely ruled out?

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

razorblunt wrote: »
    K9.

:rolleyes:

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

I remember my Dad telling me when Keegan left pool fans were in pieces saying he'd never be replaced.

That Dalglish lad did alright though :)

If we're thinking of spunking £25m on Lovren who I do rate but not at that price, why not try a bid for Varane.

Varane & Sakho would be a serious partnership. Varane has had limited appearances in the last 2 years his only 21 and his such a talent. I know the stars would really have to align for us to bag a player of his quality but it's surely worth a go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

razorblunt wrote: »
    K9.

hahahaha that was a good one. im stealing that :D

hahahaha that was a good one. im stealing that :D

Bit low stealing his nephews jersey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

If we're thinking of spunking £25 on Lovren who I do rate but not at that price, why not try a bid for Varane.

Varane & Sakho would be a serious partnership. Varane has had limited appearances in the last 2 years his only 21 and his such a talent. I know the stars would really have to align for us to bag a player of his quality but it's surely worth a go.

I think Lovren is worth a bit more than that! :pac:

25m is way too much for him though. Whatever way you look at it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Anyone wrote: »
    The irony of the Daily Mail calling anybody racist.

I know...not much self awareness at that rag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

I remember my Dad telling me when Keegan left pool fans were in pieces saying he'd never be replaced.

That Dalglish lad did alright though :)

I was 9 and absolutely gutted when i heard he was going to Hamburg but i was delighted Dalglish came in.

And every other teams fans laughed that he wasn't worth 440k.

Bargain he was, that lad:-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,555 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I heard Suarez has changed his daughter's name from Delfina to Pomcuna.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

If we're thinking of spunking £25m on Lovren who I do rate but not at that price, why not try a bid for Varane.

By the time Real Madrid finished laughing at us the transfer window would probably shut.

When are people going to realise that a lot of things have to come together for a transfer to work out. Club has to want to sell, Madrid dont. Player has to want to move, Varane wont want to leave Madrid for Liverpool and is getting game time. Will he make more money at Liverpool? Probably not.

The only way he would even make mildly positive noises about Liverpool would be to get a few more zeros added to his contract.

Time to be realistic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

I am pie wrote: »
    By the time Real Madrid finished laughing at us the transfer window would probably shut.

When are people going to realise that a lot of things have to come together for a transfer to work out. Club has to want to well, Madrid dont. Player has to want to move, Varane wont want to leave Madrid for Liverpool and is getting game time. Will he make more money at Liverpool? Probably not.

The only way he would even make mildly positive noises about Liverpool would be to get a few more zeros added to his contract.

Time to be realistic.

Real Madrid have Ramos and pepe . If varane was going to become a first teamer as soon as he signed then why wouldn't he make the move ?
    At the end of the day it's down to the club and staff to sell the project to potential players . Some players can be interested in a project and others move for the money .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

This day was always coming. When you're scoring the volume of goals with the quality he's been showing, Barca and Real will take notice. While I don't want to see him go, I am not as annoyed about it as I was last Summer, when he was nearly set to leave despite showing only a fraction of what he should have for us. The fact that he earned his stripes for us and helped get us into the Champions League at least shows that he was willing to give something back to the club that persisted with him. I think £75M for him is a bargain though. It's not a case of if Barcelona win the Champions League, it's a case of how many winners medals that Suarez will pick up. For that, and the prestige that he will bring to Barcelona, he will easily make his fee back.

The question for Liverpool is where next. I see already that some people are trying to adapt to life without Suarez by downplaying his role. For me, if the right reinforcements aren't brought in this Summer, then we're going to slip out of the CL spot. Man City and Chelsea practically have a slot each by default. Arsenal while weakening over the last few years have still always managed to hang onto their spot. Finally, with United strengthening, anyone who thinks we don't have a battle on our hands is delusional.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Gutted.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement