Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 *mod warning linked in OP 26/07*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

5live wrote: »
    Scouting Reus...and Messi...

Its gotta be Messi because Reus isn't in the German wc squad :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Reports popping up that the Markovic deal is done and dusted, and that he has signed a five year contract.

25m euro is the fee being mentioned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,297 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

BBC 1 now for a program on Alan Hansen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Hotfail.com

I'll have to unlike Suarez on Facebook... That profile picture breaks my heart...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭Supraman

Sad to see Luis Suarez depart Liverpool . No doubt he dragged the club through the mud . There's no way of condoning some of his antics . That said Barca in my eyes have got an absolute bargain. Guaranteed a born winner , a guy with unmatched tenacity. He has imagination like few others in the modern game and the ability to pull off what's in his imagination like a very select few .

Suarez won't/can't be directly replaced by Liverpool . Regardless of who comes in no single player will have the same impact or create the same fear in opposition teams. Liverpool were very close to winning the league last year but realistically a rejuvenated Barca will offer him a much better chance of success. I'd have loved if he stayed ... Liverpool was only ever a step on the ladder in getting to Barca/Real . He was never ever going to be "loyal" to the club despite standing by him etc. That selfish streak that made so many of us love him as a player also came to back to haunt Liverpool with his ambition clouding whatever loyalty he may have had for the club.

Having looked at the video of his goals it's harder to take in that he is gone. I do wish him well though . For the first time in many years as an LFC supporter there was a genuine belief that our side was one of if not the best side in league. He was a major part of that . For that I thank him.

Luis Suarez very definitely the good the bad and the ugly. Adios .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,890 ✭✭✭✭klose

Im as distraught as the next fan over surarez but I am as ever hopefully optimistic, I think Lallanna will settle in no problem, can should give us a good option in midfield and hopefully a bit of steel too (he looks a bit of a unit) Lambert will be a good back up striker. Markovic is by all accounts a good player now with apparent ridiculous potential, have only seen an odd game or two but he fits the bill of a mobile quick attacker.
    I think moreno is still on the cards and would be a quality addition, some people are baulking at the notion of him but i also think lovren will be a good addition too, if he hands in a transfer request it might knock a couple ofquid off his fee too.

Leaving us with a starting eleven (of which there are many variants)

mig
    RB---Lovren--sakho--moreno
    gerrard
    ----hendo
    coutinho
    markovic--sturridge---sterling

Rb is an issue, i am interested to see how wisdom fares and if kelly gets another chance, looks like johnson is staying unfortunately. The attackers are pacey and interchangeable with even more on the bench, next season will be a test of our squad so there will be plenty of games for everyone. Think lucas and agger will be the most senior players who will leave, few promising players to go out on loan too. Not a star studded team, but still a very good one on paper. I would still expect a few others to come in on top of it too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Bony 20 million is a no brainer a quality footballer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Suarez scored 11 PL goals in his first full season in the PL.

Bony scored 16 PL goals in his first full season in the PL.

Disclaimer; I am not for one minute suggesting that Bony is a better player than Suarez just merely pointing out the facts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Suarez is a Boxer. Other players are lab retrievers, loyal, debendable, wee dotes, Suarez is the bull dog, Coutinho, Sturridge and Lallana are the wee terriors.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,937 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Gerrard as right back?

Then a midfield three from Can, Henderson, Lallana, Coutinho, Allen and A another.

Front three from Sterling, Markovic, Sturridge, Lambert, A another.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

K-9 wrote: »
    Suarez is a Boxer. Other players are lab retrievers, loyal, debendable, wee dotes, Suarez is the bull dog, Coutinho, Sturridge and Lallana are the wee terriors.

Victor Moses is the dog you get a loan of but you send back to its owner because it's not worth a fcuk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Gotta love IndiKalia...

indykaila News ‏@indykaila 8m
    @TonyEvansTimes We like to bring something up, your paper (Times) is using our story tonight without giving our reporters any credit. Poor.

Tony Evans ‏@TonyEvansTimes 5m
    @indykaila OK. What story?

indykaila News ‏@indykaila 3m
    @TonyEvansTimes Tony, The whole Suarez saga. We don't mind your paper using our sources but at least credit us. Fair is fair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I thought Rodgers established that they were all Chihuahuas? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,816 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Suarez is a huge loss.
    When you look at the team now you see how bare and lacking in top quality it is. Gerrard is a year older. At the back I still don't think we have a world class player. From the goalkeeper across the back 4 none of them are world class. I haven't seen Lallana play for Soton so can't really comment. I saw him play for England and he looked confident without standing out. I think you need that self confidence when moving to a bigger club. I hope we can get in at least one top player or someone similar to Suarez when we bought him, whatever position.
    It could be a lean year, similar to Spurs buying in lots of players just below the level needed and missing out on Champions League football. Hopefully some of the signings will turn out well. Even if the club could build a good defence over the season it would help. I fear Mignolet is not upto the required level so it will be interesting how the season works out. Hopefully another player will emerge from the academy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

BBC 1 now for a program on Alan Hansen

About 10 minutes ago.
    Did ya see the miss by Kenny when Hansen put it on a plate for him:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

We have €95m euro to spend on players, this is a massively important summer for LFC. Ayre better not fcuk up the spend we can have this summer

We have €95m euro to spend on players, this is a massively important summer for LFC. Ayre better not fcuk up the spend we can have this summer

€95m after already spending close to €50, we'll have some depth for the new season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

I hope it's a dirty protest. Piss and **** everywhere.

Ouch. Bobby Sands, Hughes etc. Lfc was always sympathetic to the Hunger Strikers, same as they were to the miners etc. I wouldn't be a fan of the hunger strikers (long story.) or Liverpool council in the early 80's, but as individuals, brave, brave men.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Charlie19 wrote: »
    €95m after already spending close to €50, we'll have some depth for the new season.

We've really only got Lallana for that 50m, need more players of that or better quality.
    If kadheira(sp?) is free, we should go after him. We need extra protection in front of our back 4

• Advertisement

Why do we still have Ayre!?!? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,937 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

For all the commercial sales and money he brings in which in fairness he does an amazing job at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Ouch. Bobby Sands, Hughes etc. Lfc was always sympathetic to the Hunger Strikers, same as they were to the miners etc. I wouldn't be a fan of the hunger strikers (long story.) or Liverpool council in the early 80's, but as individuals, brave, brave men.

I don't think Kerrigooney was making any sort of link there. What he said was completely unrelated to that dirty protest.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

10385313_10152552403559138_7841692554340474124_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

His wages are low.

Think of all the money saved

For all the commercial sales and money he brings in which in fairness he does an amazing job at.

This.
    I still trust the man to do a job, not sure we missed out on somebody because of him yet that we regret not signing, but between our scouts, the Rodgers and Are, heck of a lot of work to do now Suarez is gone.
    First thing that needs to be done, a replacement for Gerard and Skrtel. Skrtel is an immediate issue, Gerard we have to replace within 12 months, better start now

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

I don't think Kerrigooney was making any sort of link there. What he said was completely unrelated to that dirty protest.

No I wasn't trying to make any kind of link.

This.
    I still trust the man to do a job, not sure we missed out on somebody because of him yet that we regret not signing, but between our scouts, the Rodgers and Are, heck of a lot of work to do now Suarez is gone.
    First thing that needs to be done, a replacement for Gerard and Skrtel. Skrtel is an immediate issue, Gerard we have to replace within 12 months, better start now

Skrtel was arguably our best defender last season, scary but true. Id rather spend any money available for defenders, on a RB.

Still think Rodgers will go with Gerrard as the holding MF so he'll probably only bring in more attackers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,954 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

5QR2S3E.jpg

That marquee enough?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,051 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

5QR2S3E.jpg

That marquee enough?

It's a pretty big jersey, but i'm not sure if it's marquee sized...

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Wonder if our lads will be Cavs fans now -_-

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

anyone remember that time people on this site thought ba and enrique were better signings than suarez...;) http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=76066783

rossie1977 wrote: »
    anyone remember that time people on this site thought ba and enrique were better signings than suarez...;) http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=76066783

I remember seeing an Everton forum saying Jelavic is and always will be a better player than Suarez :p

rossie1977 wrote: »
    anyone remember that time people on this site thought ba and enrique were better signings than suarez...;)

Ah in fairness back then that was a fair enough assertion, Ba was a beast with Newcastle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

we still havent signed Benzema?????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Anyone seen Jovetic play? Any decent? Could be a decent shout...I remember people saying he had huge potential before his move to City

Anyone seen Jovetic play? Any decent? Could be a decent shout...I remember people saying he had huge potential before his move to City

Was apparently a brilliant player at Fiorentina, too many injuries last season for my liking, almost no game time

Was apparently a brilliant player at Fiorentina, too many injuries last season for my liking, almost no game time

muck

All I know is that Benitez blames the disaster of 2009-10 on Gillett and Hicks' refusal to buy him..

I haven't seen enough of him myself to comment tbh.

muck

Jovetic, muck?

Hardly. Or is this continuing on from Vanolder calling Tevez muck? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 116 ✭✭Lostman1990

95 million euro....I'd take it and run. For a player who has never shown an ounce of loyalty to the club. I'm just shocked that more Liverpool fans are not angry with him. Last year, he publicly demeaned Liverpool. Talked about needing Champions League football and challenging for honours. He had that at Liverpool now. He gave a half-assed apology to fans and "signed" a bumper new contract saying how happy he was. But still the lack of loyalty was there. Another release clause...There is no doubt that he was a world class player. But some comments saying he is irreplaceable are nonsense. These type of players are always replaceable. Constantly destabilizing the club...It is always better to have these types of players gone. You very rarely heard this type of nonsense at Old Trafford under Ferguson. And they were a team of world class players.

• Advertisement

The times he has come on though, I think he's grabbed a few...not sure of the stats but a lot of appearances as a sub.
    All I know is that Benitez blames the disaster of 2009-10 on Gillett and Hicks' refusal to buy him..

I haven't seen enough of him myself to comment tbh.

We could've signed a lot of quality players during the H&G disaster :(

95 million euro....I'd take it and run. For a player who has never shown an ounce of loyalty to the club. I'm just shocked that more Liverpool fans are not angry with him. Last year, he publicly demeaned Liverpool. Talked about needing Champions League football and challenging for honours. He had that at Liverpool now. He gave a half-assed apology to fans and "signed" a bumper new contract saying how happy he was. But still the lack of loyalty was there. Another release clause...There is no doubt that he was a world class player. But some comments saying he is irreplaceable are nonsense. These type of players are always replaceable. Constantly destabilizing the club...It is always better to have these types of players gone. You very rarely heard this type of nonsense at Old Trafford under Ferguson. And they were a team of world class players.

anigif_enhanced-4372-1404930835-3.gif

Don't speak ill of the departed.
    And as for the United stuff...where to start

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

Gerrard as right back?

Then a midfield three from Can, Henderson, Lallana, Coutinho, Allen and A another.

Front three from Sterling, Markovic, Sturridge, Lambert, A another.

hasnt the pace, or engine anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

75 million is a bargain for Barca imo, Suarez will be a massive loss for Liverpool, it'll be an interesting window when players not nearly as good as him like Sanchez have turned down pool already.

Also according to the Daily Fail, Di Maria doesn't want to move to United as he's looking for Champions League football....you hear that Ayre?!

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Shady Tady

Why is the likes of me allowed post on this forum?

Also according to the Daily Fail, Di Maria doesn't want to move to United as he's looking for Champions League football....you hear that Ayre?!

As much as I'd love to see a "big name" signing, I don't think it will happen. The modus operandi seems to be high potential young players, although still in the double digit millions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

This makes me sad - Suarezs Twitter BIO

• Advertisement

Shady Tady wrote: »
    Why is the likes of me allowed post on this forum?

Because the soccer forum is gone all After Hours due to the World Cup.

I'll miss this place after Sunday :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement