Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 *mod warning linked in OP 26/07*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Anyone seen Jovetic play? Any decent? Could be a decent shout...I remember people saying he had huge potential before his move to City

Yes. Very decent. Still has huge potential, not for sale though. Potential world cup winner Martín Demichelis on the other hand, willing to listen to any offers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I would just like to give a mention to all the feckers...

and say...

feck off.

ye feckers.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Suarez is a huge loss.
    When you look at the team now you see how bare and lacking in top quality it is.

Listen no doubt Suarez is a big loss but you'd swear the rest of the team were a bunch of muppets. Sturridge is a 20+ a season striker, Sterling is the best English talent going IMO, Coutinho will just get better and better.

That's not even counting whoever Liverpool sign.

The club has often sold it's best player but they keep winning trophies afterwards because that is what the club does. Full stop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Oranage2 wrote: »
    75 million is a bargain for Barca imo, Suarez will be a massive loss for Liverpool, it'll be an interesting window when players not nearly as good as him like Sanchez have turned down pool already.

Hardly a bargain. 4th highest transfer ever for a soon to be 28 year old with a horrendous disciplinary record. Don't get me wrong he's a fantastic footballer but £75M is a lot of money.

I would prefer the player but 75M is only a bargain if he shoots Barca to a few league titles and Champions Leagues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

Hardly a bargain. 4th highest transfer ever for a soon to be 28 year old with a horrendous disciplinary record. Don't get me wrong he's a fantastic footballer but £75M is a lot of money.

I would prefer the player but 75M is only a bargain if he shoots Barca to a few league titles and Champions Leagues.

He will.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRVjbiM_zaeGqTS5EEErmzyPS2HYmr1AjUVpKOaa-QnognNvVH5
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ_ukhIihyAU1-qeYTI7EwvdbI5hDBw5TMqPQRU9hQJWWOoDx1Q
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRTUXjRHSQAt_1kitVz0EI8Z265UkH3y7dtZNK-th_lkVB8eTGk7w
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTiXmhjM0tvpzDgshFW29705Nd0tdu2zg8SiHYpihdm_45Tejy3
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQJeCx_JBcA4wECo8wNR-MD6CKTG2uLogimcopl4AJ5NUq0yqzR
    I want Skrtels to stay...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

All the chatter about El Shaarawy and Jovetic, I'd still love if we signed Lamela. He's a serious talent and might be available for 20 million or that. One of that 3 and we'd be set up attacking wise imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Knex. wrote: »
    I just remembered this, and it made me laugh. Might make a few sad pandas here chuckle!

Years back when I was in secondary school, around the time Saha had dreadlocks and was playing for United, a lad in my school decided he was going to be one of those white guys who attempted to pull of such dreadlocks.

Walks into the first class of the day in front of a farmer/GAA Kerryhead, who turns around and in an awkward bogger tone says, "Christ, lad. Louis Saha, is it? More like Louis Haha"

It was so bloody awkward, and the 'locks were gone within a few days. :pac:

Who are you kidding Knex? That was you, wasn't it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

75 million is a bargain for Barca imo, Suarez will be a massive loss for Liverpool, it'll be an interesting window when players not nearly as good as him like Sanchez have turned down pool already.

I'd take the Lallanas over the Sanchezs any day of the week, at least with the former you know they won't be crying in a years time about wanting a geographical "upgrade".

Mind that I'm not saying Lallana is better than Sanchez, just that some things aren't worth the headache.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

95 million euro....I'd take it and run. For a player who has never shown an ounce of loyalty to the club. I'm just shocked that more Liverpool fans are not angry with him. Last year, he publicly demeaned Liverpool. Talked about needing Champions League football and challenging for honours. He had that at Liverpool now. He gave a half-assed apology to fans and "signed" a bumper new contract saying how happy he was. But still the lack of loyalty was there. Another release clause...There is no doubt that he was a world class player. But some comments saying he is irreplaceable are nonsense. These type of players are always replaceable. Constantly destabilizing the club...It is always better to have these types of players gone. You very rarely heard this type of nonsense at Old Trafford under Ferguson. And they were a team of world class players.
    Its pretty clear that the club came to an agreement with him last year that he could only be sold to Real or Barca. That is why when they met the release clause, the club had no choice to sell. That is why the club haven't tried to block the transfer this time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Lads.......apparently Suarez will be a big loss to us next season........I'm glad it has been pointed out several hundred times because I had no idea.

Suarez breaking down so badly after the Palace game makes a whole lot more sense if this move was on the cards since he signed the new contract with us. I suppose leaving us having put the club back on its "perch" would have been a lot more easier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

95 million euro....I'd take it and run. For a player who has never shown an ounce of loyalty to the club. I'm just shocked that more Liverpool fans are not angry with him. Last year, he publicly demeaned Liverpool. Talked about needing Champions League football and challenging for honours. He had that at Liverpool now. He gave a half-assed apology to fans and "signed" a bumper new contract saying how happy he was. But still the lack of loyalty was there. Another release clause...There is no doubt that he was a world class player. But some comments saying he is irreplaceable are nonsense. These type of players are always replaceable. Constantly destabilizing the club...It is always better to have these types of players gone. You very rarely heard this type of nonsense at Old Trafford under Ferguson. And they were a team of world class players.

Unfortunately you read this type of nonsense too frequently on boards.

Of course you would take 95 million and run, I'd do the same but we're not football clubs.

Very few footballers show loyalty to any clubs, and few clubs show loyalty to players.

Don't think he demeaned the club last year. Biggest disappointment was the lack of ambition he showed if he really was considering going to Arsenal, although I think he knew a big club would make a move.

Fairly sure he signed the contract, not 'signed' it.

He is replaceable alright, maybe we should have asked Barca to swap the best player in the world for him.

You very rarely heard of this stuff under Fergie? It's an exact replay of the 'Ronnie' situation.

I don't think any club has ever had a team of world class players.

Paging hangballlouie, hangballlouie to the LFC thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

NukaCola wrote: »
    Lads.......apparently Suarez will be a big loss to us next season........I'm glad it has been pointed out several hundred times because I had no idea.

I'd like to know what you're smoking over there in nukacola land. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Yeah, constantly destabilised the club all the way to a title challenge.

I'm not even a Liverpool fan but your post is serious nonsense.

You only need to think for a moment about how Rooney has gone about contract negotiations to realise that you're entire argument is rediculously biased.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭jasonb

We've had excellent, 'World Class' players at the club, but when's the last time we actually *bought* a 'World Class' player? We've bought a few when they were younger who then developed into that level of player (Suarez being the obvious most recent example) but I can't really think of anyone we've bought who was one of the best in the world when we bought them.

The point I'm trying to make is we're not a Barcelona or Real, and we won't be in that strata unless we start winning leagues year in year out and challenging for the European Cup every year. Until then, if we uncover gems of players, they *will* eventually move up to the higher level clubs, just like players move up to us from 'lower level' clubs.

We're never going to replace Suarez with a player at the same level, or even close. It's always going to be about buying potential 'World Class' players for us, for the foreseeable future at least. The difference that a great season, great attacking football and CL qualification gets us is that we can get better players with more obvious potential, instead of possible diamonds in the rough that could still only be coal...

J.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Fescue

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Unfortunately you read this type of nonsense too frequently on boards.

Of course you would take 95 million and run, I'd do the same but we're not football clubs.

Very few footballers show loyalty to any clubs, and few clubs show loyalty to players.

Don't think he demeaned the club last year. Biggest disappointment was the lack of ambition he showed if he really was considering going to Arsenal, although I think he knew a big club would make a move.

Fairly sure he signed the contract, not 'signed' it.

He is replaceable alright, maybe we should have asked Barca to swap the best player in the world for him.

You very rarely heard of this stuff under Fergie? It's an exact replay of the 'Ronnie' situation.

I don't think any club has ever had a team of world class players.

I disagree with a number of points raised in this post, though naturally I would give my own life and that of my cat for your right to express them.

I want to qualify this by saying he is the most talented player I have ever seen at the club. No one can ever question his commitment, determination and contribution this season in particular. That shouldn't mean he gets a free pass to behave how he wants.

First of all he has demeaned the club on at least four seperate occasions. The rascist incident with Evra, the refusal to shake his hand, biting Ivanovic and his behaviour last summer in trying to engineer a move from the club. That's not including his behaviour this summer.

There is absolutely no comparison to Ronaldo's behaviour at Utd and that of Suarez. At no point was Ronaldo forced to train away from his teamates.

The contract he signed effectively guaranteed his exit from the club and his performances this season may well have been about ensuring a move happened rather than any commitment to Liverpool.

So while we can't question what he gave to Liverpool on the pitch, lets not sweep under the carpet the utter shame he brought at times to the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,890 ✭✭✭✭klose

NukaCola wrote: »

He will indeed, i think we should be targeting marco reus as his replacement....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

klose wrote: »
    He will indeed, i think we should be targeting marco reus as his replacement....

Why would Marco Reus want to move to Liverpool when he is playing every second week infront of 80,000 fans that idealise him and he is playing for his hometown club. Added to that BVB have just raised €320million through a share issue/sponsorship deal with Evonik Industries and they dont need to sell, the plan to pay off the stadium, buy their head office and invest the rest when and where needed.
    Same as Utd fans suggesting that Hummels is going to them.....both named players have already stated that they are happy where they are at the moment and for the foreseealble future.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭the untitled user

Now that Suarez is gone, how do Liverpool fans see their first team shaping up for next season? Will Can and Lallana go straight into the side? Would someone like Bony be sufficient to maintain the last season's attacking threat or will Rodgers go in for someone more established?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

I think I might do a little bit of a U-turn on Bony...

I said before that I thought he was a good player, but that we would need someone better/more proven if we wanted to challenge. With Sanchez at Arsenal, I think we could do a lot worse than Bony, and I'm struggling of thinking of many better players we could attract. I do think he would improve our current squad quite significantly.

The guy has a very good scoring rate wherever he goes, and has a lot more to his game than just goals. I think he is more complete than Remy for example. When he's on fire he does sometimes look like he can be 'unplayable'. There was talk that we could get him for £19m. That seems like a good price considering his age and what he showed in the Premier League last season. If he could score between 15-20 league goals (and I think he definitely is capable of this), then it would be a good contribution and a good piece of business.

I think he would be a good effective signing and him and Sturridge could share the burden of the goals together.

If we're talking about spending £25m-plus then I'm not sure if that's value, but for around £20m I think it could be a good piece of business and a player I'd like to see in a red shirt

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Now that Suarez is gone, how do Liverpool fans see their first team shaping up for next season? Will Can and Lallana go straight into the side? Would someone like Bony be sufficient to maintain the last season's attacking threat or will Rodgers go in for someone more established?

I worry that with so many new faces it will be a period of transition for the club. We have a very tough start and a lot of new players who have to get to know each other. So far the business hasn't been too inspiring, in that we have been signing players who we probably could have signed had we finished outside the Champions League spots. None of them are proven top players at this high level.

That said there's a lot of the window to go.

The opening fixtures are very tough, so we could easily find ourselves playing catchup from the start, with a bit of pressure building - never a nice situation to be in.

Then we have the added factor of European football, though we do seem to be building a bigger, deeper squad to deal with this.

It's hard to make a call at this point as I would expect us to make at least 3 fairly significant signings before the season's start, but I'm feeling a little pessimistic about our chances.

It's imperative that this season is not just a once-off in the Champions League and we start to become a fixture in the competition. With united strengthening under Van Gaal (a very competent manager), Arsenal looking willing to splash some cash, and City and Chelsea with their millions, 5 doesn't go into 4 and I fear we could be the odd one out.

Morzadec wrote: »
    I think I might do a little bit of a U-turn on Bony...

I said before that I thought he was a good player, but that we would need someone better/more proven if we wanted to challenge. With Sanchez at Arsenal, I think we could do a lot worse than Bony, and I'm struggling of thinking of many better players we could attract. I do think he would improve our current squad quite significantly.

The guy has a very good scoring rate wherever he goes, and has a lot more to his game than just goals. I think he is more complete than Remy for example. When he's on fire he does sometimes look like he can be 'unplayable'. There was talk that we could get him for £19m. That seems like a good price considering his age and what he showed in the Premier League last season. If he could score between 15-20 league goals (and I think he definitely is capable of this), then it would be a good contribution and a good piece of business.

I think he would be a good effective signing and him and Sturridge could share the burden of the goals together.

If we're talking about spending £25m-plus then I'm not sure if that's value, but for around £20m I think it could be a good piece of business and a player I'd like to see in a red shirt

He reminds me quite a lot of Shearer. He doesn't think twice about putting his foot through the ball when he gets an opportunity.

He has so much power, an absolute nightmare for defenders.

Fescue wrote: »
    I disagree with a number of points raised in this post, though naturally I would give my own life and that of my cat for your right to express them.

I want to qualify this by saying he is the most talented player I have ever seen at the club. No one can ever question his commitment, determination and contribution this season in particular. That shouldn't mean he gets a free pass to behave how he wants.

First of all he has demeaned the club on at least four seperate occasions. The rascist incident with Evra, the refusal to shake his hand, biting Ivanovic and his behaviour last summer in trying to engineer a move from the club. That's not including his behaviour this summer.

There is absolutely no comparison to Ronaldo's behaviour at Utd and that of Suarez. At no point was Ronaldo forced to train away from his teamates.

The contract he signed effectively guaranteed his exit from the club and his performances this season may well have been about ensuring a move happened rather than any commitment to Liverpool.

So while we can't question what he gave to Liverpool on the pitch, lets not sweep under the carpet the utter shame he brought at times to the club.

Only one of those things happened in the last year, and I wouldn't begrudge him engineering a move away. If Barca had come in with a 75 million pound bid and he was adamant about staying would the club have just said ok? I doubt it.

'Ronnie' tried to force his way out of United, stayed another year and got his move....seems like a comparison.

I agree about the contract, said the same last summer despite others having none of it, but it is just as likely that his performances had nothing to do with that.

Thanks for the offer about you and your cat....I'll send the Arsenal fans around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Shady Tady wrote: »
    Why is the likes of me allowed post on this forum?

World cup amnesty ?

I'm a Liverpool fan 41 years, In that time I have seen some Legends come and go, Players nobody thought could or would be replaced, They all where and will be again.

THIS IS LIVERPOOL FC:

YNWA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Why would Marco Reus want to move to Liverpool when he is playing every second week infront of 80,000 fans that idealise him and he is playing for his hometown club. Added to that BVB have just raised €320million through a share issue/sponsorship deal with Evonik Industries and they dont need to sell, the plan to pay off the stadium, buy their head office and invest the rest when and where needed.
    Same as Utd fans suggesting that Hummels is going to them.....both named players have already stated that they are happy where they are at the moment and for the foreseealble future.

Sometimes people want a change of scene, however good they have it at home. Would you want to stay with the same employer and live in the same town all your professional career? Neither would footballers. He may want to sample a different culture and the different brand of football in another country, along with improving his English, it's not beyond the realms of possibility at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

not yet wrote: »
    I'm a Liverpool fan 41 years, In that time I have seen some Legends come and go, Players nobody thought could or would be replaced, They all where and will be again.

THIS IS LIVERPOOL FC:

YNWA.

So you are saying Aspas will make the step up, good news :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭NapoleonInRags

Fescue wrote: »
    He reminds me quite a lot of Shearer. He doesn't think twice about putting his foot through the ball when he gets an opportunity.

He has so much power, an absolute nightmare for defenders.

The thing I like about Bony is the ball sticks with him when he receives it - much more than with Suarez in fact.

The thing I don't like so much is that the play tends to slow a bit when he gets involved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

garra wrote: »
    Sometimes people want a change of scene, however good they have it at home. Would you want to stay with the same employer and live in the same town all your professional career? Neither would footballers. He may want to sample a different culture and the different brand of football in another country, along with improving his English, it's not beyond the realms of possibility at all.

Reus will ultimately go to Barca. There was a lot of talk about it before he got injured earlier in the summer.

Reus will ultimately go to Barca. There was a lot of talk about it before he got injured earlier in the summer.

We'll probably make a profit on him as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

Any word on the fee for Suarez? How much was up front? How many installments, over what period of time?

My own two cents on who should replace Suarez: Pool should go for a striker with a lot of pace. That way they don't have to adjust their style of play too much. It's the way the played that made them so successful last season, and the final months of the previous season.

I think bringing in Bony would be a mistake, as he's no the quickest. Liverpool would have to adjust to having him in the team.

My little Bony

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

garra wrote: »

Liverpool, though?

All the world's clubs would be queueing up around the block for him. Why would he pick Liverpool?

Liverpool, though?

All the world's clubs would be queueing up around the block for him. Why would he pick Liverpool?

Because they're a great bunch of lads.

Liverpool, though?

He wouldn't.

The only clubs that might have a chance in England would be city and Chelsea if he wanted massive money.

He'd going nowhere anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Keep it real, Liverpool fans. Keep it real.

rarnes1 wrote: »
    My little Bony

Little!? :eek: :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,674 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

Hi all long time lurker, in over the wall while I can, I have no idea how you even post normally on this forum. Bit of a ramble about last season,

Last season was immense,epic,surreal,heartbreaking,joyous,upsetting, fearful,and downright amazing.
    Last year was pretty rough as dad was very ill, he is fine now though.
    In that context (and other bad **** I won't bore you with) I pretty much clung onto the team like a Scottish man looks after his wallet.
    At the start I was quite happy with the season, mid way I was getting excited and the run in I was a nervous wreck. I like a lot of posters here and I remember kess73 post about being in the title hunt, and it was then I really started to feel it might happen.

To describe the feeling it was like being in a corridor and there was this door closed at the end.As the run in got exciting I could feel I was getting closer. When we bet man city, the door was somewhat open, and I can tell you now it was the most amazing view you will ever see. Nothing in your life will compare at that moment. When we lost to Chelsea the door closed, and after crystal palace, I was back at the start of the corridor. But, you know what them weeks of being top and dreaming of it, what a feeling.

In practical terms from my waffling above that meant not sleeping, thinking about it all the time, wore out waiting on the Monday waiting for the next weekend while also dreading the stress of it, then the sheer stress of the match, followed by a bizarre mix of utter exhaustion and sheer elation.
    After the man city match I went to bed for a nap! After the Chelsea match had to meet a friend for his birthday, get rat arsed went to john power gig (epic) and fell into bed at 12. Woke up and that micro second where you think it might not have happened, and then the crushing reality that it had.

I just knew it was over then, I don't know why just felt it. Moped about for about a week when we lost the league, and still quite upset at times, but I am mostly happy. Very Happy. We were an insane team, 5-3, 4-1, 6-0, it was a joy to watch, and Suarez was a sight to behold. I did not care for his other crap, but that what you get sometimes with a mad genius!
    Very sad he had left, the stunning supermodel that's a bit nuts that walks out on you is a good analogy.

Anyway enough rambling, nice to get this out of my system, looking forward to next year, hope we do the bizo in the transfer market. I am not sure what next season will bring, but I will still be on the crazy roller coaster of emotions that is liverpool fc no matter what:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

According to Football365, Utd have met with Arturo Vidal regarding a £35m move from Juventus. Now this is really disappointing. He's the calibre of people we should be really competing for.

While Sanchez's preference of Arsenal over LFC is understandable given both Champions League football and the London highlife, Vidal will have neither at Utd. At least at LFC he would have Champions League. Perhaps a quick swoop for Gary Medel from Cardiff (as defensive cover) would help swing a deal for Vidal? Two Chileans in the squad?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

fyfe79 wrote: »
    According to Football365, Utd have met with Arturo Vidal regarding a £35m move from Juventus. Now this is really disappointing. He's the calibre of people we should be really competing for.

While Sanchez's preference of Arsenal over LFC is understandable given both Champions League football and the London highlife, Vidal will have neither at Utd. At least at LFC he would have Champions League. Perhaps a quick swoop for Gary Medel from Cardiff (as defensive cover) would help swing a deal for Vidal? Two Chileans in the squad?

Football 365? Its nonsense so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

rarnes1 wrote: »
    My little Bony

Bony Prince Willie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

Is it just me that does not care who United or Arsenal sign ?. Let them at it.
    Looking forward to seeing who Rodgers brings in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

jasonb wrote: »
    We've had excellent, 'World Class' players at the club, but when's the last time we actually *bought* a 'World Class' player? We've bought a few when they were younger who then developed into that level of player (Suarez being the obvious most recent example) but I can't really think of anyone we've bought who was one of the best in the world when we bought them.

The point I'm trying to make is we're not a Barcelona or Real, and we won't be in that strata unless we start winning leagues year in year out and challenging for the European Cup every year. Until then, if we uncover gems of players, they *will* eventually move up to the higher level clubs, just like players move up to us from 'lower level' clubs.

We're never going to replace Suarez with a player at the same level, or even close. It's always going to be about buying potential 'World Class' players for us, for the foreseeable future at least. The difference that a great season, great attacking football and CL qualification gets us is that we can get better players with more obvious potential, instead of possible diamonds in the rough that could still only be coal...

J.

Agreed , factor in how cold and wet Liverpool is in winter and it not being a capital city i think plays some part in transfers also in the modern game . Plus of course the BIG money .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

With Bony and Origi, we should be able to work a few puns and euphemisms in, next year.

Which is, of course, our year.

So you are saying Aspas will make the step up, good news :D

Sweet mother of sufferin fcuk no, never ever. But I trust LFC and always will to move the club forward.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

Stargate wrote: »
    Agreed , factor in how cold and wet Liverpool is in winter and it not being a capital city i think plays some part in transfers also in the modern game . Plus of course the BIG money .

I don't think Liverpool not being the capital of England has too much of an impact on the clubs ability to attract players

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Sell borini and bring in both bony and remy

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement