Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 *mod warning linked in OP 26/07*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Cjs21

ricero wrote: »
    Sell borini and bring in both bony and remy

Keep Borini and bring in both Bony and Remy and offload Aspas??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Cjs21 wrote: »
    Keep Borini and bring in both Bony and Remy and offload Aspas??
    Aspas is as good as gone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭Sappy404

fyfe79 wrote: »
    According to Football365, Utd have met with Arturo Vidal regarding a £35m move from Juventus. Now this is really disappointing. He's the calibre of people we should be really competing for.

While Sanchez's preference of Arsenal over LFC is understandable given both Champions League football and the London highlife, Vidal will have neither at Utd. At least at LFC he would have Champions League. Perhaps a quick swoop for Gary Medel from Cardiff (as defensive cover) would help swing a deal for Vidal? Two Chileans in the squad?
    Football 365? Its nonsense so

They're quoting the Mail in their daily gossip roundup. They don't offer any rumour or claim any credit for this stuff.

Aspas is as good as gone

Can't see why we'd need to get rid of Borini in that case.

He scores in big games. He did it with Swansea he did it with Roma and he certainly did it with Sunderland last season. Our scoring record in big games isn't the best, can't see Bony or Remy improving it. I can see Borini improving it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Is Reus fast?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Suarez updated his cover photo on FB, I don't know whether to laugh or cry at the comments below.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Sturridge, Lambert, Bony, Sterling, Lallana, Coutinho.

hmmm. not bad.

my instinct tells me we'd need something more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Suarez updated his cover photo on FB, I don't know whether to laugh or cry at the comments below.

I had to stop liking him on FB yesterday, when that went up there was a little lump in my throat, I won't lie.... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Knex. wrote: »
    With Bony and Origi, we should be able to work a few puns and euphemisms in, next year.

Which is, of course, our year.

Supposedly Liverpool's strike force has gone from SAS to LOL (Lallana, Origi, Lambert).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Any word on the fee for Suarez? How much was up front? How many installments, over what period of time?

My own two cents on who should replace Suarez: Pool should go for a striker with a lot of pace. That way they don't have to adjust their style of play too much. It's the way the played that made them so successful last season, and the final months of the previous season.

I think bringing in Bony would be a mistake, as he's no the quickest. Liverpool would have to adjust to having him in the team.

I would imagine the fee will be paid in one go . I would say that was the sticky point . Barcelona probably wanted to pay instalments and LFC said no we want every penny up front .

Lucas talk seems to be getting quiet.

He posted this on instagram yesterday evening.

Link

SlickRic wrote: »

hmmm. not bad.

Markovic.

hmmm. not bad.

If I seen another team going into the season aiming for to 4 with those attacking options I wouldn't give them a great chance.

Cjs21 wrote: »
    Can't see why we'd need to get rid of Borini in that case.

He scores in big games. He did it with Swansea he did it with Roma and he certainly did it with Sunderland last season. Our scoring record in big games isn't the best, can't see Bony or Remy improving it. I can see Borini improving it.

Worth noting that Borini scored 7 PL goals last season, think 3 were penalties.

Will have to vastly improve on 4 goals from open play.

I would imagine the fee will be paid in one go . I would say that was the sticky point . Barcelona probably wanted to pay instalments and LFC said no we want every penny up front .

Last I heard (although dunno how reliable) was 50 up front and the rest later.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭funtime93

Some terrible signings being made by Liverpool at the moment.They'r doing a Spurs and going for quantity not quality.Origi and that Serbian lad are 2 bollix signings Liverpool should be aiming higher if they want to challenge for trophies especially now that they have a bit of money from the Suarez deal.

djPSB wrote: »
    Worth noting that Borini scored 7 PL goals last season, think 3 were penalties.

Will have to vastly improve on 4 goals from open play.

Yes, but being realistic he will have a slim chance of starting.

I think he's too young to offload as of yet, he has the ability and workrate to be an outstanding player.

My point was that he seems to have a seriously cool head on his shoulders, something we seem to lack in certain players

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

funtime93 wrote: »
    Some terrible signings being made by Liverpool at the moment.They'r doing a Spurs and going for quantity not quality.Origi and that Serbian lad are 2 bollix signings Liverpool should be aiming higher if they want to challenge for trophies especially now that they have a bit of money from the Suarez deal.

What makes you think that ? Have you seen much from origi and markovic ?

What makes you think that ? Have you seen much from origi and markovic ?
    Yes I watch a lot of Benfica and have not been impressed by Markovic.Origi i know less of but looked poor at the world cup.Liverpool need a big name striker to replace Suarez.Sanchez would have been perfect IMO and can play wide so he easily fits into Rodgers' system.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

I have to say i would have preferred alot of players to get ahead of Markovic. I would have preferred.
    Griezmann
    Konoplyanka
    Depay
    Firminio
    Iturbe

But hopefully he does well but I think 20m is way too much for a player with his lack of end product.

• Advertisement

Fieldog wrote: »
    I had to stop liking him on FB yesterday, when that went up there was a little lump in my throat, I won't lie.... :(

My finger was hovering over the unlike button but decided against it. I unliked Nando though when he did the dirt of course. :pac:

Yes I watch a lot of Benfica and have not been impressed by Markovic.Origi i know less of but looked poor at the world cup.Liverpool need a big name striker to replace Suarez.Sanchez would have been perfect IMO and can play wide so he easily fits into Rodgers' system.

You watch alot of Benfica but you haven't been impressed by a then 19 year old player in his first season for the club getting into a team of the year in Europe?
    That's despite missing the Europa League final due to a suspension?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

djPSB wrote: »
    Markovic.

even with him and Origi, there's just something missing IMO.

we need Lallana, Markovic and Lambert to hit the ground running quite badly.

Griezmann would be a perfect addition.

that being said, even without him, we've an incredible amount of options at least.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Last I heard (although dunno how reliable) was 50 up front and the rest later.

I hope it's 50 million pound up front at the very least .

Things are shaping up nicely in terms of the squad in spite of what most think. The options will be there now, I despaired last season when everytime we needed something from the bench, all we had was ****ing Moses, Aspas and Alberto.

The only real hand from the bench we had was Sterling/Coutinho depending on which one started.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

even with him and Origi, there's just something missing IMO.

we need Lallana, Markovic and Lambert to hit the ground running quite badly.

Griezmann would be a perfect addition.

that being said, even without him, we've an incredible amount of options at least.
    Isn't it bad enough to have Henderson running quite badly without having 3 new signings copying him:p

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭GotTheTshirt

With Bony and Origi, we should be able to work a few puns and euphemisms in, next year.

Which is, of course, our year.

Everytime I read Origis name I'm reading it as Orangeboom, there's definately a chant in there somewhere.

jl4ime.jpg

Origi and that Serbian lad are 2 bollix signings

Do you write for the Daily Mail?

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

garra wrote: »
    Sometimes people want a change of scene, however good they have it at home. Would you want to stay with the same employer and live in the same town all your professional career? Neither would footballers. He may want to sample a different culture and the different brand of football in another country, along with improving his English, it's not beyond the realms of possibility at all.

True, but sometimes players want to stay. I'd get banned for posting what I've been thinking of any Man U or Arsenal fan over the past year babbling on about signing Reus (, Hummels and Klopp), the same applies with Liverpool fans too, those who are serious (feck ya Turdy).

And yet, Benfica fans are gutted and he is being praised by both them and those who cover the Portuguese league? Okay then.

Nearly spat out my coffee laughing. I just don't know where to start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Great to get some indpeth knowledge of him on the thread, how would you describe him as a player then? I dont watch much of Benfica just the Europa league, so what strengths and weaknesses does he have? How does he play against the lower lights of the portguese league such as Paco Feirrera (sp)?

My Benfica supporting mate said good player, but needs to work on his stamina. They are sorry to lose him and feel he could really kick on.

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Great to get some indpeth knowledge of him on the thread, how would you describe him as a player then? I dont watch much of Benfica just the Europa league, so what strengths and weaknesses does he have? How does he play against the lower lights of the portguese league such as Paco Feirrera (sp)?

My Benfica supporting mate said good player, but needs to work on his stamina. They are sorry to lose him and feel he could really kick on.
    Tall,rangy runs well with the ball at his feet but he will have no time on the ball in the premier league and his lack of physicality is evident.I can see him being easily bullied by experienced wing-backs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

Lovren going nowhere/LFC in advanced talks to buy Lukaku - latest rumours from the makey upy sites

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Hotfail.com

What do Southampton even think they're doing with Lovren? Looks like it's going to get messy.

Lovren really needs to step it up and force his way out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

What do Southampton even think they're doing with Lovren? Looks like it's going to get messy.

They're trying to keep him, or at the very least, get as much money out of him as possible. LFC did the same with Mascherano. Sometimes it works, sometimes it goes horribly wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,937 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I think Lovren needs to bite someone :pac:

Just sign Manolas!

They're trying to keep him, or at the very least, get as much money out of him as possible. LFC did the same with Mascherano. Sometimes it works, sometimes it goes horribly wrong.

Looks like they're going to end up with no money and a very cranky, pissed-off, disinterested Croatian if they carry on the way they're going..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Looks like they're going to end up with no money and a very cranky, pissed-off, disinterested Croatian if they carry on the way they're going..

I heard they have a few quid knocking around lately, though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

hmmm. not bad.

All good or very good players, but we are badly missing a top class talent - a game changer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Grayditch wrote: »
    I heard they have a few quid knocking around lately, though.

They might buy Welbeck...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

Hi all long time lurker, in over the wall while I can, I have no idea how you even post normally on this forum.

Don't be a stranger...

Access requests reopen Monday

Don't be a stranger...

Access requests reopen Monday

:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

With Suarez it was all possible. Having one of the top three players in the world in your eleven capable of winning games on his own and scoring 30+ meant so much. With him in the team and a bit of luck with the draws who knows what might have been possible in the CL.

As it is though, with him gone and us seemingly unwilling to push the wage structure or gamble I think a long disappointing season is sure to follow. I'd be delighted with 4th place at this point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

:(

It takes two minutes, ya plonk.

Just don't do a Grayditch on it :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Fescue

Tusky wrote: »
    All good or very good players, but we are badly missing a top class talent - a game changer.

To me Coutinho, Sturridge and Sterling are game changers.

• Advertisement

It takes two minutes, ya plonk.

Just don't do a Grayditch on it :pac:

I haven't been here a month yet :( Stupid me had to go and re-reg :(

Fescue wrote: »
    To me Coutinho, Sturridge and Sterling are game changers.

Arguably Gerrard as well..

Tall,rangy runs well with the ball at his feet but he will have no time on the ball in the premier league and his lack of physicality is evident.I can see him being easily bullied by experienced wing-backs.

Tall?

Suarez is 5 ft 11 in and is considered small.
    Sterling is 5 ft 7 in.
    Coutinho is 5 ft 8 in.

Markovic is 5 ft 9 in.

I take it you mean experienced full backs that include the likes of the defensive force that is Patrice Evra or Glen Johnson, that's me hoping Markovic goes up against him against another club, by the way. Even someone like Baines was made to look like a mug a couple of weeks ago.

Arguably Gerrard as well..

I think Stevie is more of an assist machine now . He had 14 of them last season as defensive midfielder .
    I have to say the way LFC are shaping up for the coming season there will be absolute bags of pace in the team . Sturrigde , sterling , markovic and Henderson . That to me looks fairly formidable in terms of raw pace . I wonder was that all part of BR's plans for how his LFC team would play .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭CL7

The signings have been pretty underwhelming but the transfer window is open for another 8 weeks or so. I'll admit that I am a little nervous though because Rodger's/The Panel's transfer dealing have been very hit and miss so far.

I agree with LuckyLloyd, I'd be happy with 4th place this season, after losing Suarez.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement