Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 *mod warning linked in OP 26/07*

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

I remember I wanted us to sign David Lolz after seeing him against us a few years ago for Benfica. He was sensational at LB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Fescue

mosstin wrote: »
    Far, far too many mistakes to be confident in him. He's a squad player if we keep him but he won't be happy with that. We need to upgrade him, no doubt.

If you have the time I would go to Squawka and compare Skrtel, Sakho and perhaps Lovren. I think you might be surprised by Skrtels statistics.

It might make you think again about Skrtels contribution to the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    I remember I wanted us to sign David Lolz after seeing him against us a few years ago for Benfica. He was sensational at LB.

Was very surprised when he was moved back centrally, tbh. Even more so when Chelsea signed him to be a CB.

Himself and Di Maria were incredible along Benfica's left side. They had a few great games against Liverpool too, if I remember correctly.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Pity we missed out on Willian.

• Advertisement

fao2r.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

billy2012 wrote: »
    Our confirmed signings so far -

Lallana - Will walk into the team and should settle straight away.
    Lambert - Good backup striker who cost pennies, he can play ball and score goals. Again should settle straight away.
    Can - Very highly rated young German midfielder. (I actually like him at LB)

Think they are 3 very good signings TBH.

Confirmed loss:

SuarezGoat

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SM01

Dislike 99.9% of advertising having spent 12 years working in that industry but that BT Lfc vs Arsenal advert gives me the right horn for next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

God roll on the start of the season :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

BsX1WaHCcAIejc6.png

Hard man Dirk...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭billy2012

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Confirmed loss:

SuarezGoat

Oh I know!!

But forgetting about Suarez I think they are 3 very good additions.

We obviously need more!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Gregory Vignal is the man for the LB role.

Another non soccer poster :)

I only recently signed up to boards, saying hello to Liverpool fans, I'd be a fan but not like most of the chaps on here, have never been to Anfield but my early teenage years were spent listing to BBC radio 5 live in the bedroom hoping Fowler would bag another.

Anyway, I believe Sturridge is in Rodgers' mind more than capable for the required role however he is no doubt aware Sturridge won't be playing every game so I hope his plan B is decent and will be fulfilled.

I'm not too bothered about Sanchez, didn't want to be at Anfield so no harm he didn't come.

I don't see myself posting here again as my soccer knowledge is minimal but I said I'd say hi while I could. I've read this thread for a few years now, it's how I keep up to date with LFC goings on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Kerr just wondering why Coutihno never hot a look in.
    would agree with him, definitely could have done a bit better at times than Oscar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Augeo wrote: »

I only recently signed up to boards, saying hello to Liverpool fans, I'd be a fan but not like most of the chaps on here, have never been to Anfield but my early teenage years were spent listing to BBC radio 5 live in the bedroom hoping Fowler would bag another.

Anyway, I believe Sturridge is in Rodgers' mind more than capable for the required role however he is no doubt aware Sturridge won't be playing every game so I hope his plan B is decent and will be fulfilled.

I'm not too bothered about Sanchez, didn't want to be at Anfield so no harm he didn't come.

I don't see myself posting here again as my soccer knowledge is minimal but I said I'd say hi while I could. I've read this thread for a few years now, it's how I keep up to date with LFC goings on.

Dont let that stop you. Just brush up on your Panda knowledge and you'll be fine.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    would agree with him, definitely could have done a bit better at times than Oscar.
    He is probably better off not having anything to do with that setup tbh.

A new man in that likes to play football would suit him a lot more than pumping high ball up to forwards who can't play football.

That's an hour of my life i won't get back:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,937 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Welcome to the club that hasn't stopped most of us the others on here :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

Whatever about Oscar. When the hulk and Fred are starters you'd have to wonder about Scolari/Brazilian pool of talent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭NapoleonInRags

Fescue wrote: »
    fao2r.jpg

So Skrtel + Lovren = Linda's moist underwear?

There is a lot of us here with minimal soccer knowledge but that doesn't stop me us.

Edit. DAMMIT COULSON GET OUT OF MY HEAD

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Coutinho would have offered a lot more than Hulk. As would Lucas Moura

Your lack of knowledge would be fine if you're a 'true' fan who attends all the games.
    5live wrote: »
    He is probably better off not having anything to do with that setup tbh.

A new man in that likes to play football would suit him a lot more than pumping high ball up to forwards who can't play football.

That's an hour of my life i won't get back:mad:

Wouldn't disagree with you there, and it's great he had the summer off too but it's mad that he didn't get a look in.
    And Hidalgo below really highlights the absurdity of some of the selections.
    Hidalgo wrote: »
    Whatever about Oscar. When the hulk and Fred are starters you'd have to wonder about Scolari/Brazilian pool of talent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Pilsbury Doughboy

Dunno what the general opinion of Kerr is, but I must confess I enjoy listening to his bleedin Dub accent, he's funny enough and knows his stuff!

Dunno what the general opinion of Kerr is, but I must confess I enjoy listening to his bleedin Dub accent, he's funny enough and knows his stuff!

My favourite by a long shot. maxwell elbowed Kuyt and Kerr quips, 'maxwells sliver hammer' a reference to a Beatles song. Pure magic he is. Shocking that Owen, Quinn, Neville (Phil), Houghton and similar are used more than him.

I enjoy him too, especially when he strangles on his tongue with some of the foreign surnames.

But i think he is one of the better analysts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Pilsbury Doughboy

My favourite by a long shot. maxwell elbowed Kuyt and Kerr quips, 'maxwells sliver hammer' a reference to a Beatles song. Pure magic he is. Shocking that Owen, Quinn, Neville (Phil), Houghton and similar are used more than him.

Yes he cracks a good few every match! He's very frank that's what I like too. far more entertaining than most!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

Hidalgo wrote: »

Scholar shunned Costa and now he plays for Spain. I MEAN WTF was he thinking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

5live wrote: »
    I enjoy him too, especially when he strangles on his tongue with some of the foreign surnames.

But i think he is one of the better analysts

'Dear Kite'
    'My Con'
    'The Goooz Maaaan.'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Turtyturd wrote: »
    'Dear Kite'
    'My Con'
    'The Goooz Maaaan.'

Are you the evil genius behind that BT Sport ad?

• Advertisement

Janmaat anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

I can imagine poor Alexis settling down in his new Islington apartment, switching on the WC and seeing that BT Sport ad

1SdePSU.gif

Phil Thompson has it right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

billy2012 wrote: »
    Oh I know!!

But forgetting about Suarez I think they are 3 very good additions.

We obviously need more!!

they only really provide depth and competition.

there is zero guarantee that they will improve the 1st team.

we need signings at RB, CB, up front and maybe even CM that will walk into the team and immediately improve us, or else I fear we'll look back on this summer as a lost opportunity.

SlickRic wrote: »
    they only really provide depth and competition.

there is zero guarantee that they will improve the 1st team.

we need signings at RB, CB, up front and maybe even CM that will walk into the team and immediately improve us, or else I fear we'll look back on this summer as a lost opportunity.

Lallana goes straight into the first team in my opinion. His work rate and productivity is fantastic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

I can imagine poor Alexis settling down in his new Islington apartment, switching on the WC and seeing that BT Sport ad

he might change his mind if his new buddy Mesut invites him around for a cuppa

http://www.architectureadmirers.com/mesut-ozil-londons-home-is-one-pleasant-experience-in-the-architecture-world/

If it's derogatory I will say yes and Fescue's cat can take the heat from them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,297 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

What was the BT ad?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

Janmaat anyone?

I've only seen him at the world cup but he has been excellent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Yes he cracks a good few every match! He's very frank that's what I like too. far more entertaining than most!

He has an hilarious ability to mis-read situations and get all hot & bothered, tonight he was raving on about Robben being upset for not being asked to take the penalty, when in fact Robben was raging that the defender was not being sent off for a blatant last man foul.. i love him especially when discombobulated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Fescue wrote: »
    Lallana goes straight into the first team in my opinion. His work rate and productivity is fantastic.

Never mind all that, look at the lolly we shelled out, he has to start.. end of.

• Advertisement

Twitter is telling me Markovic is in Liverpool and doing a medical tomorrow.

EDIT: Twitter is also telling me we're interested in Jay Rodriguez. That's Jay Rodriguez...not James. Jay. **** everything,I'm going to bed to cry myself to sleep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Andre Wisdom is going on loan for a season to the Baggies apparently.

daithijjj wrote: »

Good move for him I guess. Had hoped he might have stayed and pushed Glen Johnson. I guess the club don't rate him as highly as Flanagan.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭The Letheram

daithijjj wrote: »

Looking at the lack of full backs there would want to be a recall clause in that but I assume that would be standard practice now. It would indicate to me that there will definitely be purchase(s) in that area.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Does he ....?

http://sillyseason.com/football/premier-league/liverpool-fc/sanchez-liverpool-has-already-been-completed-says-phil-thompson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,937 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

EDIT: Twitter is also telling me we're interested in Jay Rodriguez. That's Jay Rodriguez...not James. Jay. **** everything,I'm going to bed to cry myself to sleep.

Well we couldn't leave him on his own down in Southampton since all his team mates are heading for the North West.

If that's true I am guessing the club blocked 'The Rodgers' from making his dream move and taking over Southampton this summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

The way the club handled Arsenals bid for Suarez last year,I wonder will it have any bearing on how transfer targets might decide on singing for us or not. It was 100% correct in my eyes but that might not be the case from a player and agent pov.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

Charlie19 wrote: »
    The way the club handled Arsenals bid for Suarez last year,I wonder will it have any bearing on how transfer targets might decide on singing for us or not. It was 100% correct in my eyes but that might not be the case from a player and agent pov.

No, this thread loves an excuse for a player not to sign. London being a very popular reason at the moment. Guess what, if a guy would prefer to live in London than play for a another club I don't want him playing for LFC.

If they want to play for us, they will sign.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

1SdePSU.gif

players are less stupid then us in getting persuaded over a single game or two.

I could have sworn Barcelona got spanked lots of times last season with Sanchez playing

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement