Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 *mod warning linked in OP 26/07*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

T-K-O wrote: »
    No, this thread loves an excuse for a player not to sign. London being a very popular reason at the moment. Guess what, if a guy would prefer to live in London than play for a another club I don't want him playing for LFC.

If they want to play for us, they will sign.

Well I hope you're right and we can put an end to our poor track record when it comes to "marquee signings" and losing out on the signature to our rivals.

Plenty of time left in this window to secure players that will help with the loss of Suarez.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Hotfail.com

Charlie19 wrote: »
    The way the club handled Arsenals bid for Suarez last year,I wonder will it have any bearing on how transfer targets might decide on singing for us or not. It was 100% correct in my eyes but that might not be the case from a player and agent pov.

Well if you look at it from another angle it could be seen a a good thing - That the club will keep hold of their best players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

The mirror are running with the story that we're after Jay Rodriguez now...jesus, might as well just buy Southampton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

The mirror are running with the story that we're after Jay Rodriguez now...jesus, might as well just buy Southampton.

If all their players are so good, how come Southampton didn't win the league last season?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

I remember reading somewhere that you could buy a majority stake in Southampton for about 100 million, probably would have been cheaper for Liverpool, could have got Shaw as well :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

I remember reading somewhere that you could buy a majority stake in Southampton for about 100 million, probably would have been cheaper for Liverpool, could have got Shaw as well :pac:

We're not that desperate

Well if you look at it from another angle it could be seen a a good thing - That the club will keep hold of their best players.

Not entirely blaming FSG but we haven't been holding onto our best players now for the last few years.. Suarez, Torres, Masch, Reina(looking for a move to Barca) Alonso and Arbeloa.

Not forgetting, Carroll, Downing and Adams

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

We got rid of Reina cause he had gotten gash. Torres turned out well, the other two were never staying for life.

It's not the same without my little chewy.

We got rid of Reina cause he had gotten gash. Torres turned out well, the other two were never staying for life.

It's not the same without my little chewy.

Reina wanted a move to Barca and was temporarily moved on. Doesn't really matter how the Torres move worked out, he still broke many pool hearts by joining Chelsea. I've read many posts in this thread regarding the return of Alonso and Masch, which would back up my point that Liverpool haven't been able to hold on to their best players.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Super-Rush wrote: »
    If all their players are so good, how come Southampton didn't win the league last season?

They weren't managed by Rodgers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

T-K-O wrote: »
    No, this thread loves an excuse for a player not to sign. London being a very popular reason at the moment. Guess what, if a guy would prefer to live in London than play for a another club I don't want him playing for LFC.

If they want to play for us, they will sign.

The only reason IMO is that the players Arsenal have tried to sign over the last 12 months are Suarez, Higuain, Ozil, Bender, Draxler, Sanchez.

If you're asking a player to make a step down from Madrid or Barca, that would be crucial IMO.

This isn't a pop at Liverpool, I'm sure Rodgers will have them competing but Arsenal have the financial advantage.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,280 ✭✭✭slingerz

Twitter is telling me Markovic is in Liverpool and doing a medical tomorrow.

EDIT: Twitter is also telling me we're interested in Jay Rodriguez. That's Jay Rodriguez...not James. Jay. **** everything,I'm going to bed to cry myself to sleep.

Jay Rodriguez is a really good player?? His injury is a pity and I don't see him signing this summer but with a return to fitness perhaps January or next summer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

I'd be confident that the Jay Rodriguez link is just lazy journalism. In fact, I think the Bony, Remy, Rodriguez links are just smokescreens TBH.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,694 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

According to the BBC gossip pages we're in for a 26m bid for lukaku.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

slingerz wrote: »
    Jay Rodriguez is a really good player?? His injury is a pity and I don't see him signing this summer but with a return to fitness perhaps January or next summer

Yeah I know he's decent. Was hoping we'd be aiming higher is all. Was in a bad mood last night too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

According to the BBC gossip pages we're in for a 26m bid for lukaku.

not a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,280 ✭✭✭slingerz

Yeah I know he's decent. Was hoping we'd be aiming higher is all. Was in a bad mood last night too.

Think he has the scope to improve and blossom at Liverpool similar to Sturridge and Coutinho tvh

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Cmack

The echo is saying that we'll have all the Suarez money to spend in addition to the original £60m budget, so around £135m. Clubs are going to be out to fleece us, but nothing new there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Was gonna link the 26M for lukaku but someone already beat me to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

So Lukaku, Bony or Origi????? Which would you prefer at the club?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

I'd have Lukaku.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Lukaku would be sweet. Doubt that would happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Cmack

26M for Lukaku would be a terrible misuse of funds, as apparently we've already got Origi for around 10M. Although he's supposed to be coming next season.

We need to add goals from midfield, we already have a 20 goal a season striker. Coutinho is someone I'm really hoping can have a big impact this season if he can sort his shooting out. But I also feel we need to add a left sided attacking player with goals in him, Griezemann would be top of my list there and is apparently available for the sort of money that is being suggested for Lukaku or Bony.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

Bony for me would add a bit of composure into the attack,if the game was tight I'd rather a chance falling to him. Lukaku and Origi like Sturridge all drift out wide, where Bony is someone that will attack centrally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

£26m for Lukaku? Lulz

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭billy2012

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/166251-suso-i-want-to-stay-and-stake-my-claim

Interview with Suso.

Hope he stays, I really rate the guy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

I'm not on twitter but Markovic has said goodbye to the be rica fans on it. Perhaps someone can verify? Looks like that will be wrapped up pretty soon.

Wonder whats going to happen with Ibe and Tex?

I'm sure clubs with be queing up to get them on loan.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

billy2012 wrote: »

Wonder whats going to happen with Ibe and Tex?

I'm sure clubs with be queing up to get them on loan.

Flanagan to replace Suarez! Cracking goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Bony over Lukaku every day of the week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

8-10 wrote: »
    Bony over Lukaku every day of the week

Lukaku is by far the superior player

Oranage2 wrote: »

I just think Bony is far more clinical and Lukaku goes missing too much (though he's very young so can change)

I'd prefer Bony to sign than Lukaku

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Bony2K14 > Lukaku. Not that I don't like Lukaku, but buying him and Origi makes little sense, unless Origi opts to play for Spurs, or a big club like Liverpool in Dortmund. Also, Chelsea will tell us to **** off. If they're hesitant in selling Betrand (sp?) like some in the press have speculated, then imagine a deal with Lukaku.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Midlife Crashes

gafferino wrote: »
    I'm not on twitter but Markovic has said goodbye to the be rica fans on it. Perhaps someone can verify? Looks like that will be wrapped up pretty soon.

Nothing on Twitter but he posted a goodbye message on his Facebook

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

No one will replace Suarez, but people were saying that after Torres. I would recommend any striker who wants to make a name for themselves to go to LFC if they want to score goals. They seem to be the yang when it comes to Chelsea with strikers. It's also why I think Suarez won't be in contention for being regarded as the best footballer in the planet because he will always be second fiddle to Messi.

Bony didn't even start the most of his games in 2013. He still managed double figures in a side that couldn't score goals last season. Look at Michu - he tried but barely couldn't get a goal after 2012-2013. I personally think he's an excellent talent and could become a real danger. I remember the IC manager saying when he joined Swansea that he was the greatest talent he worked with. That's saying something.

No one will replace Suarez, but people were saying that after Torres. I would recommend any striker who wants to make a name for themselves to go to LFC if they want to score goals. They seem to be the yang when it comes to Chelsea with strikers. It's also why I think Suarez won't be in contention for being regarded as the best footballer in the planet because he will always be second fiddle to Messi.

Bony didn't even start the most of his games in 2013. He still managed double figures in a side that couldn't score goals last season. Look at Michu - he tried but barely couldn't get a goal after 2012-2013. I personally think he's an excellent talent and could become a real danger. I remember the IC manager saying when he joined Swansea that he was the greatest talent he worked with. That's saying something.

He also has a great attitude, meant to be a very hard worker in training and a real leader.

Yep I think even after a good season last year he's still being underrated. Don't get me wrong I'm not saying Lukaku isn't good enough or anything, I think he's a very good player. I just think that Bony is more clinical with chance conversion and would score more goals in Liverpool's team, so if it's a choice between the 2 I'd go for Bony.

[QUOTE=8-10;91254412]Yep I think even after a good season last year he's still being underrated. Don't get me wrong I'm not saying Lukaku isn't good enough or anything, I think he's a very good player. I just think that Bony is more clinical with chance conversion and would score more goals in Liverpool's team, so if it's a choice between the 2 I'd go for Bony.[/QUOTE]

Very true...why I'm not sure??

I wanted him last year before he came to England, I'm even more convinced now!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Oranage2 wrote: »

By far? No he's not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Bony2K14 > Lukaku. Not that I don't like Lukaku, but buying him and Origi makes little sense, unless Origi opts to play for Spurs, or a big club like Liverpool in Dortmund. Also, Chelsea will tell us to **** off. If they're hesitant in selling Betrand (sp?) like some in the press have speculated, then imagine a deal with Lukaku.

Betrand, is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Chelsea won't sell us Lukaku after what happened with Sturridge. Once bitten, twice shy (no Ivanovic pun intended).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Markovic has posted Thank you and goodbye on his Facebook.

Must be wrapped up so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭0028673

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I'm warming to bony more and more definitely think he would score lots of goals it's just he's very slow and to me doesn't fit into how rodgers plays. Saying that the team was built around suarez so inevitably rodgers will look to change the system again as you can't replace suarez with an inferior player in the same set up and hope for it to work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,937 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

0028673 wrote: »
    Wisdom is off to Derby again for the season. I was hoping that a Premiership club might come in for him.

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/Liverpool-defender-Andre-Wisdom-set-season-long/story-21457645-detail/story.html?

I would have liked a PL club this year as well for him and sent a few of the younger players to Derby to learn from McClaren.

One thing is he will grow as a player under McClaren.

I wouldn't mind sending Ibe & or Teixeira as well to Derby.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭rob316

djPSB wrote: »
    Chelsea won't sell us Lukaku after what happened with Sturridge. Once bitten, twice shy (no Ivanovic pun intended).

Aye chelsea will never sell to us again. Mugged them on Sturridge and torres and we took moses on loan last season who barely kicked a ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

Cmack wrote: »
    The echo is saying that we'll have all the Suarez money to spend in addition to the original £60m budget, so around £135m. Clubs are going to be out to fleece us, but nothing new there.

I dont mind paying big bucks for players that are actually top players and if they are the right fit...£26m for Lukaku?? nah, not worth it imo...would he even fit into the system?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,890 ✭✭✭✭klose

0028673 wrote: »
    Wisdom is off to Derby again for the season. I was hoping that a Premiership club might come in for him.

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/Liverpool-defender-Andre-Wisdom-set-season-long/story-21457645-detail/story.html?

Might want to re read the article there mate :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,937 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The farewell to Hansen is on the BBC right now for anyone who missed it the other night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

I think Lambert was bought as an alternative to Bony as his price was quite high. It looks as though Liverpool atm are considering whether to go for Bony or Remy or possibly both if Sunderland make an acceptable bid for Borini. I think Bony is a very good striker as he didn't get many chances at Swansea & scored 16 PL goals. If we didn't have Lambert I think he would a very good signing but I think Remy or Aubameyang would suit us better.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement